IGNORED

New release

Al_Nafuur

New firmware version v0.11.14 in PlusStore and GIT:

• Support for "small" Supercharger ROMs without header
  • New WiFi connect via WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) push button method
  • Factory reset function in setup menu (only for ESP8266)

New firmware version v0.11.15 in PlusStore:

• PlusStore Username (if account already exists) or email can now be used at "Setup -> Plus connect".
  • Bugfix for PlusStore "Plus connect" and "Plus remove"

New firmware version v0.11.16 in PlusStore and GIT:

• download firmware to RAM buffer and check size before flashing

• separate offline ROMs download from firmware download
  • break after first failed chunk download (ROM files and firmware)
Edited by Al_Nafuur
typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dionoid said:

After starting the update, the screen is stuck at showing just the (+) logo until I turn my '2600 on and off again.
Would it be possible to return to the PlusCart home screen after an update?

Updates with new v0.13.4 release will return to the start menu.

your previous version was v0.13.2. This was a draft version which had a "breaking" change in the emulated ROM so the VCS couldn't detect the firmware after the update.
I "released" this update at Friday 11:40 AM for about 5 minutes to test update a not registered PlusCart. And in that very short time you updated your PlusCart too. I changed the detection back to the "old" method in v0.13.4, so everyone who updates from a version pre v0.13.0, will not have the issue you described. Because of your update to v0.13.2 you had a "breaking" update back to the old detection as well. 

Edited by Al_Nafuur

2 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Updates with new v0.13.4 release will return to the start menu.

your previous version was v0.13.2. This was a draft version which had a "breaking" change in the emulated ROM so the VCS couldn't detect the firmware after the update.
I "released" this update at Friday 11:40 AM for about 5 minutes to test update a not registered PlusCart. And in that very short time you updated your PlusCart too. I changed the detection back to the "old" method in v0.13.4, so everyone who updates from a version pre v0.13.0, will not have the issue you described. Because of your update to v0.13.2 you had a "breaking" update back to the old detection as well. 

What a coincidence! ?

New firmware version v0.13.6 available in PlusStore and GIT:

• Download offline ROMs from PlusStore without manually generating the tar file

• detection for tar file flashed with the STM32CubeProgrammer

• new function to erase flash storage

• code and comments cleanup

The menu entries for offline ROMs have been moved to the "Setup" menu (see manual )

grafik.thumb.png.df7488ac1795bb30af870aae2e0f3540.png

Edited by Al_Nafuur
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Dionoid said:

Does this mean that the BoulderDash demo is now supported?

I think that Boulder Dash demo is the standard 3E bank switching (3E is support by PlusCart and UnoCart already) 

New firmware version v0.14.6 available in PlusStore and GIT with:

• Auto detection for 3E+ with ROM sizes other than 8K, 16K or 32K

• Auto detection for DPC+ , with not supported message.

• 1 month later...

New "test" version v0.14.7 available in PlusStore with:

• experimental DPC+ support
  • experimental SuperBanking support.

DPC+ games and demos with ARM support have to be recompiled or patched for the PlusCart. Some (more or less) working bin files can be found in the PlusStore directory "/public ROMs/DPC+ (expertimental)/". batariBasic games with my recompiled ARM code are crashing right at the start.

• Like 1

New "test" version v0.14.9 available in PlusStore with:

• DPC+ timing tweaks

There seems to be some timing issues with the NTSC VCS which has a slightly higher CPU clock than the PAL VCS. So could NTSC user please update and test the DPC+ ROMs in "Public ROMs/DPC+ (expertimental)", especially "DPC+ demo.bin" (use select switch) and the recompiled collect2_xxx demos.

Edited by Al_Nafuur

New version v0.14.10 available in PlusStore and GIT with:

• Add suport for SuperBanking (128Kb and 256kb) (e.g. Prince of Indiana by @gfvh)
  • Add support for 4KSC (and 2KSC) (e.g. Space Invaders Arcade by @Thomas Jentzsch )
  • Reworked and merged emulation functions (2K, 4K, FxSC, DF, DFSC, BF, BFSC)
  • Directories in menu now have a (slightly) different color

DPC+ support is still experimental in the PlusStore build but this branch is not yet in the GIT repository.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not a new firmware but a new backend feature, there are two new start menu entries now:
grafik.thumb.png.0bc0536a4ed299d54322033dd9fef647.png

The "Top Downloads (Last 4 weeks)" folder contains the 11 most downloaded ROMs of the last 4 weeks from the "Public ROMs" area.

The "Newest ROMs" folder contains the 11 newest ROMs from the "Public ROMs" area.

I'm not so happy with the folder names, so feel free to make suggestions.

• 4 weeks later...

New test version v0.14.11 in PlusStore:

• Exit function for (nearly) all ROMs (except DPC, PP, SuperCharger, BF, DF and SuperBanking).

To exit a game just press and hold first Joystick to the right (or press Paddle button) and press Reset on the console.

The exit function should work with every game, that is reading Joystick/Paddle-button and the console-switches in a kernel loop. Some (classic) games don't read the Joystick at the title screen, so you have to start the game before you can use the exit function.

This release also has the "feature" that after exiting a game the menu starts immediately to scroll pages because of the joystick right. I am hoping to remove this "feature" soon. 

please test, and report not working games here, or in the PlusCart thread, or PM me.

Edited by Al_Nafuur