IGNORED

RespeQt 5.2 and new Repository

ebiguy

?Wow .... it's been a long time since I went through this thread ....

My congratulations to the whole team, it has really changed a lot from when I contribute with a few changes in version 4.x I can't believe that I now have printer support ?

Greetings

• 4 months later...
On 3/29/2020 at 2:24 PM, ebiguy said:

Thanks to @pusakat, we also have a binary for Ubuntu 18.04: https://github.com/RespeQt/RespeQt/releases/download/r5.3/RespeQt_r5.3_Ubuntu_18.04_x86_64.tgz

Anyone to test this package ?

Tested, got this error:

./RespeQt: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5SerialPort.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Then I loaded libqt5serialport5, I got the application running. I didn't test more at the moment.

sudo apt-get install libqt5serialport5

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Two years have passed since the release of version 5.3. In version 5.4, the author promised to fix the bug.
Any news about new versions?

p.s. It also turned out not a very pleasant moment, on monitors with a high resolution and selected UI Scale, the QT interface ignores the system settings and everything is terribly small, including icons, menus and other text.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 12:32 AM, Bikerbob said:

Wait there was this whole debate in another thread.. is this not open source?? ;) should not development just be flurishing because everyone and anyone can get their fingers in it?

Wait.. I guess you have to have interest.

Uh oh.... now you gone and done it.

• Like 2

On 10/14/2022 at 12:51 AM, Astal4 said:

@Bikerbob I think it's just much more niche than ADTPro is with Apple IIs selling far far more units, and also the Fujinet coming out and replacing SIO2PC for the most part.

Personally as a storage replacement? Fujinet is no APE or AspeQT/RespQT - you can load HD images, mirror drives, not just simply load ATRs. Fuji is just another gadget - not so much better, just different. Now if I was new, and did not own an 850 PR:C or SDmax or had a few floppy drives(ALL OF WHICH I HAVE) then sure I'd grab a FN - good bang for the buck. but I would not necessarily say it does it better or replaces things.

ps. yes I own an FN

Edited by Bikerbob

23 minutes ago, Bikerbob said:

Although since you were the first reply I guess my theory was correct.. not enough interest.

Well, as I have said in other places... it's not necessarily a lack of interest... it's a lack of interest (or more likely, time) among those with the right skill set.

Those who have that skillset likely have their own projects (or reasons why they don't have any time for their own projects).  Learning a new code base can take awhile, even for an experienced dev....  Dev work is also kind of like art in that each dev has their own "style" (and many dev's style is "big disorganized mess") adding to the learning curve.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bikerbob said:

Personally as a storage replacement? Fujinet is no APE or AspeQT/RespQT - you can load HD images, mirror drives, not just simply load ATRs. Fuji is just another gadget - not so much better, just different. Now if I was new, and did not own an 850 PR:C or SDmax or had a few floppy drives(ALL OF WHICH I HAVE) then sure I'd grab a FN - good bang for the buck. but I would not necessarily say it does it better or replaces things.

ps. yes I own an FN

Not wrong at all, but in the mind of a lot of people Fujinet has replaced SIO2PC stuff is my understanding, right or wrong.

Edit: I have an SIO2PC and it does not work at all, I've tried contacting AtariMax and they've never responded. Useless.

Edited by Astal4

On 10/19/2022 at 7:29 PM, Astal4 said:

Not wrong at all, but in the mind of a lot of people Fujinet has replaced SIO2PC stuff is my understanding, right or wrong.

Edit: I have an SIO2PC and it does not work at all, I've tried contacting AtariMax and they've never responded. Useless.

When did you try contacting him last?  His day job (last I talked to him) was a nurse..... They've been kinda busy lately from what I've heard. 

(But seriously, it's worth trying again).

3 hours ago, Tillek said:

When did you try contacting him last?  His day job (last I talked to him) was a nurse..... They've been kinda busy lately from what I've heard. 

(But seriously, it's worth trying again).

I tried to contact him a few weeks ago, waiting for a response, I'll try again. I hope he replies because it's an expensive paperweight right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/5/2022 at 3:57 PM, stushug said:

Can someone please link me to a tutorial for RespeQt installation in Linux Mint? I've read about using qmake and make, but I have no idea how to use either command.

I updated the document with the instructions and dependencies of compilation packages in Linux, did you read it ? it is in the develop branch I leave the link in case you did not see it. 😅

17 hours ago, ascrnet said:

I updated the document with the instructions and dependencies of compilation packages in Linux, did you read it ? it is in the develop branch I leave the link in case you did not see it. 😅

Thank you for the post, I will read the instructions and other info in your link.

14 hours ago, ascrnet said:

try it and let us know😉

I looked at the link and all I see is a file called compile.html with no instructions on what to do with it.

I need a step by step tutorial on how to install RespeQt in Linux Mint. I don't mean to be so demanding but I never seem to get the help I need. I don't know how to use qmake or make or compile anything. Do such instructions exist?

6 hours ago, stushug said:

I looked at the link and all I see is a file called compile.html with no instructions on what to do with it.

I see that you did not understand anything, it was as easy as downloading the file and viewing it in the browser.🥱

image.thumb.png.193aa4cb77427a1173ccbfc3d7408798.png

6 hours ago, stushug said:

I need a step by step tutorial on how to install RespeQt in Linux Mint. I don't mean to be so demanding but I never seem to get the help I need. I don't know how to use qmake or make or compile anything. Do such instructions exist?

There are the instructions for generic Linux "like Debian for example" you have to adapt it to the distribution you use.

Another point with that attitude of wanting everything already, without making the greatest effort to learn the basics. that's why nobody helps you.😅
If I have a guide but for generic Linux I leave it in case you want to see it, if you don't understand you should do a command line course in Linux. 😉

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/25/2022 at 4:00 PM, ascrnet said:

I see that you did not understand anything, it was as easy as downloading the file and viewing it in the browser.🥱

image.thumb.png.193aa4cb77427a1173ccbfc3d7408798.png

There are the instructions for generic Linux "like Debian for example" you have to adapt it to the distribution you use.

Another point with that attitude of wanting everything already, without making the greatest effort to learn the basics. that's why nobody helps you.😅
If I have a guide but for generic Linux I leave it in case you want to see it, if you don't understand you should do a command line course in Linux. 😉

I downloaded the file  "RespeQT_5.3_debian_9_x86_64_tar.xz"  on my desktop computer running Linux Mint 21. I extracted the contents of the file to a folder on my drive. I then found inside that folder a subfolder named RespeQt. Inside of that folder was an icon labeled RespeQt. I double clicked the icon and RespeQt began running. I thought that's great, I'll repeat the process on my laptop since that's the machine that I use to connect to my Atari 800. I downloaded the same file from github and extracted it to a folder on my laptop exactly the same as I did on my desktop.  I found the same icon in the subfolder RespeQt so I double clicked it and nothing is happening. RespeQt does not start like it did on my desktop. Any idea why it works on my desktop and not my laptop? They are both set up with Linux Mint Mate 21 with identical parameters.