IGNORED

RespeQt 5.1

ebiguy

On 3/15/2020 at 5:18 AM, Kyle22 said:

This is a BIG problem for me

Hi Kyle22,

Could you please test this new 32bit version with auto reconnect (the zip file contains only the exe to replace in the RespeQt folder)?

You must check an option in the Options dialog box, Emulation tab: Try to restart emulation if sio connection is lost.

If you validate this feature, I will push it to the Git repository.

RespeQt.zip

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

Divisor zero used to work fine on older version, but this one can only do divisor 2

5 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

to be clear the divisor problem is with the last full update

When you say "last full update", do you mean that ALL versions 5.1 posted in this thread (including the one in the FIRST post) do not work?

Please be very clear because I already looked several times at the source code and no modifications seems to be related to SIO communications so I need your help.

13 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

Divisor zero used to work fine on older version, but this one can only do divisor 2

11 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

to be clear the divisor problem is with the last full update

Would you please help in with the following test.

In this message, I uploaded again the 5.1 in 32bits and in 64bits (this is the full package).

There are 4 exe in the RespeQt folder:

- RespeQt_pull_req_8.exe

- RespeQt_pull_req_9.exe

- RespeQt_pull_req_10.exe

- RespeQt_latest.exe

The version latest is the same you already have and is known to have the divisor 0 issue.

Could you try the other ones (pull_req 8, 9 and 10) and tell me which one is working and which one is not working.

Thank you very much

RespeQt-r5.1-64bits.zip RespeQt-r5.1-32bits.zip

I figured out the problem. All of these RespeQts work at divisor 0 when booting a disk, but SDX has begun giving me problems with it. It has to be that.

I hope I didn't cause a wild goose chase. This *DID* work before in SDX, so I think I'll start looking in that direction.

Hopefully this experience may be of help to others.

Thanks for your help and especially the re connect feature. It works great.

The clock on my board is more accurate now.

-K

if using incognito make sure you have that taking over SIO and NOT Sparta, only pcl: drives do divisor zero for me...as well as divisor zero disk boots.

when using sparta the only way to get divisor zero on normal sparta disks is by rom sio replacements.

My issue appeared to be a lost or broken dependency in one of the repeqt updates.

Edited by _The Doctor__

Hold on... I'll be back with an edit to this...

Edit: I'm doing a full C:\> backup to a PCL: folder. Even at divisor 0, this will take a long time. I will report back later or tomorrow.

That 16M partition is almost full.

Edited by Kyle22

2 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

Hold on... I'll be back with an edit to this...

Edit: I'm doing a full C:\> backup to a PCL: folder. Even at divisor 0, this will take a long time. I will report back later or tomorrow.

That 16M partition is almost full.

It ran until it stopped w/ an error 153, and another one which I can't remember now. I changed it to copy w/ DMA off. It was faster, got most of the way through it, then froze. This seems like a timing issue, but it is when SDX is READING the local hard drive in Incognito w/ DMA off.

No matter what I do, it seems to crap out in the HELP80AN folder.

I'm going to investigate more tomorrow. I may CHTD all the files to today and see if that fixes anything. There was a previous version w/ that bug.

Edited by Kyle22

3 hours ago, Kyle22 said:

There was a previous version w/ that bug

I remember. I fixed this bug. And I just checked and validated that the fix is still there in the newest version.

So if there is an issue with the date, this is a new one.

I think it may be time to clean and re seat your 800, and possibly update your incognito... I've been away a while but I seem to remember you saying something about incognito updating the firmware and needing to un-brick your tl programmer to do it... and then something about flashing...

Looks like I'm working fine now...

edit... KYLE22 i just got an error on the Resistance Cove BBS saying a file is missing during log in.... I hung up and came back in... the file was no longer missing... it was possibly the news portion... something strange going on in your 800

Edited by _The Doctor__