IGNORED

VidCo's Mysterious Thief: hack could make it a good game

chewy

I have another hack suggestion, Mysterious Thief, i think looks, like a great game- love the color selection and graphics all around--- but as we know its pretty unplayable (or is it just me?) I think if the control could be fixed or collision detection, it could be good.  

The reason i mention is because these are such small memory games i thought it wouldnt be impossible to fix them, i mean others have been fixed for sure...- thx for listening

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 9:56 PM, chewy said:

I have another hack suggestion, Mysterious Thief, i think looks, like a great game- love the color selection and graphics all around--- but as we know its pretty unplayable (or is it just me?) I think if the control could be fixed or collision detection, it could be good.  

The reason i mention is because these are such small memory games i thought it wouldnt be impossible to fix them, i mean others have been fixed for sure...- thx for listening

I totally agree!

If you do not get lucky and catch the items in an easy order, you will never get to the roof for the helicopter ride. I've only done it a few times out of the many times I have played it.

I think it starts off too hard to begin with, is the problem......

9 hours ago, chewy said:

theres a helicopter ride?  and a roof? ?

http://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/mysteriousthief/mysteriousthief.htm

after collecting several of the items throught the different windows..... a helicopter shows up in the sky and you make your way to the roof and jump in the copter.....

Misterious Thief, A (1983) (CCE).png

Misterious Thief, A (1983) (CCE)_1.png

Misterious Thief, A (1983) (CCE)_2.png

Misterious Thief, A (1983) (CCE)_3.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, I am verry happy to see this topic.

Now I know that someone else experienced the same while playng the game. I still can't undrstad why they made it soo hard froms the first level?

I have spent like an hour of play just to get to level 2 and then I dye.

Hope someone makes a hack !!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GENZZA said:

Hi guys, I am verry happy to see this topic.

Now I know that someone else experienced the same while playng the game. I still can't undrstad why they made it soo hard froms the first level?

I have spent like an hour of play just to get to level 2 and then I dye.

Hope someone makes a hack !!!

I agree with you! This difficulty early in the game discourages us from wanting to play more!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I agree as well with all the above comments, but as with MOST games on the VCS there is a Pattern or Strategy

And this game is no exception, I managed to beat it a couple of days ago, it wasn't easy to do but VERY SATISFYING!!

• Like 1