IGNORED

Announcing: Loaded4Bear AI

kisrael

Loaded 4 BearAI

An original Atari 2600 Death Match!

Now with computer opponent!

Do bears shoot in the woods? They do now! A frenetic deathmatch for one or two players... run through the leafy forest. Every time you shoot, you freeze, and lose your natural camouflage - but you can control your shot of bearish-doom right into your opponent. First bear to 10 hits wins!

The original 2 player version was written in 48 hours for the Global Game Jame 2015 and featured the best Atari music this side of Gyruss and Pitfall II! The 2020 update adds a relentless-but-gullible computer opponent.

UPDATE: new version drops the camouflage in one player mode, which should make things clearer

PROTIP: the computer is fierce but not smart. If you can make it to the screen, the computer might be confused enough to give you some breathing room...

More info at the official website https://alienbill.com/loaded4bear/

loaded4bearaction1.png

loaded4bearAItitle.png

loaded4bear_no_camo.png

loaded4bear.bb loaded4bearAI.bin

Edited by kisrael
updated game
  • Like 3

The link to your web site seems to jump to this thread when clicked on.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do in the game. The enemy seems to run right at me, then I can't tell which one I am or which way to shoot.

Can you post a YouTube video showing the best way to play?

Fair points. I've modified the game to remove the "camouflage" (bears are the same color as the forest when not firing) when playing the computer, which should make the players more clear.

As for tactics - the computer is fierce and in your face but can be confused if you make it to the scren edge...

• Like 1

We'll be checking out Loaded 4 Bear AI on tomorrow's (Wed Jun 10) ZeroPage Homebrew stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew