IGNORED

Has anyone tested the screen for lag?

So I've had Project Diva Mega39's since February, but just now I remembered that it has a setting to compensate for input lag. It also has a mode to detect input lag based on your button presses.

I know that my display has a 5 millisecond delay. I run the auto detect thingy using the pro controller in wireless mode and it gives me a number. This is almost always 007, unless I really decide to be terrible and not hit the button at the right time. Not sure how much lag the pro controller has, so I'm guessing that this is 5 ms of display lag + 2 ms of Bluetooth lag... or something. Yes, I know there is probably no way in hell that a Bluetooth controller will give you 2 ms of lag, and that I should expect way more than that. Game doesn't actually say what measurement it's using. I'm guessing that you probably can't read Japanese, so trust me, it doesn't say anything about milliseconds or whatever:

2020052522081900-3A8180A07C6FFAA3408FF8DDE3E2BC4A.thumb.jpg.6d66939f42b2a5f571fcea0542d90a6e.jpg

2020052522073300-3A8180A07C6FFAA3408FF8DDE3E2BC4A.thumb.jpg.578b1669922d900b119d1ae36c74f255.jpg

Anyway, this is fine (probably), but only partially what I want to talk about. What I'm mostly curious about is what I should set this to for handheld mode. I'm really not sure if Joy-cons act as wired or wireless in this mode or how much input lag they have, and I'm also not sure about any lag that the actual system's screen has. A quick internet search doesn't mention anything about the system's screen having input lag, but I'm guessing that it's probably there. I'm not sensitive to input lag unless it's super terrible, but I am still very curious and since the game requires precise timing, I might as well try to find out.

Edited by Steven Pendleton
  • Confused 1

...and I can't believe I didn't think of this until now, but I can just do the lag auto detection thingy in handheld mode. Oops.

Still, the question about the screen's lag is still valid.

And now I just realized that I wrote 007 up above when it should be -007 instead since it gives you a positive or negative value and I forgot to write that.

Edited by Steven Pendleton