IGNORED

Champ Sports Baseball (Atari 2600)

johnnywc

20 hours ago, intergalactic419 said:

I have a spreadsheet color coded I can send over. A page for each team, each team having columns listed by position and appropriate candidates.  Cells color coded if a candidate ranks in the top 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40 all-time of their respective position. I kept players limited to one team. I really focused on the the oldest teams and the Mariners and Jays since you had them as popular requests. Also some position adjustments (I.E. Tigers Cabrera has played more games at 1st then 3rd, but the game is more fun to put him at 3rd so Hank Greenberg can play 1st).

Wow, that sounds pretty detailed! :thumbsup:  

Come on now, do your Red Sox really need Babe Ruth? haha. They already have a potential rotation of Pedro, Clemens, Smokey Joe Wood, and possibly Cy Young (he should go to the Indians). Actually I think it would be fun to have Ruth represented as a pitcher with Red Sox and hitter with Yankees, and each team should have one fun throw in.

Lol we probably don't need Ruth as a pitcher but I do agree that having one fun player added to each team would be cool.

Happy to work on attributes if you decide on the final players and what attributes you want.

Great thanks!  I need to figure out a balance between sim and arcade so it's not too overwhelming for casual players, so I don't expect things to be as fine-grained as EWB did it (they had a lot of attributes and even different hitting stats for vs R and vs L, etc.).  I'll send you a PM and we can start working out some of the details.  :thumbsup:  

• 3 years later...
31 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

But we do plan on resuming work on Champ Sports Baseball in 2024.

Yes!..Yes!...Yes!

32 minutes ago, Nathan Strum said:

(And unlike some teams... our development efforts won't be sabotaged by stupid media deals.)

At least your team is reducing payroll. The Yankees aren't willing to do that. Their delusional thinking tells them to continue to increase payroll and all will be well.☹️

On 4/10/2020 at 6:55 AM, johnnywc said:

Nathan (Strum) and I are still working out the outfield dimensions; we're debating whether to expand the outfield so there is more opportunities for doubles and triples, but not so much that it fields like you're in a sea of green tracking down fly balls. :)  We do plan on having different dimensions and wall heights/colors to simulate different stadiums, and maybe even a "stadium editor".  Being a Red Sox fan, I'm sure we'll find a way to include Fenway and the Green Monster. ;) 

Please find a way to include the iconic Yankee Studium Frieze

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, vintage35 said:

Glad to hear this is still in progress...

Well, baseball, cricket and synchronized swimming are about the only sports I found totally boring. :D 

And I watch a lot of different sports!

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch
  • Haha 1