IGNORED

The Official Sega Saturn Thread!

On 4/11/2021 at 3:41 AM, BawesomeBurf said:

I've only played their Lunar games on PS1 and Dragonforce on the Saturn and loved all of them. The pop culture references are funny IMO, and I could care less if it's 100% accurate to the original script. I just want something entertaining, and that's exactly what I got with their games.

Agreed. Dragon Force was amazing, and other localizations by them seemed solid in my book.

Does anyone happen to know what resolution Asuka 120% Limited runs in? I got it today along with Layer Section and none of my OSSC presets (320, 352, and 704) seem to be perfect, but they all seem to look fine, which itself is actually really weird. It's nothing major, but if you know, that would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Hey Saturn folks...

I am looking for some help.  If someone has a Sega Saturn Arcade Racer steering wheel in the box, I am trying to see figure out if I am missing anything.  Would someone here be willing to tell me what all is in the box including the cardboard pieces that hold the unit securely in the box?

Thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, KylJoy said:

Hey Saturn folks...

I am looking for some help.  If someone has a Sega Saturn Arcade Racer steering wheel in the box, I am trying to see figure out if I am missing anything.  Would someone here be willing to tell me what all is in the box including the cardboard pieces that hold the unit securely in the box?

Thanks in advance!

Not at home at the moment but can try and look tomorrow. I'm not fully sure if mine is 100% complete but I don't think any of them are protected from falling out the bottom. 

34 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Is a sealed copy of Christmas Nights worth 1100 yen? I found one in town today. I'd feel bad about opening it, but I'm not sure if it's worth getting in any case.

Despite being a promotional item christmas nights is not particularly rare. At what equates to £7 for sealed its not expensive, but there is nothing to suggest a sudden surge in price for keeping it sealed either. Maybe in 20 years time, or maybe never ? perhaps found a little cheaper used, I probably wouldn't blink at that price if it was here in the UK. 

Welp I finally bit the bullet and installed the MODE I ordered back since April.  It's working great! Only thing I realized is now I have no way to test discs. :lol: Ah well, I know they're all working and at this rate will probably sell most of them except for Dragon Force (since I like having the manual) and Nights with 3D controller since the only other controller I have is a single regular Saturn pad.

S4C0GVS.jpg

Edited by NE146
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, NE146 said:

Welp I finally bit the bullet and installed the MODE I ordered back since April.  It's working great! Only thing I realized is now I have no way to test discs. :lol: Ah well, I know they're all working and at this rate will probably sell most of them except for Dragon Force (since I like having the manual) and Nights with 3D controller since the only other controller I have is a single regular Saturn pad.

S4C0GVS.jpg

I essentially tested all of mine when I made my images I used on my RHEA I have installed into my Saturn. Just used Imgburn and one other program that escapes my mind right now, to make the images from my originals. I had one Saturn game that wouldn't work due to some pinholes in the disc. That was my original of In the Hunt. Odd thing is that it does actually work in a real saturn and only me PC drive didn't like it. So yes, on that disc I had to resort to other means to get an image of it on my Rhea.

On 6/20/2021 at 3:12 AM, Mikebloke said:

Not at home at the moment but can try and look tomorrow. I'm not fully sure if mine is 100% complete but I don't think any of them are protected from falling out the bottom. 

Were you able to take a look?  Thanks!

On 6/20/2021 at 9:51 PM, Mikebloke said:

Despite being a promotional item christmas nights is not particularly rare. At what equates to £7 for sealed its not expensive, but there is nothing to suggest a sudden surge in price for keeping it sealed either. Maybe in 20 years time, or maybe never ? perhaps found a little cheaper used, I probably wouldn't blink at that price if it was here in the UK. 

Alright, I'll consider going to pick it up tomorrow. Honestly the reason I want to go back to Akiba is actually because I found a copy of Jumping Flash for 380 yen that I somehow managed to forget to buy, but I might get that sealed Christmas Nights if it's still there. I may pass on it simply because it's sealed, though, as I want to play it but don't want to open it.

Actually, while I'm here and before I run out of edit time, Saturn Out Run: worth getting the Racing Controller for it or just play it with the Multi Controller? I have a Multi Controller, but not the Racing Controller. Not sure if it's worth getting the Racing Controller for Out Run, but maybe I'll be interested in getting some of the other Sega racing games as well. Still not sure which version of Daytona I should get, though, as every version seems to be a compromise.

Edited by Steven Pendleton

I FINALLY got a memory cart for my Saturn today and the storage space on it is absolutely massive. Or maybe the Saturn's built-in memory is just ridiculously tiny. Or both. Probably both.

Anyway, I was looking for Out Run today but I only found copies that do not work with the white Saturn. Unfortunately, I have a white Saturn in addition to my Skeleton. Does the version of Out Run that doesn't work on the white Saturn work on the Skeleton? I don't know and the staff dude didn't know either, so I decided not to buy a copy.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 3:19 AM, Steven Pendleton said:

I FINALLY got a memory cart for my Saturn today and the storage space on it is absolutely massive. Or maybe the Saturn's built-in memory is just ridiculously tiny. Or both. Probably both.

Which one did you get? I'm really knee deep into playing Dragon Force at the moment but it's annoying to me that I can only have one save file on the internal memory.. . I don't remember how the heck I dealt with it 20 years ago. :lol: 

10 minutes ago, NE146 said:

Which one did you get? I'm really knee deep into playing Dragon Force at the moment but it's annoying to me that I can only have one save file on the internal memory.. . I don't remember how the heck I dealt with it 20 years ago. :lol: 

The only one worth getting today is the action replay plus. It would be a waste of money to get a different one.

Well it's funny because what I have is a blank all-white cartridge, which I seem to remember is SUPPOSED to be a memory cart. But when I plug it in the back, the Saturn sees nothing... unless I'm missing some step. 

I know my cart slot works because when I plug in my st-key cart (which I guess I used to play backups long ago), it brings up its menu fine. 

14 hours ago, NE146 said:

Well it's funny because what I have is a blank all-white cartridge, which I seem to remember is SUPPOSED to be a memory cart. But when I plug it in the back, the Saturn sees nothing... unless I'm missing some step. 

I know my cart slot works because when I plug in my st-key cart (which I guess I used to play backups long ago), it brings up its menu fine. 

Maybe it's a RAM only cart.

On 6/26/2021 at 6:13 AM, KylJoy said:

Were you able to take a look?  Thanks!

Sorry for the delay, I needed to clear out where it was anyway so I waited until I was going to do that job...! Nothing that will help though, see picture. 

I'm trying to wrack my brain about what I have seen in the past, I had a friend down the road from me selling one at a boot sale many years ago, I never picked it up because I already had this one. From what I remember there was a piece of card that folded diagonally to hold the stem or trunk (I don't drive I have no idea what you call it!) of the wheel in place and then fills the x and y dimensions of the box. I know it can't have been any bigger height wise because it barely fits empty. I think the card was white print on one side and not printed on the other side, but this is just poor memory recollection. I think there is a black and white print manual for it which I might have elsewhere which looks like the gun one, multiple language which fits sideways into the box. Sorry this wasn't very helpful in the end, and almost all memory based. I had a look in the console box in case I stuck manual in there but couldn't find it. 

I then had to apologise to the Saturn because its been many years since its come out... Sorry Saturn :( ill give you a warm up boot soon. 

16254830947847995525388466109966.jpg

On 7/5/2021 at 6:15 AM, Mikebloke said:

Sorry for the delay, I needed to clear out where it was anyway so I waited until I was going to do that job...! Nothing that will help though, see picture.

Thank you much.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 1:22 AM, KylJoy said:

Hey Saturn folks...

Thanks in advance!

I believe I may be able to help.  I have a boxed Saturn Arcade Racer in my roof. I shall dig it out over the next few days.  From memory, I think it has some card inserts. One bit that the base of the wheel sat in and a piece of card that slotted over the handle.  Plus a bagged manual. It's been a while since I looked at it. 

13 hours ago, Lord Innit said:

I believe I may be able to help.  I have a boxed Saturn Arcade Racer in my roof. I shall dig it out over the next few days.  From memory, I think it has some card inserts. One bit that the base of the wheel sat in and a piece of card that slotted over the handle.  Plus a bagged manual. It's been a while since I looked at it. 

Off Topic - Lived in Bexhill most of my life uptill late 20's and when at Uni!

Back on topic. Annoyingly missed the last Fenir drop, waiting on next batch!

Hey, it's the Saturn thread! I kind of forgot this place existed...

I got Radiant Silvergun recently. I have only played it for about an hour, but it's really good and is probably one of the better shooting games I have played, both in general and on the Saturn. Too bad the 360 version apparently has some input lag, which leaves the Saturn version as the best home version, as it's literally the only other home version. The game really deserves a rerelease without input lag and preferably with the original graphics intact.

I thought about getting Battle Garegga next, but it's on the PS4 now (but not PC. Incredible sadness) and way cheaper, so I might skip the Saturn version and get it on the PS4 instead.