IGNORED

Magnavox Odyssey Multicard - call for orders!

Hello everyone, a quick link towards my latest homebrew available for download using your multicards:

Submarine - a port from the PC-50x system now on your Odyssey!

I thought this would also be a good time to present my table for pin layouts and roughly what they do. If you check the schematics for the Odyssey and its pin layout, you can get a rough idea, but for a "human readable format", check out below:

Note: Player 1 (right) is always visible

I might have got player numbers mixed up here, apologies if I have

[this denotes its most commonly used features in the original games]

SWITCH A

1 - Player 1 vertical gliding movement [Roulette / Interplanetary Voyage]

2 - Player 2 reset button shoots Player 1 from bottom to original Player 1 position (effected by A1 too) [used by Roulette]

3 - ??? used in card 12 though apparently

4 - Rifle Mechanic, use with B8 for full functionality [Shooting Gallery]

5 - Displays Player 2 (left)

6 - Used with A8 to produce shorter line. Also seems to have a second function - without this and A8, some objects are partially visible when they should be hidden [Volleyball]

7 - Moves line to left-middle of screen [Handball]

8 - Displays line graphic, without A7 it stays between middle-right of screen

9 - Player 1 death on touch by Player 2 - I think Player 1 also dies on touch with ball, if ball is enabled. - used with C4 and C7 [Cat and mouse, Interplanetary Voyage]

10 - Ball graphic - does nothing without other switches on

SWITCH B

1 - Ball movement. Requires C6 to function normally, without C6 automatically moves towards the right

2 - Ball bounces right from wall [Handball]

3 - Ball bounces left from both players [Handball]

4 - ??? However I believe this relates to the wall - not used by any original games

5 - Ball death on collision with line [Volleyball]

6 - Thins the line slightly [used in table tennis and volleyball]

7 - I think this is required to guarentee proper rebound mechanics in Handball with B3

8 - Reset button on both controllers reshows Player 1 if hidden

9 - Reset button reshows/moves ball - if held down it stays hidden until released

10 - Player 1 horizontal gliding movement [Roulette / Interplanetary Voyage]

SWITCH C

1 - ??? I believe this is controller related, but not sure what it actually does, used in Roulette

2 - Player 2 Reset button moves ball towards the right

3 - Player 1 Reset button moves ball towards the left

4 - Player 1 dies on contact with both ball or Player 2 I believe - used with A9 and C7 [Cat and Mouse, Interplanetary Voyage]

5 - Seems to speed up the ball for bouncing [Handball]

6 - Used with B1 for ball to function normally.

7 - Player 1 dies on contact with both ball or Player 2 I believe - used with A9 and C4 [Cat and Mouse, Interplanetary Voyage]

8 - Ball mechanic, slowly moves up slightly, pressing reset moves it down suddenly

9 - ??? I believe this relates to English controls. I tried comparing Tennis and Table Tennis with this and didn't really get what changed [Tennis, Volleyball]

10 - Use this for your homebrew hardware! For the brave.

Some of these are reliant on others to work, the main examples being:

B1 + C6 for ball movement

A9 + C4 + C7 for cat and mouse mechanic

B5 + B9 for Ball death on line

A4 + B8 for rifle shooting (B8 handles the reset to reshow the square)

B2 + B3 for wall bounce

Hope these notes help for anyone coming up with unique features. I have a few more up my sleeve coming soon*

* Possibly referring to years rather than days/weeks/months

• 1 month later...

Thanks to everyone who has recently purchased a multicard, new buyers please note the updated message at the top of the first post:

There is about 6-8 units remaining ONLY

A second batch is not impossible, but not likely in a speedy fashion. If there is anyone who is interested in getting one, I strongly suggest contacting me soon to avoid disappointment.

Please message me here on the forum if you want to order before sending money across. I cannot guarantee now that all orders can be fulfilled by simply sending me money... please check I have some first!

The range is 6-8 because I never like to have zero left in case any issues with transport - I would also like to keep a couple myself to be saved in case we need it to replicate (though I do have the files) and if I need to resend one of the last orders for any reason. Touch wood, every single unit so far has found its home safely.

Thank you for everyone's support!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
18 hours ago, rpgcollector said:

I would take one if you have any unsold

Thanks for enquiring. I'm starting to build up a new list and hoping to consider ordering another 20+ in the near future. I'll try and keep the price the same but with costs going up and a smaller order, might be looking at a slight increase. 

If anyone else has been thinking 'I would like one too!' please let me know, the bigger the number the cheaper we can get it! 

Let's celebrate 50 years of odyssey in style ? 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Black0Panther said:

Any word on Odyssey 2 Multi carts at all?

If your referring to the actual odyssey 2 / videopac G7000 there is plenty of options. This is specifically for the first odyssey released in 1972.

I have enquired about pricing and numbers and I am potentially looking at getting 26 or 50 more units, if I can get 50 they will stay at same price, if its the lower number I might have to raise it. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...