IGNORED

YAPP

9640News

15 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

Does anyone know if YAPP printed color?  Was the source code released?  If so, does anyone know where the source can be found?

Beery

You have to do a screen dump video to a Video Camera and port to Mac that is how I used to do it.

1. Get screen pic on YAPP

2. Hook up Video Cam from TI99/4A (of course  it is only composite)

3. Make a video

4. Hook up cam to Mac

5. Use make built in Movie Maker to make a pic you can print to color printer

Ex wife threw away my box of these pics I made.

Edited by RXB
missing text
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

If screen dumps with a camera is how it is done, then it would be better to run YAPP under MAME and just do a screen or window capture.

I've got the source to MyArt, though I do not recall if it printed color either and there is not an easy way to get MDOS/MyArt to print to PI.PIO. Since YAPP was so close to MyArt, was hoping source code had been released.

Beery

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BeeryMiller said:

If screen dumps with a camera is how it is done, then it would be better to run YAPP under MAME and just do a screen or window capture.

I've got the source to MyArt, though I do not recall if it printed color either and there is not an easy way to get MDOS/MyArt to print to PI.PIO. Since YAPP was so close to MyArt, was hoping source code had been released.

Beery

I tried YAPP on Mess and made a video but all the colors are way off compared to the real Iron:

RXB, I watched the video on the XHI Demo and after 2:38 min in you mention that the screen looks messed up. I tested XHI on my Geneve and it did the same thing, that because XHI needs to have disk two in DSK2 when it shall load the picture that should be shown, but when there´s no picture to load from DSK2 this mess turns up. If I´m correct XHI demo uses at least two MyArt images during the Demo.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nick99 said:

RXB, I watched the video on the XHI Demo and after 2:38 min in you mention that the screen looks messed up. I tested XHI on my Geneve and it did the same thing, that because XHI needs to have disk two in DSK2 when it shall load the picture that should be shown, but when there´s no picture to load from DSK2 this mess turns up. If I´m correct XHI demo uses at least two MyArt images during the Demo.

Yea but the Lines Demo is not a DSK2 load it is part of the program, you can load it by itself and it still does that?

Have to look that up, but I also notice that when I wanted to start the demo from the menu I got the same error as you got in the beginning of the video. This is because (on my disks) the menu is on disk one and the lines demo is on disk two and it should be placed in the second diskdrive on the system to work properly. 

If I´m correct, but this is in my memory from the 90´s. When the "mess" shows up XHI should load a picture and show it, then it split the screen into four and display the same image but in smaller size in these four screen locations. And then it split the screen into eight or twelve and show the picture in even smaller size at these eight or twelve locations.

So when the image isn´t loaded there will be lines shown for some reason I don´t know.

? Having a hard time finding the right words to explain, english isn´t my native language, but I hope it makes sense.

Edited by Nick99
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, RXB said:

I tried YAPP on Mess and made a video but all the colors are way off compared to the real Iron

Could you send me a photo with your real iron colors next to the emulated output? I know there are differences, also visible on my hardware, but I need another hardware output to compare.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mizapf said:

Could you send me a photo with your real iron colors next to the emulated output? I know there are differences, also visible on my hardware, but I need another hardware output to compare.

Sorry I live at my Girlfriends house now and all my TI hardware is in the Garage roof storage.

Maybe someone with TI hardware could do it, also my TIM Card died many many years ago.

• Sad 2

• 2 years later...

Here's disk images for YAPP v5.5; XHI v3.0; and XHI v3.6 (All require a V9938 or V9958).

XHI v3.6 has a program called HARDCOPY for printing images.

Also there is a source file on the XHI v3.0 disk.

XHI_V3-0.DSK XHI_V3-6.DSK YAPP_V5-5.DSK

Edited by Torrax
Fixed disk images
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1