IGNORED

The ""Official"" Switch Wishlist Thread

Magmavision2000

You can use this thread to talk about games you'd want to see on the Switch.

My wishlist is:

Warioware Switch

Rhythm Heaven Switch

Physical releases of Arcade Archive games.

You may laugh at me in 15 years when none of these get made.

1 hour ago, Punisher5.0 said:

Fallout New Vegas!

im gonna take this one a step further since compilations are all the rage- Fallout 3 / Fallout: New Vegas combo pack.  :)

even though it's been released a billion different times, i still wanna see Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross, FF4, FF6, and FF: Tactics (PS1) released on the Switch.

• Like 2

Super Metroid without having to pay the online subscription fee.

Fatal Frame/(Project) Zero Wii U port and a sequel. No more need for the Wii U at that point!

Rondo of Blood

Sonic 3 & Knuckles

Sonic CD (Japanese version)

After Shin Megami Tensei V is released, Shin Megami Tensei VI.

Sega Ages Super Scaler Collection

A collection of good PC Engine games, including all SuperGrafx games. Madou King Granzort is licensed, though, so that might be difficult.

Sega Ages Golden Axe + Revenge of Death Adder

And you know what I forgot to mention? A sequel to Octopath Traveler with the same guy doing the music. Not the mobile game, but a real sequel.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Like 2

Would love retro smb games physical on switch.

How about the console itself? Love switch, but it's fragile, and the switch lite is imo much better, but removed tv connectivity. I'd like a future revision with a tv out. It wouldn't even need a cradle, just a plug in thing, or maybe just a straight HDMI out port.

• Like 1

I'd like some of that disgusting data mining rumor mill stuff to stop, but they have possibly tipped off a few things I'd pay for directly out of Nintendo.  Metroid Prime Trilogy to fill the gap until 4, and then basically what would be essentially Super Mario All-stars 2 (Mario Galaxy1+2, Sunshine, Mario 3D World from WiiU) all bundled into a package.  That and the really shaky ones about a possible F-Zero comeback and Star Fox Zero having non-broken garbage touch control/twist mechanics for what should be flight controls and buttons to play too.  It's a known, a soon one, but that Trials of Mana I'd grab.  Also like to see more ACA's of their arcade back library to pop up.

• Like 2

I believe the Mario rumor generally places Super Mario 3D World DX as a standalone product. The possible Super Mario All-Stars 2 release is said to be Super Mario 64 (Hopefully remade in the Odyssey engine), Sunshine, and the two Galaxy games.

Either way, I'd love to see an expanded Super Mario 3D World port with a bunch of new levels and a higher rendering resolution. And while almost perfect from a technical perspective, there's one level on the Wii U with a large open field with some very noticeable pop-in of bushes and enemies. Hopefully the added power of the Switch will allow them to eradicate that minor blemish that only stood out since everything else was so polished. 

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

That's the one, not sure why I wrote 3D World, that's a WiiU game so they'd be all in for finally making proper money on it due to that disaster.

Another thing just to consider, and why it makes this more likely, China.  They got their own Nvidia branded version of the Switch and due to that CCP crushed countries strange party rules and limitations they love to drop, Nintendo kind of got stuck porting quite a few older games to the system, in particular Gamecube/Wii era stuff.  So basically things like Zelda Wind Waker, Galaxy, and I think Sunshine already have been done and running there for over a year or two now.  So the code is done it would be more a matter of just being in english etc instead of Chinese along with a few other tweaks.

44 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That's the one, not sure why I wrote 3D World, that's a WiiU game so they'd be all in for finally making proper money on it due to that disaster.

Another thing just to consider, and why it makes this more likely, China.  They got their own Nvidia branded version of the Switch and due to that CCP crushed countries strange party rules and limitations they love to drop, Nintendo kind of got stuck porting quite a few older games to the system, in particular Gamecube/Wii era stuff.  So basically things like Zelda Wind Waker, Galaxy, and I think Sunshine already have been done and running there for over a year or two now.  So the code is done it would be more a matter of just being in english etc instead of Chinese along with a few other tweaks.

Are these actual ports or GameCube/Wii emulations? Pretty sure the switch is capable of emulating GC/Wii era stuff. I know Dolphin isn't perfect and requires a few tweaks depending on the game, but an in-house emulator would squash all that.

And yeah, Odyssey IS the spiritual sequel to M64 fans waited for over two decades to get. 3D World was fun, but like 3D Land it plays like a glorified obstacle course. The NSMB style "grid" system feels cheap in a 3D game.

I am down for an "All Stars 3D" with M64 (Odyssey engine), Sunshine, and Galaxy 1+2. I would probably retire my Wii/U entirely if they reissue the Galaxy games. Well, I might revisit Super Paper Mario, Kirby Return to Dreamland, and Yoshi Epic Yarn. Those were pretty fun.

I got the Galaxy waggle controls mentally worked out with the Pro controller, without the need for a sensor bar. The gyro in the pro controller could easily control the starbit cursor in Galaxy, with an occasional tweaks. L trigger crouch / ground pound, R trigger shoot star bits, Y/B/A Attack/Jump/Spin. Tapping X centers the starbit cursor. Holding X swaps the camera to gyro control and the cursor to R-stick. It also enables the usage of starbit cursor on controllers that lack the gyro sensor entirely. Waggle for spin can be enabled/disable via context menu, and dual joycon can simulate the classic Wii style control scheme.

• Like 1

As far as I can remember they were ported.  Nintendo converted the code and assets as needed to an android code base.  Smart thieves figured out how to find the APK files online leaked out of China and got them working on the Nintendo base system, the Nvidia Shield Tablet/console devices.  I was tempted at one rate to find one myself but never did despite owning that tablet so I kept an eye on it for awhile.

See my mind was there on the Wii too despite getting it back in the last quarter.  But see I do have that Kirby game in dreamland and it's awesome, and I've got Muramasa, PunchOut and a couple others I'd hate missing out on.  I'm not actively buying/collecting Wii but locally if something nice pops up, or an online trade, I'm in and it works.  I just showed my daughter in the last few days Mario Galaxy and she has been going at it at a slow but decent pace as it's her first 3D adventure platforming game.

I've retought the Galaxy control too.  I had not thought that deeply about star bits other than using a finger on the pad, but yeah, if you did want to do it docked that would be the one logical way to do it, even if you dock and use the original joycons in the rack it would so it's an out of box solution.  Every other function already would work off a button like the spin that's most commonly used.  There would be no Wii hurdle with Galaxy1+2, the other two would work stock just nicely.  I question they re-doing Mario64 vs emulating it, because a re-do would make htem feel justified to charge $60 for it like the Zelda titles were.  I know it's not popular, but just porting it and tweaking an asset or two due to the lack of C buttons would be best.

I believe Digital Foundry said it was emulation on the Nvidia Shield when they covered these and ran some tests a few years ago, with some modification to the underlying game code to adapt to the specifics of the Shield.

Either way, I feel that it doesn't matter from the gamer's perspective. All one has to do is look at videos on YouTube of Dolphin emulating Super Mario Sunshine and the two Galaxy games. The result is quite beautiful when they're rendered in HD via emulation, so we'll win either way if it actually comes to fruition. 

A full fledged HD remaster of the GCN/Wii releases with upgraded textures and such would be best, but this is no Twilight Princess situation where a lot of touch-ups were necessary to get it looking great in the clarity of high-definition. 

Edited by Atariboy

Ultimately yes, that probably was what I saw and yes as well to Dolphin. Between owning Wii's I did buy some years back a USB based sensor bar and had a wiimote+chuk I found at a goodwill lying around and ended up playing some Galaxy and a couple others in this computer, the results were stunning.  The boost is exactly what I say when it comes up about UltraHDMI on my Cube for those games, all those amazing lost and hidden details SD fouls up.

Given the horrid level of bullshit nvidia forces on the users sucking up the Shield resources (along with android, stunningly near half) it could pull those games off quite nicely.  Now imagine Nintendo with their lean OS eating up like 350K of the same resource pool having no baggage in the background, they'd be perfect and for the end user, nothing short of amazing.  As you said, a remaster would be best, but it would also end up making them charge by the game as they did with others as their own acts show.  If they just ran it with minimal fixes for Nintendo tech spec alignment to the Switch, you could get that 'allstars 2' moment here which really would be best.

Since update 10.0 0. was kind of a "let down", I hope Nintendo adds the ability to allow players to "stream" what their playing to friends in a later update. Or maybe add an N64 app with some 64DD games.

Edited by Magmavision2000

I don't imagine they'll do that as it would add a lot of overhead cutting into game performance.  Maybe allow it as a choice for games on the less asset hungry side?  The firmware on it is basic and left as such because it's tiny and the system is setup to use like 99% of the hardware to drive the game, not firmware baggage processes.  I read that the firmware itself (at least pre-10) was around 360kilobytes, so it's tiny.  I'm not sure they'd want to add bloat which is likely why they persist in ignoring people for custom themes and the rest outside of more cute icons for the account.

A sonic collection like mega and gems would be nice, they could use the two sega ages ports of Sonic 1&2, the 2011 version of Sonic CD, maybe something like Sonic 3 Complete, that PSN version of Sonic the Fighters, of course, you'd need the Game Gear Sonic games, those arcade exclusive games would be cool, and maybe for some bonus games, those Sonic 2 prototypes and that Sonic 3 prototype would be great unlockables. And it would be cool if it was a physical release.

It won't happen, but one can dream.