IGNORED

Lynx 2020 Programming Competition

Igor

Welcome to the Lynx 2020 Programming Competition!

Atari Gamer and RetroHQ are putting on another competition this year with the theme of "Future", retro future that is!
It's being run via itch.io this time around, the official competition page can be found here.

The itch.io page can be found here and that's where you can register and submit your games.

88977850_1403681126480670_8658420903551434752_n.thumb.png.871a5830889f3f80fe62078bc8e7be3e.png

Of course there are prizes again and it will run for a longer period vs last year.

Lets get coding!

Edited by Igor
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

I'm also thinking of what I could do.

As said on Twitter, in 1990, the future was Cyberpunk (dark, mega corporation, hacking...).

But also, in 2040, I will be retired, so I guess a game where you have nothing to do on a paradisiac island is a good projection of what I was thinking of 2040 30 years ago (seems like I don't changed my mind) :D 

• Like 1

Nop90 I'm sure you of all people will come up with a cool idea!

I like the sound of that Fadest!

Side note - I've been very quiet on the forums lately getting this competition organised and working on website changes. I've still got more changes to the site planned, but I'll try to check in more often now that the competition has been announced.

Nice idea with a competition for the isolation times.

Once I finish my Lynx Pad with the external Launchpad I could try to create a scaled down version that could be operated with the buttons available on the Lynx itself.

This will probably be last again in the competition. Hmm. Perhaps I add a twist here and donate a boxed cart version of LynxPad to anyone who creates a dance video with the Lynx Pad and some dancer and posts it to a game thread I set up on Atari Age.

• Like 1

Awesome idea Karri! Judging this year is completely up to the public, I wasn't happy with how judging was done last year so changing it a bit. I also hope that some of the incomplete games will get finished and resubmitted too.

Nop90 - won't expect any less than 2 games from you! ?

I've got a couple of exciting sponsors coming on board too, will have an announcement once confirmed ?

• Like 1

Nice initiative... again ;)

But... What? The deadline is a real deadline!!! Ohhh... but how am I going to submit anything if I can't be late this time? This is a french tradition :D

More seriously, I have way to many things on my plate but I like the theme very much, we'll see then :)

As for the voting system, I guess you're going to use the one from itch.io which should be fairly resistant against cheaters, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Nop90 said:

The only thing I don't like of the itch.io platform for hosting the competition is that it's not posible to see who joined.

7 registered people rught now.

I guess we already know 3 of them : you, LordKraken, me

It would be great if, like previous year contest and SV2k19 contest, it brings new dev to the community.

Hehe yeah I hope the voting system will not be tricked on itch.io. Also it is possible to show who has joined but I've disabled that option. I think this way it will be more competitive, when you don't know who you are against.

And yes, no French traditions this time around ?

45 minutes ago, marss said:

Yesterday, i registered 'oceo' but it returned an error.

The account is there, perhaps it was a timeout on the page after the accont creation. Try to login. If you can't (or can't recover the pwd) you can ask support at the "contact us" section.

I think that will be up to the developer and AtariAge to work out. The physical release will probably be different to the competition version anyway. The versions published on Atari Gamer and via Mark/Space will be the final submitted competition ROMs.

Retroguru title is going very fast. Soon the game title will be revealed. OCEO project is defined but we need to organize the work.

My personal project turned out to be very ambitious. There are chances I won't be able to finish it. In case I'll save it for another competition.

• Thanks 1