IGNORED

Broken Nes Satellite?

The gun portion was not working.  But directly plugged into my top loader works fine.  So the gun is fine.  Could be defective satellite. 

Then it occured to me to try a 2 player game.  1 controller works fine.  But 2 player super mario brothers does not work.  Second controller does not respond.

Both ports on my top loader work.  Because a gun works in second port.  And so does a 2nd controller.

But satellite #2 does not work.  I wonder what it might be.  Bad receiver, satellite, or both.

34 minutes ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

The Zapper does not work with 4 player adapters... anyway the Four Score is so much better than the Satellite....

Yes it does and that is not the issue.  Even a controller was not working.  I opened up the receiver to see if anything was broken.  And nothing I could see.  Then screwed it back up and it works now both player and controllers.  Not sure why.  I did not change anything.

So it works now.  Except the gun/zapper does not work still.

And satellite does work with gun.  There is a ctrl/gun switch.  And there are youtube videos proving so it works.

I don't care about the batteries.  I need the wireless zapper working.  And wired is not always an option especially if you are on a shelf in an entertainment center.

So I need figure out how to get the satellite zapper working.  I have the 4 score also.  But I need the wireless zapper working.

Nintendo did state, in no uncertain terms, that the Zapper would not work with an NES Satellite.  If your experience is different, that's awesome, but it would appear that experience is at an end.  

If you need to be far away from your TV, a controller extension cord is my suggestion.

8 minutes ago, godslabrat said:

Nintendo did state, in no uncertain terms, that the Zapper would not work with an NES Satellite.  If your experience is different, that's awesome, but it would appear that experience is at an end.  

If you need to be far away from your TV, a controller extension cord is my suggestion.

Then why is there a ctrl/gun switch?

The satellite works using ir sensors to make it wireless. This adds a LOT of lag/latency, which you can compensate for with controllers to an extent, but guns just get screwed up on wireless.

it's possible the makers intended to make a gun, which I assume they found wouldn't work so I imagine it never materialized.

As for one controller not working, could be a bad wire in the plug, a burned out led, or burned out sensor. Could also be a bad chip somewhere, but it's going to require disassembly and testing to find out what exactly, and if it can be fixed.

Eliminating an led would be easiest to do, just book it up, use a camera with ir (night vision) capability, and cycle through each controllers buttons to see if it lights up.

Edited by Video

8 hours ago, Video said:

The satellite works using ir sensors to make it wireless. This adds a LOT of lag/latency, which you can compensate for with controllers to an extent, but guns just get screwed up on wireless.

it's possible the makers intended to make a gun, which I assume they found wouldn't work so I imagine it never materialized.

As for one controller not working, could be a bad wire in the plug, a burned out led, or burned out sensor. Could also be a bad chip somewhere, but it's going to require disassembly and testing to find out what exactly, and if it can be fixed.

Eliminating an led would be easiest to do, just book it up, use a camera with ir (night vision) capability, and cycle through each controllers buttons to see if it lights up.

I fixed the controller as I said earlier.

And as for the gun it does work just not on mine.  2 minutes in he switches to duckhunt.  At first no go but 3 seconds later it starts working.  So there is your proof.  No special gun.  Just the grey zapper.

Edited by 0078265317