IGNORED

Atari 2600 in movies or TV shows

OldSchoolRetroGamer

• 2 months later...
On 8/23/2020 at 7:24 PM, WolfAmongWolves said:

I think I found one of the examples you are referring to. In Season 1, episode 25 of Shaun the Sheep "Shaun the Farmer" there is a very short scene of the farm dog playing video games. You can't see the screen, but the sound effects are clearly 2600 Donkey Kong. It's at the 5:53 mark.

That's the first one I thought of: the dog playing Donkey Kong while Shaun was doing the dog's job and the farmer was in bed sick.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I found the picture online, and since the resolution isn't that great, I can't tell what the sign says.  Below is the back of one of Atari's early catalogs.  And boy, it sure looks like the sign might say "Innovative Leisure", because the words lign up the same way.  You have a good eye, CVGA.

And if that's what the sign says, then that's pretty interesting, because from what I can tell, the "Innovative Leisure" phrase was used up until 1978, and this Price Is Right episode is from 1982.

Last Page

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JayAre said:

Here are the 2600 console and Pac-Man as prizes on a 1982 episode of The Price Is Right.  Interesting that the show still went with the six-switch console instead of the four-swtich, since this is from 82.  I'd love to see the video for this episode.  

Found it

Episode 4613 - 1982 - The Price Is Right 1982 - The Barker Era

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, JayAre said:

Awesome!  AtariBoy, thanks so much for taking the time to search for this video; very nice of you.

And CVGA, you were absolutely right.  As can be seen in the video, the sign says "Innovative Leisure".

After seeing that clip now I wanted that 1982 vintage original Zenith System 3 Color Television Set to go with my VCS 😆s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Atariboy2600
  • Like 4

I bought the Atari featured in the series The Amelia Gething Complex (2019)

image.thumb.jpeg.c044bb9e4eda5ffe5d4bf147aea27c2c.jpeg

The props department had covered the Atari logo with a waveform presumably because they hadn't cleared it for the show. 

image.thumb.jpeg.0f2289641d1863bf11910284bd913fde.jpeg

It appears in multiple shots and episodes.

image.thumb.jpeg.bd44fa97a1d494e72f5e3091172739c0.jpeg

I was stunned when I found this out because I'd paid very little for it and the seller didn't mention it beforehand. 

• Like 2

On 11/17/2022 at 6:33 PM, JayAre said:

Interesting that the show still went with the six-switch console instead of the four-swtich, since this is from 82. 

The probably had it sitting in storage where they kept other small prizes and stuff and props and supplies.

Edited by Keatah
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Cw's latest offering son of a critch.

https://www.cwtv.com/shows/son-of-a-critch/cucumber-slumber/?play=4d1b1e3e-0f2d-4c00-a137-5700fa2d65a2

This episode shows two kids playing a 2600.  Except I don't remember any white controllers bits.  Almost looks like maybe a commodore controller.  I thought they weren't compatible.

The whole thing is 20 minutes and 54 seconds long.  Fast forward to 16 minutes.  After the third dot.  The last commercial.  The last leg of the show.  Shortly after 16 minutes you will see a big woody crt tv and a 2600.

Edited by 0078265317

7 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

This episode shows two kids playing a 2600.  Except I don't remember any white controllers bits.  Almost looks like maybe a commodore controller.  I thought they weren't compatible.

Looks like a Commodore 1311 controller to me.

The CRT is displaying an image without a cartridge inserted. I think that's a 5200 screen?

vlcsnap-2023-09-20-08h16m49s030.thumb.png.a06fa27abba611c5940f24958bdeddd8.png

2 hours ago, xeex said:

Looks like a Commodore 1311 controller to me.

The CRT is displaying an image without a cartridge inserted. I think that's a 5200 screen?

vlcsnap-2023-09-20-08h16m49s030.thumb.png.a06fa27abba611c5940f24958bdeddd8.png

Yes lots of inconsistencies.  They have a working crt they could of at least buaght a used copy of missile command off ebay.  And it's the 2600 version despite having a 5200 logo.  And also the 5200 logo from 1982 stays there for ever.  The logo on a real 5200 would of booted up in 5 seconds.  And it looks like at the end he is inserting something.

• 4 weeks later...