IGNORED

Next Gen Pricing

Nex Gen Pricing  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What is the right price? Playstation 5?

• $0 - $300
    • $300 - $600
    • $600 - $1000
    • $1000+
  2. 2. What is the right price? New XBOX Series X?

• $0 - $300
    • $300 - $600
    • $600 - $1000
    • $1000+

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Prices have not been announced for the next gen systems yet.  But just curious what does everyone think?  What would you be willing to pay?  Up to a certain price is ok?  Or skip it if it is too expensive?  Or depends on the system?  One might be worth more if its more powerful?

Edited by 0078265317

I'm not looking to buy MS ever, and Sony not this time either especially out of the gate after the huge let down and loss PS4 was to me.  They've strayed into a place with their IP I didn't care for and the rest the PC handled.  I'd rather save up and get another high ball gaming PC that can handle the ports in better ways when that time comes.  IF I did feel the need it would need to be under $300, much like how I did a weird deal to score the PS4 at $200 as I wasn't quite sold on it either and my instincts were right.

Not to mention Xbox is almost always on pc too (first party speaking) there's no reason to buy one.

$300 has always been my cutoff for console pricing, any more and it makes sense to just pay a bit more and get a mid range computer instead. I got my mk1 ps4 when the "slim" came out and the original dropped in price. Switch, despite me getting several, weren't over $250 for any of them. None of the other consoles I've bought over the years have cost more than $300, and depending on when I bought them, I've gotten some as low as $30 new.

Sony is going to have to do something about the absence of their first party ips next round, or forget it, and nintendo, since they've basically gone mobile will need to support bc with switch. I'm not looking at Microsoft at all due to Xbox ones "no internet" basically means "no games"

gosh, i'm just not sure.  some days i tell the Boss 'we should get an XBox Series X' and some days I'm like 'our XBox One S is perfectly fine'.

i think $400-$500 is about what I'd expect the next wave of consoles to cost- if it were much higher than 5, no way in heck we would.  Mrs. Digdug's gaming rig would just get replaced outright at that point, lol.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Agamon said:

PC doesn't get Sony or Nintendo exclusives, but it does get everything else when consoles do, if not before.

Exactly why I made my comment he questioned.  Sonys IP tuned me off this dying generation so I sold my PS4 off.  Nintendo is doing quite fine though finally with their Switch, so I'm good having that for what it gets by them and some other stuff too for the portability factor.  And then my PC it's over 5 years old one, but being an i7, 16GB of ram, and then an nvidia 980 with 8GB of ram on that too, I can run PS4/pro level stuff just fine at 1080p level quality so I'm not hurting.  If anything, given how fast Steam/GoG sales roll out that chip away hard at the retail price of the console versions, it makes it even more stupid to go that route too.  MS got smart and gave up caring stuffing the games on both as they'd rather get paid than hide it on their console from willing PC buyers.

• Like 1