IGNORED

Uncharted collection + Journey will be free for a time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I grabbed this deal as well. I've already played all the games as was mentioned in the what are you playing currently thread. But it is quite cool to go back and easily play the first 3 games again. I'm about 2/3 through the second game now and so far, that has been the one to have the most bugs I've encountered for a remaster. The main issue is clipping issues causing my character to get stuck and force me to restart the checkpoint, or in some rare instances of being helpful, enemies clipping through walls or platform when they happen to fall off them and going through the map to never be seen again. The other issues I've ran into with the second games remaster is how tough it can be to just position yourself right to pick up the one weapon or set of ammo you need when there is a bunch of it laying around after a firefight. Sometimes I say screw it and just leave it or end up giving in to a lesser weapon from what I have because I'm low on the current one and I know the lesser weapon has more in it. That last part would be normal strategy for the game play, but when you have ammo or guns laying around next to each other and you like what you have and you can see there is ammo or a matching weapon on the ground, it is frustrating to not be able to get the game to lock in on it so I can just pick it up to add to my ammo count. 

I also don't remember the game going into crazy mode with a flood of enemies if you go backwards in the level instead of constantly forward? I did this last night in one area where you are pinned by a bunch of snipers. Well, I had left my sniper rifle behind as I didn't think I needed it any longer. But knowing it was left there, I back tracked about 5min into the level to go retrieve it. When I did and saw that both it and all the other weapons from that firefight were still on the ground I was thinking I was in good shape. Soon as I picked up that sniper rifle, the game released about a dozen enemies that just seemed to keep coming and coming. It was like it knew I had gone back to get something to greatly increase my odds, and it was NOT okay with that and made sure to punish me. Yes I was killed because I ran out of ammo fast and there were too many for me to take out. Next play through I just went ahead and went forward with what I had and then found out later that the game will bring you to a place where there are actually quite a few sniper rifles available to be used. So..yeah..I don't remember it doing that before when I played the game originally on the PS3? Wonder what other changes they did in these remasters?

No problem, everyone.

16 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I grabbed this deal as well. I've already played all the games as was mentioned in the what are you playing currently thread. But it is quite cool to go back and easily play the first 3 games again. I'm about 2/3 through the second game now and so far, that has been the one to have the most bugs I've encountered for a remaster. The main issue is clipping issues causing my character to get stuck and force me to restart the checkpoint, or in some rare instances of being helpful, enemies clipping through walls or platform when they happen to fall off them and going through the map to never be seen again. The other issues I've ran into with the second games remaster is how tough it can be to just position yourself right to pick up the one weapon or set of ammo you need when there is a bunch of it laying around after a firefight. Sometimes I say screw it and just leave it or end up giving in to a lesser weapon from what I have because I'm low on the current one and I know the lesser weapon has more in it. That last part would be normal strategy for the game play, but when you have ammo or guns laying around next to each other and you like what you have and you can see there is ammo or a matching weapon on the ground, it is frustrating to not be able to get the game to lock in on it so I can just pick it up to add to my ammo count. 

I also don't remember the game going into crazy mode with a flood of enemies if you go backwards in the level instead of constantly forward? I did this last night in one area where you are pinned by a bunch of snipers. Well, I had left my sniper rifle behind as I didn't think I needed it any longer. But knowing it was left there, I back tracked about 5min into the level to go retrieve it. When I did and saw that both it and all the other weapons from that firefight were still on the ground I was thinking I was in good shape. Soon as I picked up that sniper rifle, the game released about a dozen enemies that just seemed to keep coming and coming. It was like it knew I had gone back to get something to greatly increase my odds, and it was NOT okay with that and made sure to punish me. Yes I was killed because I ran out of ammo fast and there were too many for me to take out. Next play through I just went ahead and went forward with what I had and then found out later that the game will bring you to a place where there are actually quite a few sniper rifles available to be used. So..yeah..I don't remember it doing that before when I played the game originally on the PS3? Wonder what other changes they did in these remasters?

I just read an article about it, and it seems that they rebalanced the games. It didn't go into much detail, though. I do remember that they mentioned that they changed the way throwing grenades works. I've only ever played each game once each except for 2 and Golden Abyss, and this was my first time playing these games in like 10 years or more. I've not played much, just the first parts of the first game. I've been dying from lots of weird stuff that I shouldn't be dying from, like Nate just falling to his doom instead of grabbing ladders which he refused to grab when I pressed the circle button. I had to just walk towards them, which resulted in falling to my death like 6 times.

Other times I've been killed by weird camera perspectives in some sections where you can't move the camera (like immediately after you run away from the dudes who capture you after you exit the U-boot), which also caused me to fall to my death. I don't remember having these frustrations in 2008~2009 when I played this game for the first time, but maybe I just forgot.

Well...I'm more than a bit pissed at this point. I had Uncharted 3 crash out on me twice tonight but I was still able to start back to just before the crashing and it would continue on until the next one. Well..just as I got to the Lost City and climbed up the ladder to pull that first lever it crashed again for the 3rd time. Only this time... it corrupted all of...ALL of my save files and the game will only let me start over from the beginning. That ain't going to happen and usually I would be much more upset by this. But as the games were free, I guess I can't complain. Still I had hours invested in that game tonight for this to happen. The uncharted collection and one other game Song of the Deep are the only two games I've had consistent issues with crashing. Song of the Deep would do it on every other cutscene it seemed like but only during cutscenes where as Uncharted Collection has been kinda a mess from the second game on.

**UPDATE**

The next night after posting this, I started the game over. The ONLY thing I did differently this time was that I was manually saving at the start of each new chapter and after long/tricky firefights. I did this swapping between 2 different saves just in case. Well, for some reason doing these saves corrected something because the game didn't crash out one time during the next two nights I played through Uncharted 3? So.. the lesson is to save often. It is almost like the game was punishing me for not doing this already? I'm so used to the auto saves that take places these days that I often don't think to save my games manually much since I just take it on faith that the game's auto save will do the job correctly. 

2 was always the best one. Except for when it didn't exist, of course. After that is probably Lost Legacy and then either Golden Abyss or 4.

I've been playing on crushing difficulty, which is interesting. At least, I was before I got distracted by new games. Apparently you deal 1/2 damage, take 2x damage, and have 1/2 the health of what you have in normal. Yes, 2x damage taken AND 50% health simultaneously, so you die in like 3 or 4 hits. It's honestly a bit frustrating at times. Apparently brutal makes you take 4x damage while still having 50% health, doing 50% damage, and you get way less ammo. Not sure if that would even be fun to play, but you have to beat the game first to unlock it. Maybe I'll try it eventually.

Edited by Steven Pendleton