IGNORED

Magical Fairy Force Release Thread

Ryan Witmer

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Just got my copy of Magical Fairy Force in the mail today!  What a fun game!  Perhaps a tad easier than I expected… beat the game with Kitty and Frooty already.  But this is very unique and fun to play and a fine addition to the 5200 library!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DamonicFury said:

Just got my copy of Magical Fairy Force in the mail today!  What a fun game!  Perhaps a tad easier than I expected… beat the game with Kitty and Frooty already.  But this is very unique and fun to play and a fine addition to the 5200 library!  

Thanks, glad you're having fun with it!  I still don't have my copy...

Some people tell me the CPU player is too easy, some say it's too hard.  I'm not really sure what to think.  The main focus is the two-player, but like Curling, I thought it was important to have a single player mode.  Writing the behavior for the CPU was an interesting challenge, but I'm glad I haven't had to do that for my next two projects.

I'm fighting with the CPU player behavior in the PC version right now.  There's so much more stuff in that version that I've been forced to come up with a completely different approach to it.  I'll get it working eventually.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I think that I should mention this in this thread as well -- after spending some time with this game since its physical-cart release, I wrote up my thoughts in some length.  It is posted at the end of this post here:

In short, I love that this game exists and enjoy playing it, but had to be honest when writing up my review.  I mostly like the game but do have some issues with it that I discuss.  If I've gotten anything wrong please correct me.

13 minutes ago, A Black Falcon said:

In short, I love that this game exists and enjoy playing it, but had to be honest when writing up my review.  I mostly like the game but do have some issues with it that I discuss.  If I've gotten anything wrong please correct me.

I just posted a response on your website about an hour ago, which I just randomly came across.  I'm not sure if that's what prompted this post or not.

In short, your critique is pretty fair and on point.  There's nothing wrong with it.