IGNORED

Thrust+ Platinum Announced

Albert

This song was the most difficult I've done yet.  Hubbard makes full use of the three voices on the SID, so it was tough to cram it all into two.  I had to change a few notes to keep them in tune on the 2600, but for the most part it's pretty close.

Do you (or someone else) have an MP3 of the original C64 song?

..Al

Is it going to be the final Thrust+ release? Or will I get upset when a new 512K version is released in conjuction with Andrew containing texture mapped 3D graphics just after mine gets delivered ;)

TJ are you shipping some from Europe, or are they all going through AA?

Whats the $$damage?

Do you (or someone else) have an MP3 of the original C64 song?

:idea: Get SidAmp, a plugin for WinAmp.

And here here is the Thrust sid:

http://remix.kwed.org/sid.php/1798/Thrust%...ubtune%201).sid

Almost like playing MP3s... :)

There even exists a plugin called SidPlug that allows playing SIDs in your browser!

Is it going to be the final Thrust+ release? Or will I get upset when a new 512K version is released in conjuction with Andrew containing texture mapped 3D graphics just after mine gets delivered ;)

Hmm, while you are taking about it... ;)

TJ are you shipping some from Europe, or are they all going through AA?

Sorry, but I have no ability to produce Thrust in Europe, so everything will go through AA.

Whats the $$damage?

That should be the same as for the current version.

I highly do not recommend SidAmp nowadays because it is several years old and the emulation on many tunes is way out. Sidplay 2/w is the way to go and the de facto standard for the HVSC (High Voltage SID Collection) group...

yes, apart from the ship which is the illustration from the original C64 label- there are PLENTY of new full color paintings by yours truly inside the manual though:)....and even more in Star Fire - buy that too folks:)

Hi Dave!

yes, apart from the ship which is the illustration from the original C64 label- there are PLENTY of new full color paintings by yours truly inside the manual though:)....and even more in Star Fire - buy that too folks:)

I just thought that it'd be really cool if Al could offer the Gunfight and Star Fire manual pages JPEGed for download, just like the manual scans offered for the classic library. Maybe there's something he can do after AGE.

Would be cool if everybody had a chance to see this marvellous work of yours!

Greetings,

Manuel

Finally, here is preview of the front cover of the manual, the label will look similar  

Another great job from David Exton, isn't it? :)

Nice. A good looking update for mine. :D

BTW, I've been holding off on Thrust+ while waiting for this final version. :thumbsup:

post-1863-1058996118_thumb.jpg

Wow! You work quick Albert! I only finished that label last night, folks!

just thought that it'd be really cool if Al could offer the Gunfight and Star Fire manual pages JPEGed for download, just like the manual scans offered for the classic library. Maybe there's something he can do after AGE.  

Would be cool if everybody had a chance to see this marvellous work of yours!

Aw shucks! Hmmm..I have a better idea. Since we'd be compressing them to jpeg anyway - what about a proper Flash microsite for the games? I keep meaning to brush up on my Flash:)

Aw shucks!  Hmmm..I have a better idea. Since we'd be compressing them to jpeg anyway - what about a proper Flash microsite for the games? I keep meaning to brush up on my Flash:)

Flash? Why would you need Flash for that? :?

Don't get me wrong, but by far the most Flash sites I have visited so far totally sucked.

huh?  It works on Opera - that was the browser I used to test when I created it.  That said, it WAS the Mac version and it was a while ago:)

Hm, e.g. the gesture 'Back' (keep right button pressed and then press left button) always brings me back to the welcome page.

Though that's not surprising at all.

what? in the gallery? There's something VERY wrong with your browser there - this is a flash file operating under a standard flash plugin - it behaves the same whatever.

Good grief, if Opera does that, I think it's time to bin it.

Wait - the buttons you indicated - this is just left clicking on the buttons in the website, yeah? This isn't you pressing the left and right mouse buttons?

Wait - the buttons you indicated - this is just left clicking on the buttons in the website, yeah?  This isn't you pressing the left and right mouse buttons?

No, no I was talking about mouse gestures -> mouse buttons!

Don't worry too much! I know those gestures can't work in Flash, because Flash works completely different than a HTML page.

j/k :D