IGNORED

#FujiNet Hardware Discussion

Just a quick video of installing light pipes into the 3D printed FujiNet case. These aren't required but make the LED light look much better. The holes are big enough to fit 1.75mm filament in them. I used transparent NinjaFlex but you could probably use any transparent filament. Push it through until it hits the work surface, cut it leaving some extra and use a soldering iron at 230-250C to melt the excess flat.

• Like 8

On 6/18/2020 at 2:48 PM, mozzwald said:

I've created a new form on the FujiNet site to get a rough estimate of how many boards I need in the next batch for those who were unable to get one in the first batch. It's not a reservation or pre-order, just a way to gauge interest.

https://fujinet.online/order-interest/

Just curious what the number is up to.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an update on the first batch of FujiNet hardware..

PCB assembly has been delayed several times already. The factory in China is apparently very busy. I got word this morning that production should be done by early next week and ship to me (fingers crossed). They did provide a few photos of a completed board and everything looks good:

FujiNet-Production-1_1024.thumb.jpg.89647556c82e7c4b6774a122bdd281f7.jpg

FujiNet-Production-2_1024.thumb.jpg.f04ceca3ed730c3c5498f2772792289c.jpg

A majority of the reservations were for the XL style case which I am having printed by a 3rd party in addition to the SIO connectors. They have all of the SIO connectors and some of the cases finished. The 2nd spool of beige filament they received for the XL cases would not print successfully so another spool is on the way to them. I have already finished printing the XE and 400/800 style cases myself.

Hopefully everything will arrive to me around the same time in the next 2 weeks. Thanks for being patient!

• Like 11

Boards arrived yesterday! I had enough time to hook one up and flash the latest firmware with success, but unable to test on the Atari without SIO connectors. I will be building a couple this weekend with the 3D printed connectors I have and do a full barrage of tests. The lot of cases and SIO connectors should be shipping to me soon. The new filament spool is working better than the last.

Small box of 50 boards :D

IMG_20200716_212013658_1.thumb.jpg.bcbe5332907137718a5956e0e1431f1a.jpg

• Like 14

On 7/17/2020 at 10:49 AM, mozzwald said:

I will be building a couple this weekend with the 3D printed connectors I have and do a full barrage of tests.

Have you managed to get any of the units tested this weekend? As one of the"first 50", I'm rather interested. :)

33 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Have you managed to get any of the units tested this weekend? As one of the"first 50", I'm rather interested. :)

Yes, I got 5 built and tested this weekend. All 5 boards are working fine so far. The cases and connectors have shipped and should arrive early this week so I can then begin the solder party... only 1300 SIO pins to solder ;) There are a few photos on my twitter feed https://twitter.com/mozzwald

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The package hasn't moved so I've opened a case with USPS.

In the meantime, I got a new heated bed for my printer and have begun printing all the things. Three complete cases take 9 hours so I can realistically print 6 a day. Three sets of connectors take 4 hours. I will begin sending invoices and shipping packages this weekend.

IMG_20200723_222633900_1.thumb.jpg.b1f9786af17cfa9e02dfc8520be6106d.jpg

IMG_20200723_222723957_1.thumb.jpg.544b3e8edd50d66af20cc58129e445ab.jpg

• Like 3

Cases and connectors have popped up on radar again which is great cuz I already ran out of filament for the XL cases.

Screenshot_20200726-162329_1.thumb.png.3a56b7761af8cee9dc3e87491a693757.png

I was able to ship out 9 FujiNets yesterday and will ship some more tomorrow. I'm going in order of reservation but there are some lucky folks who didn't pick XL cases and jumped ahead in line ? Sorry for the delays.

• Like 2

So I received my FujiNet today - yay!

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the #Config utility to let me enter an SSID for my home LAN. As it loads, it's trying to connect to "thegrid" which I presume is @mozzwald's home or test network. The Github test plan/documentation says to press X to enter a new SSID/password but that gets no response.

What am I doing wrong? :)