IGNORED

Season 17 Round 7 - Urban Champion

asponge

13 minutes ago, fakecortex said:

Nice! The cops are annoying. According to the instructions, if time runs out, the cops are supposed to take away the player who has been pushed back the furthest. I haven't run out of time tho. That's hilarious that the guy was hitting you when the cops came by. Also, ? for pausing before the opponent gets confetti. Screw that guy anyway. He obviously has the cops in his back pocket...

Well I had been pushed back furthest at that point I think.  What happened though is that I couldn't block so he just kept hitting me until I rolled back.  I had a similar thing happen when I ran out of stamina once, my punches didn't do anything and I couldn't block either. 

As asponge pointed out, you really just have to dodge/punch to have a chance.  But once you get into the 40's your opponent starts dodging all the time too which makes it really hard.

I wish they had you opponent change colors every 3 rounds like in vs Urban Champion.  It makes the game a little more interesting.  I don't think that rom has yet to be dumped though.

BTW you don't get the CHAMPION text until round 172 (if my hex to decimal is correct)!

9 minutes ago, Tempest said:

I wish they had you opponent change colors every 3 rounds like in vs Urban Champion.  It makes the game a little more interesting.  I don't think that rom has yet to be dumped though.

BTW you don't get the CHAMPION text until round 172 (if my hex to decimal is correct)!

Oh man, the sprite change, or palette swap at least, would've been nice. And man, that is a high round that I can't see myself getting to. Or really wanting to play long enough for, hah.

You also have different music, different times (instead of always being night), and extra lives which is nice.

The Youtube video I watched took almost two hours to reach that point, and he was pretty fast.  I couldn't play for that long...

• Like 1

Breakout game here. Not too much dodging, but a bit more of waiting a fraction of a second to decide if I should punch high or low. I also pretty much used strong punch exclusively, unless I needed him to back the eff off fast or if he just needs a tap to fall into the manhole. I'm happy to say that I lost my first life on round 26, but on 27 I was up 2-1, ran out of time, and the police rolled by... and picked me up! I read the manual wrong b/c it says the player who was pushed back the furthest towards the edge of the screen get picked up, and I thought it was whoever was down more in "screens towards a manhole" number. Bah.

Round 40 (3 trophies!)

uc-40-c.thumb.JPG.6e3b00bfe6632d016a8a6c8d11a1bd7f.JPG

1 hour ago, fakecortex said:

That sounds absurd...so maybe they were actually using a score from the arcade, which uses a point system?

It's a review of the NES game so I don't know what the heck is going on.

I left a message on the VGC message board but no reply yet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, asponge said:

I'm sure everyone's sad to see this one go...

Points Awarded:

Tempest      52   +25
asponge      51   +20
fakecortex   40   +17
mbd30        19   +14
roadrunner   18   +12
empsolo      16   +10

You laugh, but once I got the hang of it it wasn't bad.  Sort of mindless.  Then again once you've played through three levels you've seen everything the game has to offer.  The biggest issue the game has is that there's no changes on the higher levels.  It needed a bit more variety.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tempest said:

You laugh, but once I got the hang of it it wasn't bad.  Sort of mindless.  Then again once you've played through three levels you've seen everything the game has to offer.  The biggest issue the game has is that there's no changes on the higher levels.  It needed a bit more variety.

One issue is that the control feels slow to respond. But the main issue is that it's extremely repetitive and gets old fast. You can tell that it's a very early title for the system.

• Like 1