IGNORED

Pac-Man Collection - 40th Anniversary Edition

PacManPlus

26 minutes ago, PacManPlus said:

Guys, just a head's up; I plan on changing how the Yamaha is detected, using some ideas that RevEng suggested here.

Thank you Bob. I haven’t changed the header yet, as I was hoping an updated ROM would be available to handle this. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, guys :)

I need to do two things yet: revisit the Yamaha detection and write a new manual.  @Atariboy2600 has agreed to do new artwork for this one, and @Nathan Strum has agreed to do the artwork for Galaxian once it's ready. :D 

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 7

26 minutes ago, PacManPlus said:

Thanks, guys :)

I need to do two things yet: revisit the Yamaha detection and write a new manual.  AtariBoy2600 has agreed to do new artwork for this one, and Nathan has agreed to do the artwork for Galaxian once it's ready. :D 

21 minutes ago, gambler172 said:

and count me in for a cart ?

11 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

I'm in as well.  :)

So I have a potentially-dumb question. If/when carts are ready, will each cart need its own YM2151 sound module? I mean, it's obviously technically possible given the way the Dragonfly works and the cartridge-audio line on the 7800 cart connector. But do any of the existing homebrew cart PCBs support the YM? 

With the state of the XM completely out the window now that Curt has passed, this probably needs to be addressed by someone with the electronics skill to design such a cartridge board, if they haven't already. 

• Like 2

Hi Guys:

Just made this change.  Good news, The Dragonfly can detect the Yamaha without playing with memory settings.  Bad News, the emulators can't, and default to TIA sound.  (Though I'm proud of my TIA sounds) :P

Attached!

Thank you RevEng - your code worked! :)

Thanks, 

Bob

PMC_XM.A78 PMC_XM.BIN

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Wow, nice catch!

I think I know what causes that: when I make the board go "invisible" ,  Instead of turning the color of the board black (which I cannot do because there are  other objects that use that color), I make the character mode widths 1, and move them off-screen.   It looks like if you finish the board that way, it never gets moved back to its correct position. That should be an easy fix.

Thank you for reporting it!

• Like 2

On 2/8/2021 at 10:02 AM, PacManPlus said:

Guys, just a head's up; I plan on changing how the Yamaha is detected, using some ideas that RevEng suggested here.

Bob, thanks for all you do! I'm just lovin' this game, and I say it is THE best version of Pac-Man for any 8-bit system!

Since the above change was made, I'm unable to get my CC2 to recognize anything besides Yamaha sound. Of course, the CC2 has no Yamaha capabilities, so it now plays without sound. The previous versions would identify the TIA and default to TIA sound (which I agree is AMAZING)! I've tried almost all of the 128 kB banking files to no avail.

I know it's basically old and unsupported, but is there any chance of compiling a version where the BIN recognizes TIA for loading from the CC2?

• Like 2