IGNORED

Moon Cresta ColecoVision

opcode

10 hours ago, opcode said:

A particular game that I am sure would translate great for the CV is Crazy Climber, another Nichibutsu classic. Release only for the 2600, and even so in a limited edition. And the port wasn’t great either. Would be a great match for the extra buttons in the Super Action Controller.

Crazy Climber was always a particular favourite of mine in the arcades.  Would love to see that on the CV.

• Like 2

...and as @sramirez2008 indicated...a great candidate for a twin-stick controller...like this:  ? (not thread-jacking or antagonizing...just having some fun)

9iJHIB.png

...but with different artwork obviously  Of course however its programmed, a twin stick controller can be always made (and probably will be...wink, wink).  But it would definitely be easier and less expensive to build a twin-stick, if as Eduardo mentions, it uses the extra buttons from only 1 controller.  I could imagine though, how others may simply want to use 2 CV Hand Controllers they already own, strapped down to a plank of wood, for a "budget friendly" twin-stick controller, but Eduardo...you have my absolute blessing to use the extra buttons from 1 controller for this!  ?

Again, note...this is all in fun. 

But seriously, if Crazy Climber becomes available...there will be a Twin-Stick controller for it...mark my words.  ?  While you're at it...lets see Robotron: 2084, Space Dungeon, and Black Widow for the ColecoVision!  Let the good times roll!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, doubledown said:

And isn't the ROM openly available...or at least available via the club membership...for use on the Phoenix, or the AtariMax carts?

Yes, the ROM is available with a CollectorVision club membership.  An earlier revision of the game ROM is also bundled free with the purchase of an AtariMax Ultimate SD cart.

12 minutes ago, Mr. John ColecoVision said:

I requested to be added to the list for this via Opcodegames.com :)....if there is one yet

Hi John! We actually don't have a list for this. If you have subscribed to my Opcode newsletter, then you will notified when the game is available. I prefer not to have pre-order for games, unless I am really short on money. Getting money in advance is never the best option, unless I absolutely have to. Anyway, in case you haven't subscribed yet, please consider subscribing to the newsletter here:

http://opcodegames.com/WebApp/EmailRegistration.html

Thank you!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, opcode said:

Hi John! We actually don't have a list for this. If you have subscribed to my Opcode newsletter, then you will notified when the game is available. I prefer not to have pre-order for games, unless I am really short on money. Getting money in advance is never the best option, unless I absolutely have to. Anyway, in case you haven't subscribed yet, please consider subscribing to the newsletter here:

http://opcodegames.com/WebApp/EmailRegistration.html

Thank you!!

Hi ! Thanks for the quick reply, that makes it easier...I double checked and I am already subscribed.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I'm getting zero sound fx when firing in this game on my Phoenix.  Anybody else have this and does it have the distinctive Moon Cresta sound when firing?  I've played with the sound settings on my tv, tried my headphones and another tv.  No success.  Anybody know what the problem might be?  I've reached out to Opcode but thought I'd post here too.

On 10/4/2023 at 9:53 PM, insertclevernamehere said:

I'm getting zero sound fx when firing in this game on my Phoenix.  Anybody else have this and does it have the distinctive Moon Cresta sound when firing?  I've played with the sound settings on my tv, tried my headphones and another tv.  No success.  Anybody know what the problem might be?  I've reached out to Opcode but thought I'd post here too.

My copy is getting sound on my Phoenix.  It sounds exactly the same as the Opcode video linked below. 

3 hours ago, Oldschool80skid said:

My copy is getting sound on my Phoenix.  It sounds exactly the same as the Opcode video linked below. 

Ok, thanks.  So now I know for sure it's not supposed to be like that.  I hope it's a simple case of needing a replacement cartridge.  I tried two tv's with 2 different hdmi cables and my headphones without success.  The only thing it could be other than a faulty cart is a faulty Phoenix but I don't have any issues with any other games as far as I know.  I reached out to Opcode a couple of days ago but haven't heard anything.  I hope I hear from them soon and they will be amenable to sending a replacement and that a replacement cart fixes the issue. I don't like long waits of silence when something needs rectifying.  I'm a worrier and can't help stewing in my own juice.  Especially when I've paid good money for something that isn't working properly.  If it turns out to be a Phoenix issue, I think I'm done with the console and Colecovision game collecting.

9 minutes ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Ok, thanks.  So now I know for sure it's not supposed to be like that.  I hope it's a simple case of needing a replacement cartridge.  I tried two tv's with 2 different hdmi cables and my headphones without success.  The only thing it could be other than a faulty cart is a faulty Phoenix but I don't have any issues with any other games as far as I know.  I reached out to Opcode a couple of days ago but haven't heard anything.  I hope I hear from them soon and they will be amenable to sending a replacement and that a replacement cart fixes the issue. I don't like long waits of silence when something needs rectifying.  I'm a worrier and can't help stewing in my own juice.  Especially when I've paid good money for something that isn't working properly.  If it turns out to be a Phoenix issue, I think I'm done with the console and Colecovision game collecting.

Have you tried to update to the latest Phoenix firmware? That should be the first thing all Phoenix users should do. Please contact the manufacturer and make sure you are at the latest firmware. 

Edited by opcode

54 minutes ago, opcode said:

Have you tried to update to the latest Phoenix firmware? That should be the first thing all Phoenix users should do. Please contact the manufacturer and make sure you are at the latest firmware. 

I have the latest firmware updates as per the "Collectorvision Phoenix Release Thread".  It doesn't look like there's a more recent one than July 2020 but maybe there's a newer one elsewhere?

There is a slight crackle on the speaker in place of the actual firing sound in Moon Cresta.  I've also noticed a crackle but no absence of sound on my cart of DKA (see video - comes out as a more bass thump on the video).

This also happens on my digital download of DKA off the SD card.  These 2 Opcode games are the only ones I've ever noticed this crackle and/or absence of a sound effect.  I don't understand why this is happening with my 2 Opcode games.  None of my original games or after market games from Team Pixelboy and Collectorvision have this isssue.  It's extremely frustrating and disappointing to the point I don't think I want to risk getting any more Opcode games.  And if I can't get them, I see no point in continuing with owning this Phoenix.  I may post on AtariAge at some point to see if anyone is interested in purchasing it.

Ideally though, I REALLY want a solution and no sound glitches with my Opcode games!  Especially as I've already shelled out for season 2 of the Opcode game club and would love to continue buying more Opcode games IF there were no sound glitches.

EDIT: I've also noticed that the volume and pitch of the tune at the beginning of Moon Cresta is so high and shrill, I have to turn the volume down several notches lower than any other game.  Don't know if that's just me or another problem.

Edited by insertclevernamehere

9 minutes ago, insertclevernamehere said:

Here’s a video of my Moon Cresta with possibly overly loud, shrill music (or just me being wrong) and an absence of the shooting sound.

Bizarre indeed. I assume you don't have a regular ColecoVision to try the game on?

Well, since the DKA also sounds a little weird, and no one else with a Phoenix is reporting the same issue, I don't think it has anything to do with the cartridges. It is probably something wrong with the ColecoVision core or something with the sound output. I don't think replacing your cartridges will fix the issue. Your best diagnostic solution at this point would be to test the games on a real ColecoVision. Please let me know. Also, if any other Phoenix owner here can please record the sound output, that would be greatly appreciated.