IGNORED

Friday Night AA'er Steak Run

Guest cvo

Guys, I can't make it to the steak run b/c I will be helping out set up for AGE. But I wanted to start this thread so that someone will hopefully set up details for the AA'er steak run b/c I know some people still wanted to do it. Anyone in Austin want to help organize this? I will be there in spirit so someone please eat a hunk of half-bloody meat for me. :D

Thank god. I read the title as “Friday Night AA'er Streak Run”. Now for some of y’all, this wouldn’t really be a bad thing (cvo :D ) but for others … god it could give me nightmares just thinking about it.

Don't expect many of the organizers to be there, because most of us will be at the hotel Friday night setting up and assisting many of the vendors and exhibitors bringing on heavy equipment (such as the 40+ arcade machines) that night. I personally also have lots of stuff to bring in for the AtariAge setup, plus I am helping with the museum. I figure I'll get maybe two hours of sleep if I'm lucky. :)

..Al

Don't expect many of the organizers to be there, because most of us will be at the hotel Friday night setting up and assisting many of the vendors and exhibitors bringing on heavy equipment (such as the 40+ arcade machines) that night.  I personally also have lots of stuff to bring in for the AtariAge setup, plus I am helping with the museum.  I figure I'll get maybe two hours of sleep if I'm lucky.  :)

..Al

If you'd like, I have a screaming baby I can loan you. That'd kill those two hours for you in no time. :)

We can still get together Saturday night or Sunday morning--Sunday may be a better time given the organizers' lack of sleep over the weekend. :)

If someone familar with Austin can suggest a restaurant that is close to the hotel? I say we meet at the hotel and carpool or follow each other depending on how many we have going.

As to the time? If you are going, post when the best time would be. It doesn't matter to me, as long we don't go too early, say before 5 o'clock.

I expect to be very hungry, as I never eat very much in airports. :D

The suggested place is Texas Land and Cattle, but the closest one is about 15 minutes from the expo and I don't know if anyone that's actually from here is able to go. There is an Outback Steakhouse right down the street from the expo, but you guys have been there before ;) Oh, and you will definitely need reservations. There is a good BBQ place that's easy to find from the expo site, it's right on the interstate.

I can probably meet up for steaks if we were to do it a little later on Friday. I'll be out on the lake until about 6:30.

Saturday during the con when we'd all need a break from Atari goodness for a while?

Well we're going to need to eat dinner eventually, but some of us are watching tables and can't breakaway for long. Man this sucks.

Tempest