IGNORED

Parker Bros card with different banks scheme? A2600

cetics

12 hours ago, alex_79 said:

Thanks. That proto uses 5 ICs compared to 4 in the board shown in this thread, so I guess it's a bit more complex and expensive to build.

And two of the 5 ICs might be more complex, no? They have 20 instead of 16 pins.

Here is another board, that looks pretty simple. Or is the IC something more expensive? Or maybe this early demo is only 4K?

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

And two of the 5 ICs might be more complex, no? They have 20 instead of 16 pins.

Yes, I think that larger ICs would typically be more complex and cost more, although the availability probably plays a role on the price too (Common parts are cheaper). I'm no expert, though.

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Here is another board, that looks pretty simple. Or is the IC something more expensive? Or maybe this early demo is only 4K?

The latter. The 24 pin EPROM is 4K. The 74LS04 is an inverter used to invert A12, as EPROMs usually have an active low "Chip Enable" pin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cool! Thanks!

@cetics (whenever you should come online again :)Do we know the brand which was using this board?

BTW: The two games are Montezuma's Revenge (01.bin) and Popeye (02.bin) (both 100% identical to the NTSC releases, except for the hotspots). Atarimania has no 2 in 1 with these two games listed.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the answers. I think I still have the cartridge in my collection, but it never worked, so I was afraid to invest and ask for a PCB to be manufactured in China. Because I wasn't sure if the dumps were good. I found a similar board (working) on the Brazilian market a while ago and thought I'd buy it to see what was wrong with mine, and try to export the working schematic. But the price they asked was simply impossible to pay back then. Today I looked and couldn't find it anymore. I'm thinking of redesigning the board and ordering a PCB in China for testing.

• 1 year later...