IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 8 - Mouse Trap

38 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

Ugh... You're going to make me play this again, aren't you? Grrrrr..... 

?

Haha, sorry! I felt strangely compelled to give it another go, but I wish I hadn't!

It could have been a very good game if it had been developed better. As it is, the controls, sound and graphics are just awful! ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gezkc said:

It could have been a very good game if it had been developed better. As it is, the controls, sound and graphics are just awful! ?

Sure, but other than the controls, sounds, graphics, and completely nonsensical and random movements of the cats, there's a lot to like! 

• Haha 5

19 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Oh, this game.  The music gets stuck in your brain like a noisy tumor.  I got used to the controls after a while, but at higher levels everything moves so fast that the system can't keep up.  It actually slows down.  I have a video laying around somewhere.

This is in a pretty high level on easy mode (no hawk).  The cats are bonkers.

• Haha 1

Ok first of all, if no one has mentioned it yet, you can press and hold "clear" and it will mute the music, but not the sounds effects.  You're welcome ?

Next, I practiced for a bit on EASY mode today (DON'T COUNT THIS SCORE) and thought I'd share.  It's certainly much easier without that hawk!

IMG_20200416_233827.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JasonlikesINTV said:

Ok first of all, if no one has mentioned it yet, you can press and hold "clear" and it will mute the music, but not the sounds effects.  You're welcome ?

Next, I practiced for a bit on EASY mode today (DON'T COUNT THIS SCORE) and thought I'd share.  It's certainly much easier without that hawk!

IMG_20200416_233827.jpg

I press Clear and it only seems to mute the music until I get killed, then it starts up again. ?

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, cmadruga said:

Ouch, that hurt... I don't want to play this anymore.

It's like the prisoner's dilemma. Just let me win and we will all be better off.

IMG_1779.thumb.jpg.e9b92f57ffe65c96a3f3983d7f9a8e1c.jpg

I would like to personally thank you for posting another score over 200k, that means I definitely don't need to play again because, even if I could survive, there's no way I could tolerate playing the game that long! 

?

• Haha 1

Whew, came darned close to playing another game of this just now, but came to my senses in time.  I think that makes it my favorite game of Mouse Trap yet... The one I didn't play! ?

It is fascinating from a psychological standpoint as my innate competitiveness battles my desire to not play. Which side will win? Exciting! 

Hopefully the next game will drop soon before I give in to temptation... 

• Haha 5