IGNORED

Pac-Man Collection - 40th Anniversary Edition

PacManPlus

8 minutes ago, Trebor said:

Bob already took care of that with the latest update. 

No more mention of "XM Enhanced" on the title screen:

image.png.5cca06e88304a00262d771d1053556cd.png

Perhaps @Albert, @CPUWIZ or, @Tempest can allow the title of the post to be edited; changing to "PMC - 40th Anniversary", or something along those lines, instead of "First XM specific game".

I had not tried the newest version. That is MUCH better. :) "XM Sound" could be "Yamaha Sound" or "Pokey Sound" and then it's all cleaned up :)

• Like 2

Just now, CPUWIZ said:

I am sure Fred can make you one for $89. :D

I already have Fred's cart... 

I am still dreaming about 7800 Dig Dug with YM sound.. 

This Pac Man YM game is grreat! Cept I always sucked at Pac Man.. which makes me feel horrible that I am not able to enjoy it like I should. Is that some type of disorder to be pretty good at video games but suck at Pac? Hopefully a checkbox I can use at least for tax time?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Defender_2600 said:

Any interest in even a graphic update? A few years ago, I prepared a beta for Perry...  :)

I’d be interested but i even more interested if it had POKEY and/or YM sound. ? 

EDIT: A few years ago, I think @MrFish did a re-working of the two separate  (!) official A8 Dig Dug cart releases, combing some graphical tweaks to sprites and dirt layers with the faster gameplay of one of the versions to create a really great version. That’s my personal “go to” version to play on my A8 machines. 

• Like 4

On 12/19/2020 at 10:00 AM, DrVenkman said:

Harsh. But probably fair. *sigh*

Anyway, I really hope Al can set up digital sales for games in the Store somehow. I would love to be able to buy a ROM of this title to play on my (eventual) Dragonfly cart next year.

The ROM is downloadable in this very thread. ;)

On 12/19/2020 at 5:36 PM, Trebor said:

Bob already took care of that with the latest update. 

No more mention of "XM Enhanced" on the title screen:

image.png.5cca06e88304a00262d771d1053556cd.png

Perhaps @Albert, @CPUWIZ or, @Tempest can allow the title of the post to be edited; changing to "PMC - 40th Anniversary", or something along those lines, instead of "First XM specific game".

This might be a good idea for visibility.  Mods, could I either have permission to change the title of the first post or could you change it to "Pac-Man Collection - 40th Anniversary Edition"?

Thank you!

Edited by PacManPlus
edited for clarity
  • Like 5

On 12/19/2020 at 4:00 PM, DrVenkman said:

Anyway, I really hope Al can set up digital sales for games in the Store somehow. I would love to be able to buy a ROM of this title to play on my (eventual) Dragonfly cart next year.

I totally agree, Bob has been an extremely generous guy for too many years, he has always released the free ROM for every game he has worked on. Bob has devoted a significant amount of his time to our community, he has essentially rewritten the history of the 7800, capturing the interest of a growing audience and the enthusiasm of new developers. I really think that each of us, within the limits of our possibilities, can show in a "concrete" way our gratitude to the developers, not only by purchasing the cartridges (which in any case deserve a greater number of sales than the current one) but also by supporting the purchase of ROMs if you prefer to play under emulation. So, it would be a great initiative if our community seriously incentivized Bob to only offer free demo versions of his new games.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Defender_2600 said:

I totally agree, Bob has been an extremely generous guy for too many years, he has always released the free ROM for every game he has worked on. Bob has devoted a significant amount of his time to our community, he has essentially rewritten the history of the 7800, capturing the interest of a growing audience and the enthusiasm of new developers. I really think that each of us, within the limits of our possibilities, can show in a "concrete" way our gratitude to the developers, not only by purchasing the cartridges (which in any case deserve a greater number of sales than the current one) but also by supporting the purchase of ROMs if you prefer to play under emulation. So, it would be a great initiative if our community seriously incentivized Bob to only offer free demo versions of his new games.

Wow - thank you for those kind words!  I'm just glad people like the result of what I really enjoy doing... I'm going to try to get back to Adventure III after the beginning of the year; I liked where that was heading.

7 hours ago, Mitch said:

Done!

Mitch

Thanks, Mitch :)

*BTW, I don't have the Real Estate to replace 'XM' with 'Yamaha' on that title screen.  Should I just do 'YM' instead?

Edited by PacManPlus
Added the 'BTW'
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, PacManPlus said:

New Pics:

0003.png

0004.png

And as before, if the Yamaha is not enabled, that logo will not appear.

Nice!

& Merry Xmas, Friend. 

EDIT: Link to the most recent build please? I'm a slowy and can't find it.

Edited by Shawn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1