IGNORED

Lock-On 2600

ChrisKewl

58 minutes ago, ChrisKewl said:

Yes, the guy is no longer around and cannot fulfill orders. @Albert has all the Lock On carts I have and we're just waiting for them to get into the store again.

2 hours ago, ChrisKewl said:

Yes you should worry unfortunately. I stated earlier this year that Winz no longer carries them.

Try to get PayPal to refund you since that store is no longer valid.

We are hoping to have these in the AtariAge store real soon.

Thanks!

Thanks for the answer.

This seems to be the first time in years that I got cheated on which is even more disturbing as we are talking about rare/special community products. 😑

For once, my naivety seems to be punished.🥸

I would be very interested in the pausemod/s-videomod as I bought a 6-switcher recently.

Edited by m.o.terra kaesi

2 hours ago, m.o.terra kaesi said:

..this bugs me: who is this guy? 

He must be hanging around here as the Atari hombrew community is too small and nerdy to be not involved all over.

I have been part of this community since 2001, I was a freelancer who worked for companies including Atari before settling in at GameShark for a few year stint. I now run a nonprofit that helps gamers with cancer. The owner of this community @Albert can vouch for me. Hope that clears up your question.

• Like 2

Seems like i didn't get the point before or we missunderstand: So yourself was the owner of WINZMODS!?

If not the owner must be around here too, which was my point in my earlier post. 

Unfortunately I paid with credit card (10 days ago), so the money transacted.

7 hours ago, m.o.terra kaesi said:

Seems like i didn't get the point before or we missunderstand: So yourself was the owner of WINZMODS!?

If not the owner must be around here too, which was my point in my earlier post. 

The owner of that site is @winz_mod

• Like 1

8 hours ago, m.o.terra kaesi said:

I don't know how credit cards work in Switzerland for a foreign transaction but here we could dispute the charge if we never received the goods from the transaction. 

I would give that a try. They might require you to wait a littler longer for "transit/delivery" since it was a foreign transaction, but if you don't try to dispute the charge then you will never get that money back. If you try it's at least a 50/50 proposition. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, groundtrooper said:

I don't know how credit cards work in Switzerland for a foreign transaction but here we could dispute the charge if we never received the goods from the transaction. 

I would give that a try. They might require you to wait a littler longer for "transit/delivery" since it was a foreign transaction, but if you don't try to dispute the charge then you will never get that money back. If you try it's at least a 50/50 proposition. 

You're right, I try. 

Thank you!

Did I understand this right from @ChrisKewl: it is possible that all those modes are going to be available in the AtariAge store soon???

If not, are there alternatives for the "pause/svideo/composite" mod?

(s-video is pretty important to me)

12 hours ago, m.o.terra kaesi said:

No, I am not Winz (Andrew Ventre). He left the community due to a personal issue. He's not easily contactable. I don't wish to explain further since it's a personal issue.

2 hours ago, m.o.terra kaesi said:

You're right, I try. 

Thank you!

Did I understand this right from @ChrisKewl: it is possible that all those modes are going to be available in the AtariAge store soon???

If not, are there alternatives for the "pause/svideo/composite" mod?

(s-video is pretty important to me)

No, just the Lock-On will be available soon. I do not know what else Winz is doing, I only worked with him on the Lock-On.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ChrisKewl said:

No, just the Lock-On will be available soon. I do not know what else Winz is doing, I only worked with him on the Lock-On.

Thanks for the answer. It is a pretty astonishing reality as Winz' website and products look really decent. There would have been the potential here in the community to give away good experiences for several more customers. 😔

• 4 months later...

Hello!

2 questions from someone new to this thread:

1) I have some Activision 2600 carts that fit fine in my 7800, but are... temperamental to get working. The cartridges must be inserted at just the right depth, and the board sometimes needs to lean a little or be held downwards to work. If memory serves, this is because of a slight difference in thickness and connectivity in the Activision 2600 PCB boards when compared against other 2600 games. Does this piece of hardware solve that issue?

2) How do I purchase one? Do I have to wait for atariage.com to have them in stock?

Thank you!

• 9 months later...