IGNORED

Pac-Man Collection - 40th Anniversary Edition

PacManPlus

1 hour ago, Trebor said:

If possible to provide a *.bin image that places the bankswitching hotspot @$3000, I can upload it to CPUWIZ's MCP DevCart, and grab some captures from a CRT.

Bob posted it in our PM yesterday. :)

• Like 3

These are taken from a real 7800, Concerto, RF, and 50inch Samsung plasma.  Looks better in person than the phone camera as a blue reflection and blurry image also the ghosts colours are all problems with using a phone camera.. I have stuff in front of the Crt right now so I can not access the plug in...lol. or I would take a picture there too.. 

20200526_074804.thumb.jpg.2142115b4bca7bd0937654a02e9d5175.jpg

20200526_075251.jpg

15905018049612378559034133779493.thumb.jpg.6387561ec49cc30cd7e4fc8516017e5e.jpg

20200526_075347.jpg

20200526_080806.jpg

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 4

@Trebor - if that is the case, I am VERY happy to be wrong about that.  Maybe it was just the TV I used.  It was an old 32" RCA tube (damn thing was heavy too!)

I am still curious, however, to see 320B mode on a tube... If anyone is able to throw together a video or even a picture.

Updated (hopefully final) bin below.

PMC_XM.A78 PMC_XM.BIN

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PacManPlus said:

@Trebor - if that is the case, I am VERY happy to be wrong about that.  Maybe it was just the TV I used.  It was an old 32" RCA tube (damn thing was heavy too!)

I am still curious, however, to see 320B mode on a tube... If anyone is able to throw together a video or even a picture.

Updated (hopefully final) bin below.

PMC_XM.A78 128.13 kB · 9 downloads PMC_XM.BIN 128 kB · 4 downloads

You really need to get a CRT for playing older consoles!  They just don't look right on modern LCD screens.  The graphics and fonts were all made using a CRT as the benchmark of what it would look like.  They also tend to look sharper than on a high resolution LCD screen.  Most of the time they are in the wrong aspect ratio.

I know they take up more room, but they are worth the hassle IMHO.

From the picture and video posted, it appears the game looks fine.

• Like 2

I can not post the video that I wanted.. only does 4 seconds. First video I ever posted online. 

The sound picture and everything is way better than anything. Once my ears and eyes sense an Atari playing through a crt with an good rf connection it is unlike any other experience when it comes to classic gaming..

Did not your mother tell you about going blind if you emulate?? 

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Albert said:

I suggest uploading it to YouTube and then posting a link.  The forum isn't really setup to host large videos.

..Al

I do not have a youtube account etc. Someday might figure all that out. 

Lots of technical stuff to go through.. I think I had an account but forgot my password and it asks for last password etc. I do not have much patience for stuff like that. 

Edited by Jinks
  • Like 1

The video will play but takes time to load. This will give you guys an idea about how great the TIA sound is on this game. Also the amazing graphics and my non-gameplay skills holding a camera in one hand and playing with the other.. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tep392 said:

Bob posted it in our PM yesterday. :)

You know those times when something just didn't register. 

Despite me reading all the posts, including the HSC issue.  It didn't click...until right now.

Thank you...LoL!

*EDIT: Here are just a few real fast, real crappy (And I mean backlight hitting, reflecting poorly, other lamp in the background, angled funky, kid and dog running around), crappy captures direct from a CRT.  

These by no means truly show off how good it actually appears on the display.  I am not exaggerating, and sure Jinx can confirm again, it looks much better in person.  Those extra line pattern/artifacts aren't present in the Pac-Man logo and other places.  Between the camera, quality of capture, and resizing, a lot more noise was introduced into the pics.

However, even these show it is more than looking good and probably the only time I ever wanted Bob to be wrong about something. ;-)  

I can't wait for the full cart and even more so to have the XM engaging that sweet Yamaha sound by tep392:

IMG_1295.JPG

IMG_1296.JPG

IMG_1297.JPG

IMG_1298.JPG

IMG_1305.JPG

IMG_1309.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I had once so it gave me the extra man sound for every bad guy chomped once too.  

Kinda having nightmares about the Popeye guy.. 

My life is a Big Brown Easter Egg. 

Whooooooo!! 

Get me a drink..

Edited by Jinks

I'm very confused by this...  If that were true, then you wouldn't be able to see the bottom of the maze either.  The lives left go up the left side of the maze from the bottom, like the level indicator (fruit) goes down the left side of the maze from the top...

The lives indicators are not at the bottom of the screen like in the normal game.  This was done to be able to show more of the maze on the screen.

Edited by PacManPlus

1 hour ago, PacManPlus said:

I'm very confused by this...  If that were true, then you wouldn't be able to see the bottom of the maze either.  The lives left go up the left side of the maze from the bottom, like the level indicator (fruit) goes down the left side of the maze from the top...

The lives indicators are not at the bottom of the screen like in the normal game.  This was done to be able to show more of the maze on the screen.

I think he means that when he is at the top of the maze, the extra lives are scrolled off the bottom and not visible. Which, I think (?), is normal behavior. The entire screen scrolls, not just the maze. That’s correct, right?

• Like 3