IGNORED

.vhd hard drives on Coco2

hloberg

I have CoCo2 setup in MAME/MESS and have a .vhd hard drive attached to it. beyond that I have found almost no info on if CoCo2 works with a HD in  standard DOS, how one addresses a HD as what drive number/name or if you need a special DOS to access the drive. the .vhd is from colorcomputerarchive and is pre-formated 1/2 OS-9 have regular DOS.

and since I'm currently looking for a CoCo2 and will, eventually, get a SD drive adapter does any of the SD drive adapters emulate a HD too?

On June 3, 2020 at 2:04 PM, hloberg said:

I have CoCo2 setup in MAME/MESS and have a .vhd hard drive attached to it. beyond that I have found almost no info on if CoCo2 works with a HD in  standard DOS, how one addresses a HD as what drive number/name or if you need a special DOS to access the drive. the .vhd is from colorcomputerarchive and is pre-formated 1/2 OS-9 have regular DOS.

and since I'm currently looking for a CoCo2 and will, eventually, get a SD drive adapter does any of the SD drive adapters emulate a HD too?

Yes.   The cocosdc is pretty much the only viable sd solution right now, and it does support vhd's.    You can actually download a cocosd image to copy/paste to the sdc's sd card. It's in the coco archive

• Like 2