IGNORED

The Best 25 Commodore Amiga Games Ever! Part 1 of 3

Adriano Arcade

What are the best Amiga games ever made!? we sat down & compiled Arcade Attack's Top 25 Amiga Games of all time & made a video. 

A video that is professionally made!? Yup, I am as shocked as you! This is part 1 of 3. 

Would love to hear your thoughts on the video and our choices. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JffLh7_I0U

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/9/2020 at 7:14 AM, Adriano Arcade said:

What are the best Amiga games ever made!? we sat down & compiled Arcade Attack's Top 25 Amiga Games of all time & made a video. 

A video that is professionally made!? Yup, I am as shocked as you! This is part 1 of 3. 

Would love to hear your thoughts on the video and our choices. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JffLh7_I0U

Cool.  I will have to check this out when I have a moment to do so.

• Like 1

Always nice to see new vids and renewed love for the Amiga! A few opined thoughts since you asked:

1) background music too compressed and too loud - typical modern audio production and that's not a good thing IMO. Had to turn the volume way down as it was giving me a headache. Really what you want to hear on vids like this, where you're trying to showcase a game, are the actual in-game sounds and/or music while demonstrating anyway. 

2) Static 'Arcade Attack' logo pasted in the upper left is too large and obscures some of the titles and box art. Not all game titles are introduced consistently* between games either. Feel like the logo should get out of the way after a while or be placed somewhere else. 

3) Faux pinball dot-matrix display kind of neat for a change! I'd rather read scrolling text than hear most people stumbling over themselves (esp. poorly organized, poorly mic'd or too loud) trying to describe gameplay - when again, what you should really be hearing is the game itself.

...overall, love the enthusiasm here and the game choices seem alright for a start! Hell of a library and tough trying to narrow down your favs when it comes to such lists. Looking forward to your next two vids...   :)

*North & South comes to mind. Logo completely covers 'North' and the game title isn't introduced anywhere that I saw. I wouldn't assume that every single person that runs across such a vid, is familiar with all of these games. 

• Like 3

The logo pasted right on the game title box and scrolling LED text was just hideous.  I could not get through the second game.  It was just horrible and seriously crap like this is why I don't promote the Amiga.  It's truly a sad fate for such a great machine for it's day.