IGNORED

COVID-19 collection habits change?

We're staying in more so I guess I won't be hitting up some of the places where I normally go. I wasn't really actively hunting offline anyhow since I rarely find anything I still need in the "wild". I've spent a bunch of time cleaning up, organizing and cataloging my collection so that's actually a good thing. Looking forward to actually playing more games over the next couple of weeks.

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I disinfect most of the things I buy for my collection whether or not there's a specific virus going around...

Most of this stuff was owned by disgusting kids at one point. Or disgusting adults.

What do you think the best method of disinfecting is without damaging the cosmetic shape? Just looking for advice for this.

To be honest you are more likely to catch the virus from the person delivering it than anything on the package itself - but I am trying to limit human contact at the moment, so not doing a lot of ordering to avoid people coming to the house. 

I pretty much clean everything that comes from eBay - say a system, the controller etc gets a good going over with disinfectant wipes. Games I clean with either isopropyl alcohol or CD wipes (depending on the format) before they go in my system. I also give the cartridge shells a good scrubbing down with disinfectant and a toothbrush. Obviously with things like cardboard game boxes, not a lot you can do there, but you never know who has had this stuff. 

It's not the virus to be careful of, it's nasty little kids with grubby dirty slimy hands. I once purchased a second hand PS one, the ridges on the controllers were full of kids smelly dirt and shit...ended up in the rubbish bin straight away. Disgusting.

Edited by high voltage