IGNORED

Is There Anything I Can Do With The Netflix Disc?

3 hours ago, Austin said:

You can look at it. You can fondle it. You can put it on a shelf. You can do lots of things with it.

So in other words, I spent $5 on a useless piece of plastic instead of spending that money on something useful like my college fund or disease research?

proceeds to start laughing, which slowly turns into crying

• Sad 1

@Magmavision2000 you gotta stop living in the past! new VHS tapes and now netflix discs for defunct Wii apps ...

Someone out there might find it mildly collectible in that there might be a finite number of them. But it hasn't been relevant or needed in like 12 years. The Wii used a downloaded app for Netflix streaming which made the disc obsolete. And now the Netflix wii "channel" doesn't work at all. 

It's worth five bucks because that's what someone got out of you. So in that sense, it's contributing to your college fund because you're now just a little bit smarter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

It's worth five bucks because that's what someone got out of you. So in that sense, it's contributing to your college fund because you're now just a little bit smarter. 

You know what? That was mildly motivational, thank you.

• Haha 2

Just hold on to it, and get one of those custom case inserts printed and put both in a spare Wii case. Sell it as a rare collectible when the Wii prices start spiking in the near future. You will see a VERY nice return on this disc some years from now.

It does count as part of the Wii set, as it is an officially approved title, even though it isn't a game. Completionist collectors will also want the paper sleeve, which is already missing from a lot of discs.

There's also a PS3 version of this disc that is much rarer than the Wii version.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Blazing Lazers said:

Just hold on to it, and get one of those custom case inserts printed and put both in a spare Wii case. Sell it as a rare collectible when the Wii prices start spiking in the near future. You will see a VERY nice return on this disc some years from now.

It does count as part of the Wii set, as it is an officially approved title, even though it isn't a game. Completionist collectors will also want the paper sleeve, which is already missing from a lot of discs.

There's also a PS3 version of this disc that is much rarer than the Wii version.

I have both with sleeves.  I was actually surprised when Netflix didn't ask for them back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...