IGNORED

LaserActive video/sound issue.

Dr.Buddha

Last week I picked up a LaserActive super cheap. I discovered that a ic protector on the power supply was blown. I picked up a new one and she fired right up.

This is where I ran into trouble... I popped in a laserdisc to test her out. Dancing in the rain played flawlessly for about 15 minutes. Right when I was about to shut her down and screw the cover back on I realized the sound was getting lower and lower. After about a minute the sound cut out entirely, then I noticed the video started to diverge and make 2 overlapping ghost images. after about 30 seconds of that, poof, no more image, and the distinct smell of too hot electronics... 

Now if I turn it on, everything acts like its working but theres no sound or video at all. I took the whole thing apart again to look for any obvious issues. The only thing I saw was, apparently, the audio demodulator ca0002am got hot enough to start melting the little plastic cover that lays over the video board.

Does anyone have any experience working on laseractives that may have some guidance on where to start looking for faults?