IGNORED

Pong Quest - new version

Even more aprils fools - Sandbox 3D voxel game engine?

Prepare to see voxel versions of Atari hits such as Asteroids®, Centipede®, Pong®, and RollerCoaster Tycoon® when the 3D voxel world of The Sandbox launches this year.

Created by Animoca Brands and its subsidiary TSB Gaming Ltd, the blockchain-based gaming metaverse of The Sandbox will also be home to the first Atari theme park — Atari LAND! This virtual creation will feature Atari-themed attractions, creations, and immersive social gaming experiences.

later

Game is out now on steam:

In 1972, an unassuming white paddle stole the hearts of kids the world over in the classic game of PONG®. Today the paddle is ready to spread its wings in PONG Quest™, a charmingly fun RPG adventure game!

Set out on an epic journey and navigate your way through a fantasy world filled with dungeons inspired by classic Atari® hits. Deck out your hero Pong paddle with fresh gear and choose a load out for battle. Prepare to take on the sinister AI paddles you encounter or jump into multiplayer matches and claim all the spoils for yourself. Save 20% through our special Launch Week discount - good till 4/28.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1177030/PONG_Quest/

later

Edited by negative1

• 3 weeks later...

I went ahead and bought it on Switch. It's actually a pretty decent game. It literally is as expected... It's like an updated version of Pong. There are lots of different balls that you can unlock that have different effects. If you like Pong, you will be happily surprised by this game. If you are not a big Pong fan, this is your worst nightmare.

With that being said, I have experienced some odd control issues at times and the online play seems almost totally dead, which is a shame because this game is a blast when playing multiplayer.

For the $12 they are asking, I'm satisfied.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2020 at 3:40 AM, bmadgames said:

I went ahead and bought it on Switch. It's actually a pretty decent game. It literally is as expected... It's like an updated version of Pong. There are lots of different balls that you can unlock that have different effects. If you like Pong, you will be happily surprised by this game. If you are not a big Pong fan, this is your worst nightmare.

With that being said, I have experienced some odd control issues at times and the online play seems almost totally dead, which is a shame because this game is a blast when playing multiplayer.

For the $12 they are asking, I'm satisfied.

Agreed.  It's not bad.  The developer appears to have put a lot of thought into it.   I've only played once though, then continued my PES 2020 quest to win the Premiere League.  but when that is done, I'll probably be back. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 6:56 PM, negative1 said:

Playing it on the PC. Don't know if it will come down in price for awhile.

It's still newish.

later

What's funny is that they released Pong Quest for $12 and their updated Missile Command for $3.

I'm mildly curious about Pong Quest, but not for $12... and I can't believe that a $3 Missile Command would be any good, given the insane prices "Atari" charges for the other stuff they publish.

3 hours ago, DavidD said:

What's funny is that they released Pong Quest for $12 and their updated Missile Command for $3.

I'm mildly curious about Pong Quest, but not for $12... and I can't believe that a $3 Missile Command would be any good, given the insane prices "Atari" charges for the other stuff they publish.

I can't remember, but I think it might have been a free cellphone game. (or really cheap),

There's barely any content, and it only lasts about an hour to two to finish. Its very slick,

and challenging when you are completely powered up. You can always replay for highscores.

Pong quest could last weeks or months, with all the content.

And even then its cheap.

later

Edited by negative1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...