IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Season 13 - Round 4 - War Games

Some day I'll have a clue of how to play War Games.

This week is the first time I've actually gotten a score, so I guess I've taken the first step.

When I play on Skill 1 I get the same results: don't know what is happening and perhaps get some points. (150k at best)

Skill 5: 250,000

Using the Phoenix w/normal CV controller

Flashback controller doesn't seem to work.

War Games [Skill 5] (CV) [e] 250000.jpg

I AVERTED THE COUNTERSTRIKE EVERYBODYYYYYYYY!

So I finally got the hang of it, and to my surprise, started to enjoy it! I was making incremental advancements, but still coming up short, getting as close as 48 seconds remaining in my time. I had switched over to my original controller, and even tho it's busted for some games, it worked seemingly well enough for this one. That made a big difference, especially since the # buttons on the super action are not comfortable. So I kept at it for a bunch of games, getting a little better and a little closer, until finally, I noticed- I was at defcon 1, but that timer was just a little over my overall timer. When all was said and done, I won with 1 second remaining! I had to cheer out loud. It was as close to a real life war game as I was gonna get, people. 

wg-3-16-50m.thumb.JPG.11c14ae96fecbed05282728f782f44b8.JPG

Just because it's too good to not share- 1 second left ladies and gentlemen:

wg-3-16-1sec.thumb.JPG.77da90020ab4e9ac4fe0c5b148b74306.JPG

Edited by fakecortex
  • Like 3

Good to see the improvement in scores. I have been obsessed with saving all 26 bases and 21 cities for days now. Due to the current state of affairs, lots of CV time! I have some motivation this season that I haven't had in years to be honest. I was up at 6am awhile back playing that dam Flipper Slipper and River Raid. Going to try a bit more today for all the bases then some Smurf action. Taking the time to learn games opens many doors of enjoyment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Northcoastgamer said:

Good to see the improvement in scores. I have been obsessed with saving all 26 bases and 21 cities for days now. Due to the current state of affairs, lots of CV time! I have some motivation this season that I haven't had in years to be honest. I was up at 6am awhile back playing that dam Flipper Slipper and River Raid. Going to try a bit more today for all the bases then some Smurf action. Taking the time to learn games opens many doors of enjoyment.

This motivation is bad news for my rankings haha. Just kidding. This group has really had me playing Colecovision a lot more then I probably would have otherwise. Although I love the system sometimes it gets lost in the shuffle.

• Like 3