IGNORED

New Supercharger compatibles

Zach

To the newbies: If you aren't familiar with the Supercharger, please check out the AtariAge description of Starpath. Not only does the Supercharger play Starpath games, it can also play a large number of the 2K and 4K games.

So does anyone want to see more of these, or did you all modify your Superchargers? :ponder:

• 1 month later...
Any requests?

(I should alert you that some games are much easier to fix than others.)

allright.. I'm a touch confused now.. what besides the size of the game makes them unplayable on a unmodified supercharger?

what do you do? clean up the code a touch so they're a little smaller and fit within the operating parameters of the unit?

allright.. I'm a touch confused now.. what besides the size of the game makes them unplayable on a unmodified supercharger?

what do you do? clean up the code a touch so they're a little smaller and fit within the operating parameters of the unit?

Some games use the same addresses that the SC uses for it's internal bankswitching and crash because of it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, that's not a bad description. What I basically do is move the data at the address that the SC uses for bankswitching. This was easy for Confrontation, but a lot more work for Muncher (Pac-Man hack) because the 4K of code was very tight. I searched the code for places where equivalent calculations could be done in less bytes, thus making it a little smaller as you say. Once I freed up enough room to move that data, the addresses of everything changed, so the graphics and colors were off until I made adjustments to compensate.

I hope that answers your question.

-Zach

Archived