IGNORED

New release

Al_Nafuur

2 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

@Prizrak, @Thomas Jentzsch, @marauder666, @Andrew Davie or @Mr SQL

Are there any objections to a release of RC3 from the draft user group?

Although I'd really like to see a release ASAP, I think RC3 may need more testing.

Specifically, on the "exit" functionality.

1) exit from emulator

2) exit from menus

I have seen, and suspect issues with, the "string" used to determine exactly where the menu it at.

I've seen exits where you need to press (Go Back) several times just to get into a "known state" (you are presented with an empty menu)

I've seen one exit from emulator where it was stuck in an endless "blank menu".

I don't think these are showstoppers - they are specific marginal/edge cases.

But I'm pretty sure there's a bug or two in there still.

New draft version v0.16.0 (RC 4)

For draft User @Prizrak, @Thomas Jentzsch, @marauder666, @Andrew Davie and @Mr SQL

Is in the endless "** Firmware Update **" loop.

Fixed issues:

• Nicer "No WiFi" symbol.
  • Display correct font for font menu selections

26 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

Just mentioning, because it doesn't appear to have been mentioned in the release notes, these new versions should fix the '7800 menu/paging bug.

the workaround had been in the release notes for draft v0.15.8a, but not the fix..

13 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

I have seen, and suspect issues with, the "string" used to determine exactly where the menu it at.

I've seen exits where you need to press (Go Back) several times just to get into a "known state" (you are presented with an empty menu)

I've seen one exit from emulator where it was stuck in an endless "blank menu".

Confirmed Andrew I saw this a few times, I would be playing a game and go back and not where I expected to be or it would sometimes launch the game also (not where I expected to be in the menu, plus automatically launching the ROM).

I agree these are not show stoppers and the fixes outweigh - suggesting release it now like a Windows build; build is more fun functionality wise :) 

4 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Update just worked fine for me - is "my recently played ROM's" new? That's really cool! Maybe I just didn't notice before...

Edit: The bug where a new ROM launched could be used as a feature to allow 32K Sara games to be "multiload" like the SuperCharger - they could grab the next rom. A similar dos command could be added to batari BASIC similarly to allow this with the 32K games.

I've been having fun with the different implementations of the load command for SuperCharger BASIC allowing optional overloading and default overloads to be supported:

load: rem default argument is used

load i: overloads the default argument with a TIA zeropage variable (any variable may be used)

load MyRomArray(34) : overloads the default argument with a RAM array variable

load SUPERCHARGERID (still supported but deprecated)

Edited by Mr SQL
idea

4 hours ago, Mr SQL said:

Update just worked fine for me - is "my recently played ROM's" new? That's really cool! Maybe I just didn't notice before...

it was called "My Recent ROMs" before and "Recent ROMs" at the 12 Char display, but it wasn't clear to the user that "My Recently Played ROMs" are in that folder.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, marauder666 said:

Updated to latest firmware.

Still getting the corruption to the first line of the title bar. not always though.

Megamania and Space Invaders are now starting with the reset button, and not exiting emulation.

All testing done on 7800.

Can you get a screenshot of that corruption for me?

3 hours ago, marauder666 said:

Happens maybe once in every 3 or 4 power ons, on the 7800.

P1050035.JPG

Looks (occasionally) exactly the same on my 7800 PAL too.

It happens more often if the 3D printed cartridge (by @Andrew Davie) is used.

I suspect it's because of the contacts need some cleaning. I think it is the same issue on @ZeroPage Homebrew's 2600 too.

22 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Looks (occasionally) exactly the same on my 7800 PAL too.

It happens more often if the 3D printed cartridge (by @Andrew Davie) is used.

I suspect it's because of the contacts need some cleaning. I think it is the same issue on @ZeroPage Homebrew's 2600 too.

I think/suspect that @Omegamatrix's 36-char display will detect and sort this issue out.

Perhaps it's worth testing a binary (see attached) on that machine to see if it has a stable display...?

If so, then I may very well embark on the migration to the new kernel.

@marauder666 if you can test this binary on that machine and report results, it would be very helpful.

36CharRows.bin

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Andrew Davie said:

I think/suspect that @Omegamatrix's 36-char display will detect and sort this issue out.

Perhaps it's worth testing a binary (see attached) on that machine to see if it has a stable display...?

If so, then I may very well embark on the migration to the new kernel.

@marauder666 if you can test this binary on that machine and report results, it would be very helpful.

36CharRows.bin 32 kB · 0 downloads

nice, but the blue background is not working ?

IMG_20201111_135245.thumb.jpg.4f58dbdde171c9804318be8f634cdc8a.jpg

16 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

nice, but the blue background is not working ?

IMG_20201111_135245.thumb.jpg.4f58dbdde171c9804318be8f634cdc8a.jpg

Of course that binary doesn't set it to blue.

But what it does do, I understand, is detect the sprite shifting and auto-adjust the kernel to compensate.

I'm interested to see if this is behaving as advertised on those machines showing the problem with the 32-char display.

2 hours ago, Andrew Davie said:

But what it does do, I understand, is detect the sprite shifting and auto-adjust the kernel to compensate.

I'm interested to see if this is behaving as advertised on those machines showing the problem with the 32-char display.

It does do a check and chooses 1 of 2 values for a particular HMPx. It assumes one of those two values will work. It does not cycle through every possible value to see if a whole new one is required. So far it seems to work on all machines. More testing is always welcome.

BTW - related to general autodetection, and unrelated to the specific kernels, here is a test rom I made for cycle 74 Hmoves.

DetectHmove74Values.zip

Testing multiple things at once here, a Canon RGB-10 s-video to RGB converter, into a GBS-8200 with GBS control firmware, into a VGA to HDMI converter. 

All fun and games.

Picture looks great, I even ran multiple times, once with the corruption on the Pluscart title bar, and its still ok in the demo.

P1050037.JPG

Edited by marauder666

New draft version v0.16.0 (RC 5)

For draft User @Prizrak, @Thomas Jentzsch, @marauder666, @Andrew Davie and @Mr SQL

Fixed issues:

• Bugfix checking size of the downloaded ROM
  • Added status message for "ROM Download Failed"

New firmware version v0.16.0 in PlusStore and GIT released for all PlusCart users:

• New fonts
  • New keyboard
  • New display (more rows, more colors)
  • Download buffer size increased (faster downloads)
  • Animated loading logo
  • Many bug fixes and tweaks

• Like 1

Just applied it to mine. I still have the corruption on the first line of the title bar and odd spacing.

I get it on both my PAL 7800 and my RGB modded PAL 2600.

New menus are lovely though!

pluscart.thumb.jpg.442df2455786ebecf29975169b47d6bd.jpg

Yet this is just fine.

pluscart2.thumb.jpg.d3aa2f88cfcdc6bb9a76eb240f397930.jpg

The purple and pink do however show that the convergence is slightly out on my little PVM... Grrr, it's not easy to set on that one.

Edited by juansolo

44 minutes ago, juansolo said:

Just applied it to mine. I still have the corruption on the first line of the title bar and odd spacing.

I get it on both my PAL 7800 and my RGB modded PAL 2600.

New menus are lovely though!

Thanks for the testing.  We'll get that corruption sorted somehow, soonish.

What's your favourite font?