IGNORED

ti99resources.wordpress.com

hloberg

• 6 months later...

July 12, 2022

Finally got around to adding some music. Music directory added under SOFTWARE/COMPILATIONS. About a couple dozen music disk. Also included is a directory of Harrison-Werth’s music.

At this point I can't think of any more software/documents I can add except for a few I have picked up since the 1st of the year I eventually get around to. The database is at about 11gb in size now. I can max to 15gb so still lots of space left. But, to hold to my concept for the database of; software must work, must have documentation and is not currently constantly updating, this is about it. SO, if you know of anything I might add that fills that bill just drop me a line.

HLO

Edited by hloberg
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...

November 22, 2022

Added to Documents/Hardware Geneve and Pcard documents.

Geneve has: myart, myword, multiplan, qde, various geneve manuals & pics, various MDOS manuals & apps, 9640gen E/A, forth+, fortran, TIC 9640, XB26 & AdvBASIC manuals.

Pcard has: manuals for Pcode card, Assembler, compiler, filer, freeform spreadsheet, Wordprocessor, TIPilot and books on programming Pascal.

• Like 1

decided to add:

separate sections for pcard, geneve and probably Myarc ExBASIC II. also going to go against my site mantra and finally add a section of games that don't have any know documentation. I'm off a lot this coming weeks (schools out) so I'm shooting for finishing by EOY.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mizapf said:

Maybe you could also add a link to Ninermame as the source of TI-related MAME information. It will eventually take over the MAME part of Ninerpedia.

will do.

Done. ninermame is top of the EMULATION/MAME list and pulled the old dead links were you had some of it on your other sites.

Ninerpedia is in a separate OTHERSITES section with general TI99 info.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some interesting end of year statistics. the vast majority of the views came from US, about 900. Next was, Italy at 150 then France(?) at 140. Didn't even know the TI99 was big in France. Next few are Europe nations, Canada, Australia and Argentina (?), a country I didn't know the TI99 was sold in. Also a few from countries in east Asia such as Singapore. I guess these might been imports from Australia (?). 

Anyway, I'm now getting lots of referrals from Google. which is good. I guess it's starting to rank there. And oddly a few have come from Dogpile (?) which I didn't even know still existed. 

The most popular downloads look to be the games, of course.

This is the 3rd year of TI99RESOURCES, whoohoo. I had about 1600 total views year 1, year 2 about 1700 and this last year back down to 1600. Not bad for a site which cost me 0$ to maintain.

As of now I have about 11gb of software on the site. Max is 15gb free with GDrive but I really don't have much more I can add that I can think of so I'm good. 

Plans for next year is to add a Geneve section. Still working out the details on that.

And of course always checking what software or documentation I can add that will be helpful to the community.

• Like 3

Thank you very much for all your work and for making it all available in such a great and easy to download manner. 

I grabbed from the Google drive today for safe keeping as long as my drive works and as long as my data is corrupted  (hopefully never) !  (I buy new storage sometimes and try to backup but still do not have the money for a drive large enough for a total backup of all my stuff !)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TI99ER said:

Thank you very much for all your work and for making it all available in such a great and easy to download manner. 

I grabbed from the Google drive today for safe keeping as long as my drive works and as long as my data is corrupted  (hopefully never) !  (I buy new storage sometimes and try to backup but still do not have the money for a drive large enough for a total backup of all my stuff !)

you're very welcome. glad to be of service. And welcome to the TI99 community. Bunch of really nice folk willing to help.

by the way, if you have any TI99 related software/manuals not on https://ti99resources.wordpress.com/

drop it here and i'll see if I can put on the site.

restrictions are; all software must have a good scanned manual and the software must work and not be offensive in some form or fashion.

I'll have to look at my original set of Amnion disks to see if I have any that weren't otherwise archived. My set wasn't complete when Guy Stefan-Romano passed away, but the majority of the disk series I did have were fully up-to-date with his most recent additions. I'm also probably the last person on Earth to have ordered disks from him, as he passed away shortly after receiving my final order. His life partner actually finished preparing those disks and sent them to me after Guy's passing. One other note on Amnion Software: they also sold a word processing program and a data base manager. I purchased both of them BITD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ksarul said:

I'll have to look at my original set of Amnion disks to see if I have any that weren't otherwise archived. My set wasn't complete when Guy Stefan-Romano passed away, but the majority of the disk series I did have were fully up-to-date with his most recent additions. I'm also probably the last person on Earth to have ordered disks from him, as he passed away shortly after receiving my final order. His life partner actually finished preparing those disks and sent them to may after Guy's passing. One other note on Amnion Software: they also sold a word processing program and a data base manager. I purchased both of them BITD.

thanks. whatever you want to send will be appreciated.

Added to the FAQ section some links to my TI99 projects off my Project Blog on Atariage . Also added 9640news.com and made some esthetic changes to the text.

From My Atariage Project Blog

How to setup CFHDX for NanoPEB

How to Print using a NanoPEB, VT100 & an CFHDX and crossover cable

Getting a Volume list from CF7/NanoPEB in XB

12$ upscaler for TI-99/4a and any other composite computer

six color fonts using XB256 in TI99 XB

Kull Extended BASIC II TI-99 XB extensions

• Like 2

Woohoo, 2022 EOY statistics has unique visitors just beating out 2021 by 5 visitors; 2022-722 vs. 2021 718.

2023 plans:

Adding sections for Geneve and P-card.

Adding 'Games without documents' section.

Adding a TI99 Blog section.

Plus more...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

January 5,2023

Added more music to MUSIC folder; MusicDemo 1 & 2, Singing Demo, Space Shuttle-Star Wars theme & C-series music. From @bkjrug of Atariage. And added four Sam Moore disk to MUSIC from @farmerpotato of Atariage. Also moved MUSIC to it’s own section under Software.

Plus added an IUG MUSIC section in MUSIC that contains BASIC & XB music from the IUG.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

updated the Geneve MAME file under Emulation.

Some updates have been added to the file:

The latest version of ABASIC & manual been updated to 4.09c. The latest version now supports multi-colored sprites.

the Infocom games have a better startup batch file.

many more games been added. There are now 100+ games on the Geneve HDs files.

Note: Now using MAME instead of MESSUI. MAME is more stable. Set the menu key to F11 from Scroll Lock which some modern keyboard no longer support.

go here to get the file:

https://ti99resources.wordpress.com/emulation/

• Like 5

a minor 'oops' in the Geneve MAME file I just released. in the XBGAMES help batch file it says to RUN "HDS2.M" in XB to get the menu for running the XB games. unfortunately the M file on HDS2 seems to have been erased somewhere in the past. No prob, just copy F:\XBGAMES.OLDMENU to F:\M  to recreate the file. 

I'm making some other changes and updates to the file as well as adding more  games so somewhere in the next few months I release a full update with this fix too.

one BIG current update I forgot to mention is that all the GPL games, XB and such now start at SPEED 1 which is closer to the real TI99 speed for the games and XB. This prevents you from needing to manually adjust the speed from the old default of 5xTI99 to 1 after loading the game to make them playable. thanks to @InsaneMultitasker for making the change to adding a runtime speed switch to MYGPL making this possible. 

• Like 2