IGNORED

Space Bar Types W!?! TRS-80 Model III

DistantStar001

So I think that the title says it all, but for the long version...

Ive been woking on my Model III for a few months now and finally got all the parts to make it complete, including the keyboard.  I desoldered all of the keys, disassembled them, painted all of the plungers with conductive nickel paint, and reassembled the board.  Everything seemed to be good.  All the keys worked perfectly, then about a day latter, every time I hit the space bar a W would appear on my screen.  So I took it apart again, went over all my solder joints.  Some aren't so great and two are floating (but they don't connect to any traces) since a few of the pads didn't hold up to the desoldering.  Still, everything seemed good.  I cleaned the traces with IPA to and checked for shorts. Everything seemed alright, so I put it back together again.  And once again the keyboard was perfect.  Then about a day later, it started to happen again, only this time the /? key is affected as well (typing W).  What am I missing?  And why does it take about a day for it to show up?