IGNORED

New release

Al_Nafuur

New test version v0.14.12 in PlusStore:

• fixed SuperCharger multiload-header loading bug
  • memory reorganization for DPC+
  • Exit function for all supported bankswitching types (except DPC+).

To exit a game just press and hold first Joystick to the right (or press Paddle button) and press Reset on the console. Then release the Joystick to see the menu.

• Like 1

New draft version v0.15.1 for draft User @Prizrak, @Thomas Jentzsch and @Andrew Davie

the only difference to the public version v0.15.0 is a larger range request size (increased from 4096 to 32768 bytes)

Edited by Al_Nafuur

On 9/13/2020 at 12:59 AM, Al_Nafuur said:

New draft version v0.15.2 for draft User @Prizrak, @Thomas Jentzsch and @Andrew Davie

differences to the public version v0.15.0:

• Fixed exit function for ROMs larger than 96 kB
  • Case/style inconsistent in menus fixed
  • larger download buffer

I tested downloading Penult with the v015.2 on my wired prototype (even with a breadboard between the STM32 board and the ESP8266)  and it worked.
Did any of the draft tester had issues downloading files larger than 4 KiB ?

My internet seems to be ok today but the cart when first booting or using the existing emulation gives me a request timeout and then a retry wifi. After that it works and I can load the binary for a game. I loaded Penult ok but Mr YoYo and Peril were my other two tries and both ended with a black screen, almost like loading took too long. As you know I used to use my phone's hotspot for internet but since my kids are homeschooled because of this mess we got going on we have a router from GotW3 which is like a hotspot bit in router form, I get better data speeds from it anf typically don't have an issue with PlusCart and it, things have been much better. Might be a fluke today

5 minutes ago, Prizrak said:

My internet seems to be ok today but the cart when first booting or using the existing emulation gives me a request timeout and then a retry wifi. After that it works and I can load the binary for a game. I loaded Penult ok but Mr YoYo and Peril were my other two tries and both ended with a black screen, almost like loading took too long. As you know I used to use my phone's hotspot for internet but since my kids are homeschooled because of this mess we got going on we have a router from GotW3 which is like a hotspot bit in router form, I get better data speeds from it anf typically don't have an issue with PlusCart and it, things have been much better. Might be a fluke today

would be cool if you could test if you have the same issues with your v0.15.0 PlusCart

New draft version v0.15.4 for draft User @Prizrak, @Thomas Jentzsch and @Andrew Davie

• larger download buffer
  • Animated download logo
  • User selectable fonts:
    • Small Caps Font (standard)
    • Trichotomic 12 Font
    • Captain Morgan Spiced Font

Edited by Al_Nafuur
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

New draft version v0.15.4 for draft User @Prizrak, @Thomas Jentzsch and @Andrew Davie

• larger download buffer
  • Animated download logo
  • User selectable fonts:
    • Small Caps Font (standard)
    • Trichotomic 12 Font
    • Captain Morgan Spiced Font

I would like to have more tester testing the larger download buffer, but only tester that can flash the PlusCart manually !!

So tester that want to try PM me, so I can unlock your PlusCart for this draft firmware release.

New PlusStore feature:

• High Score List

In the "High Score Club" folder ("Public ROMs/PlusROMs/High Score Club") is a new dynamic text file "High Score List.txt", which contains the current high score lists for all PlusROM high score games (Top 11). So the High Score list can be viewed with the PlusCart, or online:
https://highscore.firmaplus.de/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

New draft version v0.15.6 for draft User

differences to the last draft version v0.15.4:

I suspect 15.6 is fundamentally broken, somehow.

For example, my chess will not run at all (3E+)

Nor will Penult.

And Amoeba Jump Plus will run, but then black-screen.

I wouldn't know where to start looking for these. Hope it's not something I've touched.

Normally I would diagnose myself with git bisect, but unfortunately earlier versions do not compile for me because of the inline incompatibilities.

6 minutes ago, Prizrak said:

I'm not fond of the color scheme, anyway to change it per cart? Like under setup? Hadn't tried of it broke compatibility for anything yet.

The colour scheme is just to show **it can be done**.

Of course, it will be a much prettier scheme.  @Al_Nafuur released the dev version before I was ready ;)

Give it a day or two and we'll get a new release out with pretty colours.

• Like 1

It's not an easy thing.

Since the text is actually two frames interlaced at 30Hz, each scanline of text is either (colour) or vivid blue (the background).

This means that the only colours you can realistically achieve are those that are 50% blue. It's very limiting.

If, however, you abandon the blue background and use black, then you get much more vivid colour alternatives, as the screenshot shows...

IMG_20200924_180801.thumb.jpg.d29702411eb437a8e88934951cd91e15.jpg

One other thing; I do not have control over WHICH colours are used - as these are driven by the "type" of each menu line, as set by the PlusCart backend. For example, when I view a text file it presents in green, because that's also the type used for (Go Back).  So these sorts of issues need to be sorted before we have the best colour scheme possible.

There are inconsistencies; for example the first 3 menu lines shown here are yellow as they lead to sub-menus/selections.

But on the WiFi setup, the WiFi nodes are also shown in yellow, even though they are technically not sub-menus.

I'm sure we'll sort it out soon.

I have a suspicion, though, that the black background isn't going to be acceptable to @Al_Nafuur