IGNORED

Leonard Tramiel Exclusive Text Interview - Great Commodore & Atari Insight

Adriano Arcade

And just for the records, here's the magazines Review of Dark Seed. 

A review making clear just how closely the main character resembles Mike Dawson (well it would, they digitised Dawson, not Whittaker). 

Jane's engaged in a court case with the collected European and US Gaming press of the time documenting who was cast in leading roles, which games were being developed where and when and the personal testimonials from the surving staff who worked on the games themselves, proving way beyond reasonable doubt he has repeatedly lied to further his career and income. 

PC_Review_Issue_9_1992-07_EMAP_Images_GB_0051.jpg

PC_Review_Issue_9_1992-07_EMAP_Images_GB_0050.jpg

PC_Review_Issue_9_1992-07_EMAP_Images_GB_0049.jpg

• Like 2

This from Jane's Twitter last year, openly admits to being with Rebellion initially, then Atari. Given Rebellion was formed December 1992 this is an admission that all that past spiel about being adopted by the Tramiels and becoming VP of Atari was BS after all, so no surprise there then.

Jane's downfall is lack of consistency, every time the life story tale is told it differs in some way.

FWvZHPfWAAAY0mz.thumb.jpg.e2bca932fd546eea18153cc9ecca8978.jpg

• Like 2

This self scupper aspect is interesting. Again, here where Jane admits to not going out the house for more than 2 hours since 1998.

Must have been hard to have done all of that helping Bill Gates on the board of Microsoft and running EA stuff without hardly leaving the house?

893840180_Twitterhomesince1998.thumb.jpg.00188fa2d4813b073808664ba4e22645.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lostdragon said:

Jane's engaged in a court case with the collected European and US Gaming press of the time documenting who was cast in leading roles, which games were being developed where and when and the personal testimonials from the surving staff who worked on the games themselves, proving way beyond reasonable doubt he has repeatedly lied to further his career and income. 

Hear, hear!

It doesnt even have to be beyond reasonable doubt either, it's to the civil standard which is just majoritively false.

Edited by MrUnwondering
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MrUnwondering said:

Jane's downfall is lack of consistency, every time the life story tale is told it differs in some way.

Most people are too stupid to make good liars.  It takes an insanely good memory.  So much easier to tell the truth, but apparently that's a lost skill for many people these days.

• Like 3

Must have been hard to have done all of that helping Bill Gates on the board of Microsoft and running EA stuff without hardly leaving the house?

So - is this sock stuffing custard slinger a man married to a woman, a woman in a man's body that is a lesbian and attracted to a woman, a mentally ill "doesn't know what it is", or all of the above?  I am so confused. But I guess that's because I am not a woke brave person.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, MrUnwondering said:

This from Jane's Twitter last year, openly admits to being with Rebellion initially, then Atari. Given Rebellion was formed December 1992 this is an admission that all that past spiel about being adopted by the Tramiels and becoming VP of Atari was BS after all, so no surprise there then.

FWvZHPfWAAAY0mz.thumb.jpg.e2bca932fd546eea18153cc9ecca8978.jpg

I've always found this with serial liars (and I include people from my own family in this), they tell so many lies, so often, to so many people, they forget exactly which lies they've told to whom and end up contradicting themselves. 

This is the fatal flaw with name dropping, wanting to be seen as working with the big name individuals on flagship titles, you have to get your timelines nailed down as otherwise you paint yourself into a corner, you can't be where you claim doing what you claim, unless your Dr Manhattan from the Watchmen. 

Jane just needs to add duplication via Bio-Fusion, teleportation and time travel to his resume and he's in the clear ?

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Stephen said:

So - is this sock stuffing custard slinger a man married to a woman, a woman in a man's body that is a lesbian and attracted to a woman, a mentally ill "doesn't know what it is", or all of the above?  I am so confused. But I guess that's because I am not a woke brave person.

When the dust finally settles on this one, what's the betting a mental health diagnosis will be put forward and used to explain away Jane's fantasy accounts and we should all be ashamed of ourselves for not being more understanding, is the angle taken by Jane and those that insist on defending Jane? 

• Like 3

On 7/9/2022 at 7:10 AM, Lostdragon said:

the angle taken by Jane and those that insist on defending Jane?

Jane's stance is all his statements over the years are all perfectly true.

Those saying otherwise are bigoted liars, or being duped by bigoted liars, some even trying to steal his advanced AI technology.

• Haha 1

On 7/9/2022 at 7:10 AM, Lostdragon said:

When the dust finally settles on this one, what's the betting a mental health diagnosis will be put forward and used to explain away Jane's fantasy accounts and we should all be ashamed of ourselves for not being more understanding, is the angle taken by Jane and those that insist on defending Jane? 

I have no doubt that anyone who spoke against Jane will always be villainised by the few who stand with Jane, I've accepted that.

But I am absolutely certain that in all Janes insanity, they know exactly what damage they're doing, whats right and wrong, or what stories to weave in order to escape another victim. The story changes and excuses are too purposely crafted in response to each situation to just be the rampant thoughts of a mad person.

• Like 3

Those saying otherwise are bigoted liars, or being duped by bigoted liars, some even trying to steal his advanced AI technology.

I guess those of us that don't custard drop in socks and cut off our penii are the crazy ones then.  Learn something new all the time!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MrUnwondering said:

Technology so advanced nobody at Athena Worlds has been able to produce a single title for any commercial platform since the studio founded ?

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, ThatGuyMike said:

I have no doubt that anyone who spoke against Jane will always be villainised by the few who stand with Jane, I've accepted that.

But I am absolutely certain that in all Janes insanity, they know exactly what damage they're doing, whats right and wrong, or what stories to weave in order to escape another victim. The story changes and excuses are too purposely crafted in response to each situation to just be the rampant thoughts of a mad person.

They do say there's method to madness. 

Jane seems to absolutely bask in the reassuring warm glow that each time someone ignores the clearly documented evidence and invites Jane for a chat in their publication or on website or podcast etc.. it's not just an opportunity to role old the same tired old anecdotes, but change them to adress evidence presented to prove said anecdotes were nothing but lies. 

The new stories, additional layers to existing stories are as deliberately vague and misleading as those that went before them. 

And those interviewing Jane are just as quilty, never once pressing Jane to explain statements connected to The Sims, World Of Warcraft etc. 

A simple line of questioning such as, so Jane, you talk of working on various Amiga Flight Sims, can you detail which ones? 

Or:Jane, you constantly reference your involvement in with The Sims and World Of Warcraft, both major, long running franchises, spanning multiple platforms. 

Can you talk us through your exact roles on which installments and which platforms? 

Surely that's the fundamental purpose to an interview, to get the most information from the individual being questioned?. 

I can only pray the court has asked Jane the above.. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The claims made in this old Wireframe Magazine column, came to mind once again, Jane talking of Mike and himself being flown back to the UK at the crunch point of AVP development, Atari sending an army of couriers to the Whittaker family home, with lots of heavy equipment... 

It was in stark contrast to personal accounts of working with the Tramiel, given by others.. 

Fred Gill of ATD software, went on record pointing out Atari were so tight with money, they had to threaten them to get payment for Cybermorph, Atari flew Flare to Sunnyvale during the Jaguar hardware development cycle on the cheapest flights going... 

You have to question why you would think you could suddenly present the same Tramiel Atari as being so generous they'd pay to have 2 key staff flown back to the UK at a games most important development stage, plus pay for the transportation of development equipment... 

Fred did point out Sam did reward staff who had worked on key titles, giving ATD staff who were over at the time, his season tickets to San Jose Shark Hockey matches. 

That's believeable. 

Fred didn't need to butter the claim up with talk of wodges of cash and keys to sports cars being handed over. 

Screenshot_20220805_092843_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

Screenshot_20220805_092941_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"In the UK, designer and programmer Andrew Whittaker, who had collaborated with Alien designer HR Giger on the PC horror-adventure Darkseed, was approached by Atari to work alongside Rebellion.
Giger had personally recommended him for the new game. Andrew would spend long hours discussing the behaviour and many character nuances of the Aliens with their creator, and the Predator's motivation and design with Stan Winston's movie effects department as well as Fox
"

FFS. Whittaker has yet to show proof he worked directly or even met with Giger or Stan Winston, or had anything to do with Fox.

Seems always the grandiose buzzy spiel, a somewhat slight of hand given the truth is he play tested DarkSeed for a few weeks prior to it's UK distribution.

"Working with a console that was still effectively in the development stage was an unusual process for both teams. Andrew remembers constantly rewriting various graphic routines as the Jaguar's hardware was being finalised, before hitting on the idea of coding new game elements, then suggesting the hardware features to implement them."

Contradicts himself "that wonderful 3d engine is all Mikes!" it can't have been Whittaker rewriting the graphics routines then?

Would be hard for the hardware to change much too, it was already in the stores before Whittaker started on the game.

"Andrew wanted to add artificial intelligence like 'pack-hunting' behaviour for the Aliens, which would work to lead unwary players into traps - a feature he had christened 'Alien Chess'. In the long run this subtle feature would distinguish the game from rivals like Doom, whose monsters would simply become active when the player approached, rather than actively chase or lie strategically in wait when the player entered their virtual environment."

Where's this Alien Chess pack hunting? It didn't appear to be anywhere in the source code.

"When the game was finally completed, a grateful Sam Tramiel gave Andrew a hefty bonus, along with the keys to his brand new sports car, and told him to take off for a two month vacation."

🤣

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2022 at 10:55 PM, MrUnwondering said:

image.thumb.png.4abcbcf63bb414ccbb82d527c3af00f6.png

"goes on to mention my relationship with HR Giger and Stan Winston and his team."

https://archive.org/details/book_atari_book/page/n193/mode/2up

What new Atari Book? 😂

This is just a Retrogamer Magazine book one, one dedicated to Atari, it's a collection of old articles. 

It's not a book, it's a bookzine, definitions Jane, definitions.. 

As for the relationship with HR Gieger and Stan Winston... 

Both sadly no longer with us, convient that Jane, can't be contacted.. 

The Giger relationship was exposed as an absolute fake by the Cyberdreams staff. 

Care to put forward the names of any surviving members of Stan Winstons special FX team, who'd back up your claims Jane? 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 10:14 PM, MrUnwondering said:

"In the UK, designer and programmer Andrew Whittaker, who had collaborated with Alien designer HR Giger on the PC horror-adventure Darkseed, was approached by Atari to work alongside Rebellion.
Giger had personally recommended him for the new game. Andrew would spend long hours discussing the behaviour and many character nuances of the Aliens with their creator, and the Predator's motivation and design with Stan Winston's movie effects department as well as Fox
"

FFS. Whittaker has yet to show proof he worked directly or even met with Giger or Stan Winston, or had anything to do with Fox.

Seems always the grandiose buzzy spiel, a somewhat slight of hand given the truth is he play tested DarkSeed for a few weeks prior to it's UK distribution.

"Working with a console that was still effectively in the development stage was an unusual process for both teams. Andrew remembers constantly rewriting various graphic routines as the Jaguar's hardware was being finalised, before hitting on the idea of coding new game elements, then suggesting the hardware features to implement them."

Contradicts himself "that wonderful 3d engine is all Mikes!" it can't have been Whittaker rewriting the graphics routines then?

Would be hard for the hardware to change much too, it was already in the stores before Whittaker started on the game.

"Andrew wanted to add artificial intelligence like 'pack-hunting' behaviour for the Aliens, which would work to lead unwary players into traps - a feature he had christened 'Alien Chess'. In the long run this subtle feature would distinguish the game from rivals like Doom, whose monsters would simply become active when the player approached, rather than actively chase or lie strategically in wait when the player entered their virtual environment."

Where's this Alien Chess pack hunting? It didn't appear to be anywhere in the source code.

"When the game was finally completed, a grateful Sam Tramiel gave Andrew a hefty bonus, along with the keys to his brand new sports car, and told him to take off for a two month vacation."

🤣

The closest Whittaker has ever come to Giger, is owning a few books based on his work.. 

His ahem work on Dark Seed was on the Amiga version. 

He came up with new gameplay elements? Purple Hampton would confirm that then would he Jane? 

Suggesting new hardware changes, again Jane, ATD whom the role of bug testing the hardware, fell onto and did suggest a minor hardware change, which was implemented, would back you up there then? 

Jane's A. I code is notorious for killing the frame rate, seeing the xenos unable to navigate obstacles like tables 😂

Anything but subtle... 

Ahhh Retrogamer Magazine, as it's editor said back in the day, it wasn't accuracy in articles that mattered, they just wanted word counts hit... stories from names from within the industry... 

And they used Jane as a source, what? 

3 times before it finally dawned on them, they'd been played? 

Original Jag Article. 

AVP

And In The Chair With... Interview. 

• Like 2

On 8/25/2022 at 2:40 PM, MrUnwondering said:

"the finest values in the business"

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850290784828784654/1012319543588307055/unknown.png

Where has this come from? 

It's recent i assume? 

So after all the hype, the Nolan Bush ell connection.. then absolutely sweet F. A, not even a game announced, something even Springer Spaniel managed back in the day.. 

They've lost funding??? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Lostdragon said:

They've lost funding??? 

I guess you can't lose something you've never had. Probably the Wordpress/Goddady/etc website fees are coming up and they don't want to break the 10 quid founding capital.

I know, I know, sounds like I'm making up a lame joke here. And yet: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12074750/filing-history

• Haha 3