IGNORED

Animal Crossing.... Wuh?

Shannon

46 minutes ago, Jinks said:

I will not buy  switch as I bought a wii u and they discontinued it shortly after. I bet if I bought one 6 months later would be obsolete. Screw modern games. Oh and how much of this game will not work in 2 years? 80%? Like most online games.

Need some cheese to go with all that whine?  You had no reason what so ever to post that crap other than to troll if you have zero interest in buying it.  Shoo.

2 hours ago, Jinks said:

I will not buy  switch as I bought a wii u and they discontinued it shortly after. I bet if I bought one 6 months later would be obsolete. Screw modern games. Oh and how much of this game will not work in 2 years? 80%? Like most online games.

No offense, but you have no one to blame but yourself for getting a Wii U late, and unless you buy a switch in 2030, you won't have to worry about it being discontinued. Although I do agree this game would probably lose some playability once the servers shut down, but saying they will shut down in 2 years is quite stupid.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Shannon said:

I was referring to events and time traveling.  Every site that has a guide specifically said that nintendo prevents TT when it comes to events.  But I do not know if that applies to bugs and fish as well.  I myself have not TT'ed more than one or two days.  BTW to do it.  Just close your game.  Go into your system settings.  Turn off the "sync to internet".. set the date/time to what you want.  Load the game.  Take care of business.  Exit and close the game.  Go into your system settings.  Turn on the "sync to internet" option.   Most of the time I just bump it up or back 12 hours so that the tim/tommy store will be open and I can do a couple of day events ( I work a night shift ).

I suppose it is possible that once all events are added then nintendo won't be so strict on the TT and events.  I had one update install the last couple of days.  I'm not sure what it was because it occurred after the first bunny day.  Maybe a bug fix?

yeah, it looks like the last few have been bug fixes.  one fixes balloon behavior, the other fixed a bug where if a islander moved out you couldn't reuse the land (i think).

i think it's neat that there's not really any one way to play Animal Crossing, sort of like Stardew Valley. 

Something my wife likes to do is 'rerolling' her islands to see the different villagers, fruit, landscape, etc, just to see what's different.  She'll play a bit, go 'eh', then start a new one.  :)  She does this in Stardew Valley, too.  If she gets far enough in the island usually she'll pop over to mine in Local Play, drop off her stuff for later, then move on.  Digital nomad!

she feels bad in a way that she never 'progresses', but i always encourage her to play the way that SHE wants.  if she gets enjoyment out of rerolling islands/farms/etc, i think that's FANTASTIC.

• Like 1

I'm like that with it, the whatever attitude, short of a restart.  I see these people doing this crazy farming techniques spending like 4 hours a day on it, and I'm like, what's wrong with you??   I tried one tech a bit, problem was the island was good, but got a poor tarantula generator.  I was able to strip it well, so I got quite a few big atlas moths and a few other things I didn't have before to the museum with the spares racking up nearly 30k in like a half hour.  The flight I did before was a wash, it ended up being the rare central bell rock island thing and there's like 50k out there so that paid out well.  So in the end I made about 90k, put like 4 new things in the museum too, and did the usual rounds so it was nice.  Sure I'd love to farm for 2hours or 3 and get a million bells, but it seems like a waste to blow through the game that fast.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I'm like that with it, the whatever attitude, short of a restart.  I see these people doing this crazy farming techniques spending like 4 hours a day on it, and I'm like, what's wrong with you??   I tried one tech a bit, problem was the island was good, but got a poor tarantula generator.  I was able to strip it well, so I got quite a few big atlas moths and a few other things I didn't have before to the museum with the spares racking up nearly 30k in like a half hour.  The flight I did before was a wash, it ended up being the rare central bell rock island thing and there's like 50k out there so that paid out well.  So in the end I made about 90k, put like 4 new things in the museum too, and did the usual rounds so it was nice.  Sure I'd love to farm for 2hours or 3 and get a million bells, but it seems like a waste to blow through the game that fast.

of course, everyone's idea of 'fun' will vary, but if the game just feels like a second job to me, that's not fun for me.  :) 

i've seen similar stuff, or folks going bonkers looking for the 'right' island to sell their turnips on.  i commented to one of my coworkers that after you earn like 3 million bells, what really is there to do? lol

Seems too many people set goals that are too lofty.  I have myself a nice little system that doesn't require a whole lot of time.  I'm not determined to get "everything" as soon as possible or make a gazillion bells within one play session.  The only time I get "busy" with the game is when Tom Nook has some work for me or if there is some event going on.  I don't have to "buy" everything that shows up in the Nook store.  I fill up my rooms as I can and stop buying things until I can add rooms to my house.  ( Inventory management people!)

Anywho... I can understand why some people would look at the game like a "2nd job".. I'm the same way with Will Wright's "The Sims".  Brilliant game.. but too much like the real thing for me.  :P

im kind of just cruising along- without putting too fine a point on it, im improving my island now so a certain *someone* can do *something* on my island.

i imagine it will take me a while to get where i need for that since i'm a slacker and there's shells to collect and trees to beat. ;)

I've barely said a word to her after she got her own seat.  I really don't feel like kicking someone off my island as of yet, and the other option I forgot but wasn't interesting.

The only time I went truly nuts with the game was Gamecube, had to get all those NES carts and event ones, then the Nintendo clothes, and a few full furniture sets.  It spit out bells pretty well so I would clear the store every day, but it was easy as I'd plant an orchard of foreign fruit near the shop so I could rack out like 100k a day in like 15minutes.  I'm doing a little of that now because I don't really want to get into it feeling like a job trying to pay off the house mortgage and the infrastructure jobs.  So anytime I find stuff, so far I have pears and cherries, I plant them in sets of 6 so each tree so far kicks out I guess 1500.  I've cleared an area on my map where my house currently sits of other trees and a rock that was in the way so that'll be my fruit space in time.  I think the villagers are paying even less into Lloyd, so I'll have to carry that.

I will have some fun when I check in with the game in a couple hours from now, and I may try and hit another island with a ticket to see what happens.  I just don't want to get into harvesting tarantulas and big moths for big bucks, not my idea of fun.  I did notice that spider leaves the game for like 6+months at the end of April so those fools are probably scrambling for the cash.  With all the lame garbage going on being partial prisoners in our home thanks to the actions of the CCP late last year/early this year a game like this is a welcome vacation I don't want over anytime soon.  Converse, fish, catch bugs, shop, kick back, buy fun randoms that crop up.

• Like 1

hope you guys have been having fun with Animal Crossing this week and with the events.  :)

I did a good bit for the Fishing Tourney and then for Bunny Day- I managed to craft all the recipes so i got my super-exciting 'prize'.  I've been helping my wife out with stuff as we go back and forth to each others' islands. 

my house now has *four* rooms!  woo!

I intentionally didn't upgrade my house yesterday.  I left it at 1K left in the balance before the 3rd tier home whatever that is (wider again or another level, don't want to know until I do it.)  I felt it more important to do other stuff and look into more island infrastructure, perhaps dropping the $30k if not that to move my house up on the hill like I wanted.

I've decided not to go crazy with this like some people do as you see online.  I'm going to go like mountain/island village style with this so I'm just going with natural ramps, and the bridge I put in of my choice was stone, the starter is that annoying wood pole thing I'd love to remove in time to match the other.  I've put all my homes in the lower 1/2 of the island too as I'd like to have the isolated central space and peeks undeveloped for the most part.  I may throw a lighthouse, observatory, any interesting style kind of stuff in a place like that though.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I intentionally didn't upgrade my house yesterday.  I left it at 1K left in the balance before the 3rd tier home whatever that is (wider again or another level, don't want to know until I do it.)  I felt it more important to do other stuff and look into more island infrastructure, perhaps dropping the $30k if not that to move my house up on the hill like I wanted.

I've decided not to go crazy with this like some people do as you see online.  I'm going to go like mountain/island village style with this so I'm just going with natural ramps, and the bridge I put in of my choice was stone, the starter is that annoying wood pole thing I'd love to remove in time to match the other.  I've put all my homes in the lower 1/2 of the island too as I'd like to have the isolated central space and peeks undeveloped for the most part.  I may throw a lighthouse, observatory, any interesting style kind of stuff in a place like that though.

ill try to get some pics from my island up since i created a burner Twitter to upload them.  :)  sort of what i did was to have the houses grouped together sort of- i've left my mountainy stuff more or less natural.  on my hills i've started creating some fenced off areas for flowers.  i also have an orchard of all the fruit trees off to one side as well.

that's a cool idea to replace the first bridge!  i prefer the stone or wooden bridge (the name escapes me.. suspension?), and i have a red zen bridge going to my 'shrine' area.

personally, i think not going bonkers will go a long way to enjoying the game better for me- i'll get there. :)

• Like 1

I've been taking my time as well.  For example yesterday for the fish tourney I just focused on that.  I didn't bother with my usual daily routine.  Just that and the top 5 nook mile options for the day and that was it.  My wife and I tag teamed on the fish tourney and knocked it out pretty quick.

• Like 1

Just for kicks I visited someone via DoDo code.  I figured why not.. I could use some apples.  Anywho after a few tries I was able to connect.  The guys island was MAXED out.  He had orchids everywhere with every fruit.  He put all of his towns people up at the front along with all of the stores.  Easy access via ramp or bridge to all areas.  It was kinda neat how he had it organized.  Although it was kinda funny he had one of the houses blocked of with fencing and a trash can.  :lol:

The only downside to visiting a town with a publically posted DoDo code is the constant interruptions of people visiting and leaving.  So I just did my business and scrambled on out there.  I still intend on taking my time with the game.  I'm in no hurry to make a "super" island or anything.  :P

On 4/12/2020 at 4:34 PM, digdugnate said:

ill try to get some pics from my island up since i created a burner Twitter to upload them.  :)  sort of what i did was to have the houses grouped together sort of- i've left my mountainy stuff more or less natural.  on my hills i've started creating some fenced off areas for flowers.  i also have an orchard of all the fruit trees off to one side as well.

that's a cool idea to replace the first bridge!  i prefer the stone or wooden bridge (the name escapes me.. suspension?), and i have a red zen bridge going to my 'shrine' area.

personally, i think not going bonkers will go a long way to enjoying the game better for me- i'll get there. :)

Seems we have similar philosophy on how to develop and take time with it.  Today I saw the dragon return for big bug sales, problem is it kind of backfired.  After doing the boosted perk nook dailies and the usual run of fossils, wasps, free tree shake stuff I decided to island hop (nook x2) and that's where it fell apart.  The first one refused to generate anything but a scant bit of fish, crap fish, so I just grabbed any resources, littered the island with garbage I didn't need and left.  The 2nd one was moderately better at best, but I did get a good stash of atlas moths, finally a tarantula(1 ugh), and a few water bugs and a wasp.  The dragon paid me like 80k or so at least.  I also laid down and paid off a natural ramp to the left isolated high point of my island, and also put another home for sale plot and (island #1) will have a Bangle named tiger moving in tomorrow for that which looked cool.  I also paid the 1k off for my house so that'll pop tomorrow as well.

I'm sure curious to see about maybe picking my home up to that isolated peak with the pond into a water fall.  I rarely return home after leaving it, so it wouldn't be a hassle and would leave even more space for more foreign fruit orchards as i still need the peaches and the other I lack (apple is me, have pears and cherries so far.)

I do like shannon's idea of maybe trying to find a random island just once, maybe I can get my other fruits.  It's how along with snapper and knifejaw fish where I made tons of bells in the earlier versions of the game.  It has been oddly discouraging I've seen just 2 snapper and 1 knifejaw fish since it came out. :(

• Like 1

oh neat!  i didn't think about moving my house up on the mountain. 

my wife got the bug dragon, but i never saw them- ran a couple of bust Nook islands last night as well.  s'all good, though, because i made a fortune on the Fish Tourney and Bunny stuff (the easter dresses sold for 8k a piece).  i'm slowly building up the bridges and staircases for parts of my island; i prefer the natural step aesthetic.  :)

theres a villager that's a righteous pain in the butt to the other villagers and myself so i'm 'encouraging' him to leave so i can recruit someone else.  Village life is tough! lol

For the last three days all of my nook mystery island tickets have been bust.  Same islands everytime.  It's rather annoying.

My wife managed to get KK to visit her island ( she's been able to invest more time in it ).  She planted lots of flowers and put scenery all around the island.  I've just been adding stuff here and there.  I'm in no big hurry.

I spent last night re-arranging a bunch of my trees and putting the same type fruit trees closer together.

Edited by Shannon
  • Like 1

I fired up the game a bit earlier today than usual.  It was nice to see Bangle, and to take time shaking out all I could too.  Such a relief with that flipping rabbits pollution off the table.  The game turned interesting to me, there has always been like a set of averages or higher numbers you don't see pop over on the usual daily stuff.  A few bees in trees, 4 fossils, stuff like that.  Insane though, but the game gave and kept on giving.  5 fossils, 5 wasps, 2 tree items, never seen those hit that high.

I then went and did one island hop, and wow, a rare one... a ring with a large island in the middle you can hop to w/out a pole, and what's there, a massive tarantula infestation, 3-4 at any time, maybe 5.  I knocked the trees and rocks out carefully, then dug a few holes in an L shape and then a barrier in the middle about 3 wide full length.  I used this to work over the place, nailed down about 20 of them and yet another fossil too.  On return I cleared about 150K from that one trip which was amazing, finally setting up the game for my expansion tomorrow.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I fired up the game a bit earlier today than usual.  It was nice to see Bangle, and to take time shaking out all I could too.  Such a relief with that flipping rabbits pollution off the table.  The game turned interesting to me, there has always been like a set of averages or higher numbers you don't see pop over on the usual daily stuff.  A few bees in trees, 4 fossils, stuff like that.  Insane though, but the game gave and kept on giving.  5 fossils, 5 wasps, 2 tree items, never seen those hit that high.

I then went and did one island hop, and wow, a rare one... a ring with a large island in the middle you can hop to w/out a pole, and what's there, a massive tarantula infestation, 3-4 at any time, maybe 5.  I knocked the trees and rocks out carefully, then dug a few holes in an L shape and then a barrier in the middle about 3 wide full length.  I used this to work over the place, nailed down about 20 of them and yet another fossil too.  On return I cleared about 150K from that one trip which was amazing, finally setting up the game for my expansion tomorrow.

niiice!  i've only seen the legendary tarantula island once- most of the time now it's ones with stupid water bugs (which still go for ok bells, i guessss).

Flick was on my island so I bummed around catching stuff to sell to him.  I paid off a bridge to open up part of my island without going the 'long way' or using my pole and cleared some trees for eventual moves.

11 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That's awesome that you were able to get there. If you should happen upon it next time..here is a trick.

Only one t-spider at a time can be in agro mode. So...if you can find a way to trap one that is full agro and wanting to take you out. He will remain that way. During this process as that spider is running around trapped. All other Tarantulas will be docile making them very easy pickings! Again, I've not even gotten to Tarantula island once although I have been to both Big Fish islands but not the Big Fin island.

On most islands, as long as they have full fauna, I will at least take out the trees, stumps, and pick all the flowers. This will at least ensure that Atlas moths will spawn frequently on the palm trees. You leave the palms because there is plenty of space to navigate around them without spooking them and enough space to wander far to cause them to spawn. Doing this you can still make even normal island profitable. Just make sure you have enough resources to make nets, Axes, etc to clear everything out each time. I will always farm the rocks first, then use my stone axe to get the wood from the trees. Then I shake all the trees a few times to get me a lot of branches before taking them down completely.

Ahh didn't know the AI was so pea brained with the bugs.  Maybe it'll happen again.  Never seen a big fish island, but yesterday I got 2 new fish, the one Dory is based on in blue, and then i got *2* oar fish and they're ridiculous, and I got to see that one sells for 9000 bells I believe which is awesome.  A few of the snapper and one knifejaw finally showed up again too which was cool.

Your atlas trick i was going to write too as a recommendation again given digdugs post there as I'll do that when things look awful because bringing back 20+ of those moths at 2K a piece is worth it.  Strip the plants, rocks and stumps, and just run in circles in the sand and they just pop pop pop.

• Like 1

If you haven't seen or found out by now, you can also turn one of the most common mystery islands into a very nice Tarantula hunting grounds. Bamboo Island! yeap...it is perfect for it except there is a new trick to help ensure even quicker t-spider spawns. Build 39 sections of fence. I use stone fence because stone is easy enough to get and I only need 4 stone for each 10 sections of fence. You use the fence sections on the rocky outcrops on the upper corners of the islands to fill them. This will prevent the wharf roaches from spawning. Then, take out the rocks and the bamboo. I usually leave the bamboo on the very back of the island alone since it doesn't impede my visibility. Leave the shoots alone as they will help fill the ground to help minimize the mole crickets. Eitherway, doing clearing out bamboo island at night and fencing in the rocks, taking down the palm trees. This will all ensure that ONLY ground bugs can spawn. That means only the tiger beetle and tarantula at time of the year. Dig out a diamond shape in holes that you can retreat to so that when they show up and you tick them off drawing the net, you have a place to jump into and pick them off safely. Relatively safely that is. I've had them still find ways in between the holes and get me but still worth it. I spent about 45min on bamboo island tonight and besides my tools and one spot to hold my fencing, I was able to fill the rest with tarantulas. 

Now if only Flick would actually visit? Is there some trick to this because we have yet to see him once. I also noticed tonight that since the bunny event, we haven't seen the ghost in a while either. There for a bit he was showing up like every 2 nights?