IGNORED

Lock-On 2600

ChrisKewl

15 hours ago, ChrisKewl said:

No real reason to. @Curt Vendel is creating the 7800XM and that'd be the one I'd vote for on POKEY support. :)
Check out posts on the 7800XM to get more information! Thanks!

You could correct me if I am wrong, but the XM looks to be years in the making and years in the shipping. If there was a way you could add pokey to your cool invention, it would be MUCH appreciated :)

22 minutes ago, hizzy said:

You could correct me if I am wrong, but the XM looks to be years in the making and years in the shipping. If there was a way you could add pokey to your cool invention, it would be MUCH appreciated :)

While I could be wrong on this, I believe the lock-on is just an extension or passthrough type device. It doesn't really contain any logic. So I don't believe it is that simple to just add a pokey inside the thing to suddenly have it work and even if it was, this lock-on is only for 2600 games and does not contain the traces for use with 7800 games which, are the only games that would require and use the pokey. The external audio line from the pokey in the carts I believe is on one of these extra cartridge pins that the 7800 uses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, -^CrossBow^- said:

While I could be wrong on this, I believe the lock-on is just an extension or passthrough type device. It doesn't really contain any logic. So I don't believe it is that simple to just add a pokey inside the thing to suddenly have it work and even if it was, this lock-on is only for 2600 games and does not contain the traces for use with 7800 games which, are the only games that would require and use the pokey. The external audio line from the pokey in the carts I believe is on one of these extra cartridge pins that the 7800 uses.

You are absolutely correct. This only works for 2600 carts and won't even accept a 7800 cart. This was never meant to be a replacement for the 7800XM because I love the idea and respect the heck out of @Curt Vendel

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Thank you for the explanation! 

• Like 1

I finally got to test out my Lock-On this weekend, and it worked great.  I'd actually been thinking about building something like this for myself with wires and a donor cart(s).  I'd also looked at getting one of those Game Brains to serve the same purpose, but buying this was simply cheaper and easier.  I love it.  The community was probably overdue for something like this being widely available.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finally got mine (after USPS lost the first one!). Absolutely love it. Played a few of my Activision games on my 7800 without smashing it in the OG 7800 slot! :) Very much a must have for any 7800 owner IMHO. Just a note that somehow USPS lost mine on the way the first time, so asked to have it sent priority the next try. @ChrisKewl was very easy to work with and has a "hit" product on his hands! Thanks Chris!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...