IGNORED

Atari Freezer 2011 Declare Interest Thread

santosp

Hallo,

If it is possible, please place a collective order
for the "ABBUC in Berlin" (AiB - Abbuc Regional Group Berlin)
6-8 pieces

with adapter XL/XE
(if possible)

Thanks
Andreas

Wenn es möglich ist, bitte eine Sammelbestellung
für den "ABBUC in Berlin" (AiB - Abbuc Regionalgruppe Berlin)
6-8 Stück

mit Adapter XL/XE
(wenn möglich)

Danke
Andreas

1 hour ago, dl7ukk said:

Hallo,

If it is possible, please place a collective order
for the "ABBUC in Berlin" (AiB - Abbuc Regional Group Berlin)
6-8 pieces

with adapter XL/XE
(if possible)

Thanks
Andreas

Wenn es möglich ist, bitte eine Sammelbestellung
für den "ABBUC in Berlin" (AiB - Abbuc Regionalgruppe Berlin)
6-8 Stück

mit Adapter XL/XE
(wenn möglich)

Danke
Andreas

Thanks Andreas. :thumbsup:;-)

On 5/29/2020 at 4:41 PM, santosp said:

Hello to all the 8-bit community. ;-)

I has take the decision to start to produce the "Turbo Freezer 2011" again. I am already with communication with Hias "the owner of this" about my intentions and have his consent to that.

Pcb was designed back in 2017, and stay in my drawer all this years. My initial thought was the pcb to become at the size of a cartridge shell. Specific to fit on a colorful shell like the Atari Max.

Now for some reason Steven Tucker isn't available, so it will be needed to me find some other shell and redesign the pcb to fit on this.

The original adapters for XL/XE series will still exist and supplied together.

So to give you the complete picture, the offer is for the sell a Atari Freezer 2011 pcb with a plastic shell, followed by the two classic adapters for use on XL and XE Atari's.

Technically speaking will be a small 4 layer circuit board, for the first time with one ic of 1MB RAM versus the previous 2 x 512KB. Adapter boards will be the same as in original project, with "gold fingers" in edges.

An estimated cost to make this possible is around $ 70 - $ 75 plus postage. To be this range price possible I will need to order components to construct 100 pieces. Of these, at least 80% should be distributed here.

So here I would like to ask you to express your true interest in whether you need such a device and exactly how many pieces. Please post only those who really want at least one such device. The cost of production is meager for me, and I would like to know if it's worth it to embark on such a big adventure.

Thank you all, Panos

What precisely is this?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Update! :!:

Greetings to all the interested members.

After almost 2 1/2 difficult months of preparing, the first 25 "Turbo Freezer" are ready to ship.  These have been programmed and tested for proper operation, using the "production tool" of the author, Hias.:thumbsup:
Each device will be accompanied by both adapters for use in XL and XE Atari's. The color of the cartridge that the buyer will receive will be random between red or green

I will also include a sticker in the postal packaging, which if the end user wants, he can stick it himself on the device.

The final cost is 85$ plus 12$ shipping cost tracked.

At this time, the Greek postal services to international destinations at this price is still available. So it will be good for those who are interested in hurrying, because it is unknown how long it will remain like this!

Some photos are available here.

• Like 2