IGNORED

Animal Crossing.... Wuh?

Shannon

That's one way to go about it.  I just decided to buy bags or steal from nook islands various flowers and transplant them with differing colors by each and it has worked.  I've had quite a few different colored flowers of a few species pop up which is pretty nice even a strange black tulip.

• Like 1

Yeap..we have managed to breed 2 black tulips so far and it looks like we have our first black rose about to bloom that just popped up next to two red roses. We don't even try and breed the flowers just plant whatever to put some flowers around and they just seem to work. We also managed to somehow transplant 2 white wind flowers along with a bunch of others and within a couple days we had a blue wind flower. So now I have a small pen of blue windflowers and they in turn are breeding more blue wind flowers on their own now.

Also snagged my first scorpion tonight. I knew they were out, but hadn't actually encountered one until tonight. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Yeap..we have managed to breed 2 black tulips so far and it looks like we have our first black rose about to bloom that just popped up next to two red roses. We don't even try and breed the flowers just plant whatever to put some flowers around and they just seem to work. We also managed to somehow transplant 2 white wind flowers along with a bunch of others and within a couple days we had a blue wind flower. So now I have a small pen of blue windflowers and they in turn are breeding more blue wind flowers on their own now.

Also snagged my first scorpion tonight. I knew they were out, but hadn't actually encountered one until tonight. 

they're a pain in the butt for me to catch!

2 hours ago, digdugnate said:

they're a pain in the butt for me to catch!

Nah...use the same exact approach as you did for the tarantula. You draw your net...and get into sneaking position while drawn. When it has its pincers raised and tail poised..just stand still. When it lowers its guard...start sneaking straight towards it. Stop ...sneak...stop..sneak until you are close enough to it to finish the net swing motion and claim it.

• Thanks 1

Yeah the scorpion has the same pattern as the tarantula.  Now maybe it's a random bug, but I've only had it twice, the first went into museum storage to get credit.  The second one was a mystery.  It was doing circles in the plaza.  I approached it, it never really threw up a guard warning at all, and eventually is just faded like a ghost doing what it was.  It sucked as I was hoping to make some money and I've not seen one since.

Today was nice, did more road work upgrades, and my shop had some badass stuff but really namely a japanese arcade candy cab with a vertical shooter in demo mode on it with its own sound effects playing too.  I put that right into my home next to my vintage lit up jukebox.

Haven't had any arcades yet, but my wife did get a foosball table and I've got two of the same pinball machines and 2 dartboards. I know there are modern flatpanel TVs but those have never appeared in the shop yet. Although one of my townies has not 1 but 2 of them side by side on her wall. Crazy...

Aside from that, I saw and caught 3 scorpions tonight. 2 from my island and 1 from a mystery island. The interesting thing was that they seem to appear on my island in the same place..near the plaza. The townies freak out next to them and sorta stay frozen until the scorpion moves away from them, or I catch the scorpion. 

Trading with friends means I have access to pretty much every item I want right now... but that doesn't mean I won't find things I want! I only found out a few days ago you could get a shaved ice maker, for example.

Right now the one I covet is the strawberry & flowers cake. I have since learned it's a random thing your 'mom' mails you on your birthday, it can't be bought, & there's 6 versions of mom's cake so no guarantee you'll get a specific one. *grumbles*

Apparently there is a way to link Animal Crossing : New Horizons with Animal Crossing : Pocket Camp.  If anyone is interested.  It allows you to access some Nook store special items that you can use on your island.  The process involves getting the Animal Crossing : Pocket Camp for your smart phone.  So if you don't want to bother with that step then it is probably not worth it.

Another thing I've noticed is that when Nintendy is doing an online update to their server you cannot access your DLC items.  Which is rather annoying.  Big thumbs down on that one Nintendo.. I'll mention some more goodies later that my wife discovered.  But for now I'm still working on getting the Pocket Camp items.

Yeah when you go into Nook shopping under "special goods" there is a "promotion" section with the final items.

Brake Tapper, Campsite Sign, Fortune-cookie cart, Market Place decoration, OK Motors sign, Pocket modern camper, Pocket vintage camper, OK Motors cap, camper tee and OK Motors Jacket.

But you have to do something in the camp game first and then download the free DLC from the nintendo store.

23 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Yeah when you go into Nook shopping under "special goods" there is a "promotion" section with the final items.

Brake Tapper, Campsite Sign, Fortune-cookie cart, Market Place decoration, OK Motors sign, Pocket modern camper, Pocket vintage camper, OK Motors cap, camper tee and OK Motors Jacket.

But you have to do something in the camp game first and then download the free DLC from the nintendo store.

interesting!

I'm still dorking around in the game some 300-odd hours later, lol.  Working on a garden/fountain area this morning.

Just do this when you are in the game.  ( Make sure it is linked to your nintendo account and that you have a live account on your switch )

Tap the menu button on the bottom right ( the four squares )

Pick My Nintendo

There should be an icon for "Animal Crossing: New Horizons Special" that says "You can get this".

Select it then touch the "Reedem button".

It will give you a code.  Go to your switch go into the E-store and put that code in and you will have access to the downloadable content.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Well it's international museum week or something like that.  I hope you all got your stamps!

Oh yeah...just ran around the museum real quick to knock it out. Took me only a few min to get all three plaques. One thing I don't like is how quickly we are able to fill up the fossil portion of the museum compared to the other galleries? Bugs and Fish rely on only being out at certain times of the year (Unless you TT), but the fossils are numerous with 4 daily on your main island and the possibility of getting a few more when visiting mystery islands. As a result, between my wife and I we are only missing like 4 fossils now maybe only 2? And so none of the ones we find now are the ones we need. It just seems odd to have that part nearly already completed when the others are only maybe half or less complete? To say nothing of the art gallery which, will take forever to get done since so far you only have one legit art item when Redd visits. So pretty much only my wife will be donating those since she is always the first to play each day and thus will have that art safely in hand. 

Is there a schedule for when Redd, CJ, and the bug dude show up? We have only had the bug lizard show up Once so far on our island. CJ has shown up about 3 times now and Redd has show up 3 times. 

• Like 1

I agree but the fossils have always been that way though, so you'd think they'd fix some rotation to it.  The up side, they sell for like 2000-2500 on average for most of them, so when you get like 4-6 a day it's a nice little boost to the wallet.  I'm fairly positive running that stamp cruise last night I have all of them.

2 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Oh yeah...just ran around the museum real quick to knock it out. Took me only a few min to get all three plaques. One thing I don't like is how quickly we are able to fill up the fossil portion of the museum compared to the other galleries? Bugs and Fish rely on only being out at certain times of the year (Unless you TT), but the fossils are numerous with 4 daily on your main island and the possibility of getting a few more when visiting mystery islands. As a result, between my wife and I we are only missing like 4 fossils now maybe only 2? And so none of the ones we find now are the ones we need. It just seems odd to have that part nearly already completed when the others are only maybe half or less complete? To say nothing of the art gallery which, will take forever to get done since so far you only have one legit art item when Redd visits. So pretty much only my wife will be donating those since she is always the first to play each day and thus will have that art safely in hand. 

Is there a schedule for when Redd, CJ, and the bug dude show up? We have only had the bug lizard show up Once so far on our island. CJ has shown up about 3 times now and Redd has show up 3 times. 

there's no schedule that i can determine.  i've seen some infographics on Reddit, but im unsure of their accuracy. 

I'm done with the fossil bit, but i still like finding them!  there's an additional Nook Miles stamp for a assessing bunch more than I have even though my collection is complete.  my wife hasn't finished hers, so i offload my fossils to her; if she has em, she just goes ahead and vendors because as @Tanooki pointed out they sell pretty well.  :)

I finished my stamps yesterday and today- I enjoy running around my museum.  Otherwise I'm chunking around the island and slowly decorating it- up to four stars now!   

350 hours+ and counting...

35 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

I agree but the fossils have always been that way though, so you'd think they'd fix some rotation to it.  The up side, they sell for like 2000-2500 on average for most of them, so when you get like 4-6 a day it's a nice little boost to the wallet.  I'm fairly positive running that stamp cruise last night I have all of them.

For some reason, I had two fossils in my inventory that I sold last night because I already had them in the museum according to Blathers. I only sold just the two fossils. But the total came out to 6600? I was shocked at the value being 3300 per fossil. No I didn't note which two they were since once Blathers says we already have them in the museum I just go and sell them and don't bother with checking what they were. So the value appears to be as much as 3300 for some of them.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

For some reason, I had two fossils in my inventory that I sold last night because I already had them in the museum according to Blathers. I only sold just the two fossils. But the total came out to 6600? I was shocked at the value being 3300 per fossil. No I didn't note which two they were since once Blathers says we already have them in the museum I just go and sell them and don't bother with checking what they were. So the value appears to be as much as 3300 for some of them.

Not bad. I stopped kind of paying attention a week or two ago when I was rarely still finding bones to keep vs sell.  I did find though when I was it seemed to average around then.  Some were sub-1000 usually the little stuff like a hominid skull, amber, some little bug.  But the larger stuff not sure what it was, they were pretty high, perhaps it's those where you just need 2 large parts and those that eat up 3 are a bit less as the trio has more value taken as the whole.  Maybe like you're at 2x3300 for a 2 piece fossil, and then a 3x2000(or 2500) for a 3 piece fossil.  I'm sure someone, somewhere, has broken down the values like much of anything else from direct observation or datamining. I just don't like to dig as it's neat to have surprises in a screwball game like this.

In this video, Funkmaster V shows how to navigate the somewhat convoluted Zodiac/ Astronomy furniture collection process. Then he begins to arrange the pieces into a "Zodiac Clock Park" for the animals to chill at and think about extensional questions in. #animalcrossing #zodiac #creative

• 1 month later...

New update peoples!

Version 1.3.0 bringing some major additions to the game including the ability to go swimming, purchase Wet Suits, go diving for Sea Creatures in the ocean, a new special visitor named Pascal, new Mermaid Set furniture to craft, and Pirate Gulliver.

Ver. 1.3.0 [2020.7.3]

The software has been updated if you see “Ver. 1.3.0” in the upper-right corner of the title screen.

General Updates

Wearing a marine suit, you can now dive in the sea.

You can now donate seafood that you can get by diving to the museum.

You can meet new visitors somewhere on the island.

Tanuki mileage exchange gift was added.

Added seasonal raccoon shopping items.

Bug Fixes

Fixed some fish names in Korean/Simplified.

In addition, we made adjustments and fixed defects so that you can play the game comfortably.

The patch notes above are translated from Japanese.

Going back to the previous update with the wedding stuff, May day, and the museum stamp day.  I thought for the most part they were a waste of time.  The May day island was mildly amusing but a oncer.. once you do it no point in doing it again. 

I'm not a big fan of the whole "staging a photo shoot" thing.. or weddings for that matter.  But I did participate in the wedding stuff long enough to get all the items and enough "hearts" to help my wife by what she needed.  Luckily you didn't have to put much effort into the photo shoot to maximize on the hearts.  But it was mostly redundant and every few days they would add items but not enough to keep my interest.

Museum Stamp day was mildly interesting.. I only did it the once that is needed to get all of the items.

Other than that not much going on with me and Animal crossing.  My island is in the southern hemisphere so it is snowing.  I get to acquire the "snowboy" items which I have to say are pretty cool.  I also downloaded an App for my smart phone to help me keep track of my recipes, etc.  It is rather nice and even has a flower crossbreeding guide which has been helpful for me.  I've been trying to get some of the tougher hybrids for some time now.