IGNORED

RINGS

DrTypo

On 4/14/2020 at 11:20 AM, Rick Dangerous said:

Cool.  I feel like the best DrTypo games are well deserving of a cart release.  

I've got 3 of his on carts. I'd totally want this on a cart. If not and there's a CD you may be the one to make the CD case insert for it ;) I've seen your other CD inserts and they have really helped me make my shelf look great!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's a playthrough of the entire game. The levels are gorgeous with Canyon being my current favorite. The red is beautiful:lust: The others are remarkable as well though and Water was a close second.
Really like the enemies (towers?) on the ground. Shooting them is a lot easier as they don't zip around or go higher than your crosshairs are able.

Video breakdown:

Level 1/2 transition screen starts at 2:27
2/3 starts at 4:49
3/4 @ 7:11
4/5 @ 8:40
5/6 @ 11:03
6/7 @ 13:24
End screen @ 15:47

Is there a way to increase the volume on the yellow sphere pick up sound? Sometimes I can't tell if I picked it up as the (awesome) soundtrack muffles it. This then leads me to think the hit detection is off, assuming I missed the sphere, but looked dead on it on screen.

Either way, EXCELLENT game and another go-to for some quick play joining the ranks of TubeSE, Rebooteroids, Fallen Angel, Breakout 2000 and a few others..:thumbsup:

Original darker version and stats here

Level 1/2 transition screen starts at 2:35
2/3 starts at 4:56
3/4 @ 7:18
4/5 @ 8:50
5/6 @ 11:12
6/7 @ 13:33
End screen @ 15:54

Edited by Saturn
Played through again and upped a brighter version
  • Like 4

Having finally played it it does seem as if the shields regenerate themselves automatically even without having collected the yellow orbs, is that correct? Also I didn't see a reduction in the laser where it overheats that's actually what I thought the right bar was until I read the instructions and realized that was your distance to the ground. So you could just mash the laser button the whole time then right?

All in all this is awesome man! Now if this doesn't get a CD release then need Travis Touchdown/Rick Dangerous to make a CD insert for this one if he can.

26 minutes ago, DrTypo said:

@UHATEIT The shields regenerate between levels. They don't regenerate while you play a level unless you collect a yellow orb.

The laser doesn't overheat, you can mash the button the whole time. Now you're giving me ideas... ?

It was odd watching Saturn's video on YouTube as it seems the shield goes down very minimally during gameplay but then seems to regenerate without collecting an orb. 

While there isn't a bar for the laser (which I thought was the right bar) maybe one on the bottom so it times out or overheats otherwise just bash the laser like a mofo!

But again I tell you your homebrews are my favorite. Tube SE is the shiz and it's great. I wonder tho if there's a way to ad some more to Gem Race as well since it just goes and goes without an end and then if you run the meter down it never actually kills you when you get to 0. 

Sorry for the off topic but I do love your stuff!

1 hour ago, UHATEIT said:

It was odd watching Saturn's video on YouTube as it seems the shield goes down very minimally during gameplay but then seems to regenerate without collecting an orb.

Yes indeed. That's an unexpected behaviour! Is Saturn cheating????

24 minutes ago, DrTypo said:

Yes indeed. That's an unexpected behaviour! Is Saturn cheating????

I follow Saturn's Sega CD hacks page and have used a hex editor to hack in infinite lives/invincibility codes. I imagine he found a way to hack in some sort of life replenish or invincibility as the meter barely moves haha. 

Nothing against Saturn, I wish I knew how to find those things! I can hack them in only if someone tells me where they are. I need that hack for Microcosm.