IGNORED

Games, doodles and demos

Muddyfunster

Well, the mystery game could be one of these...

Atlantis
Beamrider
Demon Attack
Gorf
Gyruss
H.E.R.O.
Jumpman
Jungle Hunt
Kaboom!
Lode Runner
Miner 2049er
Montezuma's Revenge
Moon Patrol
Mr. Do!
Paperboy
Pitfall
Pitfall II
River Raid
Spy Hunter
Star Wars
Tapper
Zaxxon

Unless it's a game released after 1984, which is entirely possible too. It would be cool to see a later arcade or console classic get a port to the 7800. One that's not from the early 80's for a change. But no matter what it is, I'm excited to see it!

• Like 2

Now you've done it... thanks to "Gyruss Lemmings" I'm sitting here contemplating a game where your ship shoots lemmings. :dunce: Pick up multiple lemmings, like humanoids in Defender, and splat them at your enemies to defeat them.

Somebody, please make it so. Thx!

• Haha 5

35 minutes ago, RevEng said:

Now you've done it... thanks to "Gyruss Lemmings" I'm sitting here contemplating a game where your ship shoots lemmings. :dunce: Pick up multiple lemmings, like humanoids in Defender, and splat them at your enemies to defeat them.

I'm being selfish but as an owner of an actual fully working Gyruss arcade cabinet, I'm hoping for something else LOL! Although Lemmings would be kinda cool by itself on the 7800. But can the 7800 handle the horizontal scrolling smoothly with all the lemmings sprites? And the controls would be kinda a pain. Would have to employ the method where using the second button would move the cursor to the tool bar set and PAUSE the game action so you can select the tool needed. 

But if it were Lemmings or Gyruss, I would hope that the YM2151 gets thought about for music so my DF has more to stuff to sing to me!

• Like 3

Just now, -^CrossBow^- said:

But if it were Lemmings or Gyruss, I would hope that the YM2151 gets thought about for music so my DF has more to stuff to sing to me!

Oh man... that would be a dream for someone to make Gyruss for the 7800 using all the channels of a fully stocked DF. I LOVE the music on that game!

"The AY-3-8910 and its variants were used in many arcade games—Konami's Gyruss contains five"

- James

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

Oh man... that would be a dream for someone to make Gyruss for the 7800 using all the channels of a fully stocked DF. I LOVE the music on that game!

"The AY-3-8910 and its variants were used in many arcade games—Konami's Gyruss contains five"

- James

Exactly...you would have all the channels from the 2151, the 4 voices from the POKEY, and... AND still have 2 voices from the TIA as I believe you can run them all at the same time from the DF. That would be a lot to work with as the TIA could handle the basic sound effects and use the YM and Pokey together for the music and maybe other sound effects when needed if the TIA can't keep up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Exactly...you would have all the channels from the 2151, the 4 voices from the POKEY, and... AND still have 2 voices from the TIA as I believe you can run them all at the same time from the DF. That would be a lot to work with as the TIA could handle the basic sound effects and use the YM and Pokey together for the music and maybe other sound effects when needed if the TIA can't keep up.

Theoretically, if had the fully decked out DF you would get all that, plus instead of POKEY- Dual POKEY and also Covox for samples. 

2 hours ago, RevEng said:

I'm just glad I read it wrong the first time.

I thought it stated "Gyrating Lemmings" and the 7800 is getting an adult title featuring Lemmings..

Eww...

• Haha 4

25 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

Theoretically, if had the fully decked out DF you would get all that, plus instead of POKEY- Dual POKEY and also Covox for samples. 

19 different channels/voices for audio? That's kinda insane but it would be amazing to see and hear. 

Heck add in the AVox+ for good measure to make it an even 20 then I say.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jinks said:

So what is the game? It is 10pm here now.. is there a place to watch it or does it need to upload? 

You can watch the replay of the reveal and interview on Twitch here: https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

or wait until tomorrow for it to be posted on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/zeropagehomebrew

The game is....  Keystone Kapers for the 7800!! Muddyfunster says that the demo for people to play will be posted tomorrow. ?

- James

image.thumb.png.7250b61f8cf16946c920d5c77433a9c5.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

EXO kind of reminds me of a remake of an old game I played years ago.  I can't remember what it was, but you drove a tank that had a detachable upper section that could fly and you could use it to explore other parts of the level.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2022 at 3:49 PM, Muddyfunster said:

I've been working on a new project (port/reproduction) and @ZeroPage Homebrew will be previewing it on the upcoming May 6th stream.

Reveal hidden contents

It's not Gyruss Lemmings. Sorry :( 

My wife said that I can forget to sleep late if I wake up at 4AM to watch this.

Why cannot the earth be flat? We could all be in the same time zone.

flatearth.thumb.jpg.58c3cc89662122068acc3a8a12315cd6.jpg

• Haha 5

EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of

1590142992_MuddyVisionLogo-Transparent.thumb.png.83a477ed60f66872aeb260a76aa444e5.png

SECRET NEW HOMEBREW

FRIDAY MAY 6 on ZEROPAGE HOMEBREW

WATCH LIVE on TWITCH @ 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT+1Day

https://www.twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

1932711822_20220505-MuddyVisionSecretNewHomebrew.thumb.jpg.f1152e7620571f63f25e23bfe8714ea5.jpg

Today, Friday May 6th, on ZeroPage Homebrew we will be playing the EXCLUSIVE WORLD PREMIERE of @Muddyfunster's newest Atari 7800 homebrew! We can't wait to reveal this SECRET GAME to you on the show, you're going to LOVE IT!

Lewis Hill (MuddyVision/Muddyfunster) is the multi-award winning developer behind such amazing Atari games as Bernie & the Cubic Conundrum (7800), Danger Zone (7800), Dare Devil (2600), Keystone Kapers (7800), TyreTrax (2600) and the incredible E.X.O. (7800)! See you tonight for the reveal!

- James
  • Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

I had bit of free time to experiment this evening and I got to thinking a bit about Shadow of the Beast and the cracking 4k demake on the 2600, Soul of the Beast. I wondered how close to the ST version the 7800 would be able to get if someone wanted to do an adaptation.

This is just a fun "tech demo" and is not a game. I also have no plans to make it into a game.

Everything is 160A, mostly converted from the ST version, the character is converted from the TG16 version The animation on the character is a bit janky, I didn't spend much time polishing it up. If I get some time I'll add a few trees etc.

Personally I never liked the SoTB series, graphically lovely (Especially the Amiga version) but not my kind of game. I think the game would be probably be doable on the 7800 with some compromises.

Anyway, here's my little doodle. Enjoy :) 

unknown.png

Beast_tech_demo.a78

• Like 18