IGNORED

Grid Bug Expansion by Aquarius?

I've heard rumors about Grid Bug, a 16K expansion module made for the Odyssey (I believe for the 200, 300, 400, etc series Odysseys) by Aquarius. Can anyone verify if that is true? I also notice that a listing for it does come up in Pricecharting too. But other than that the rumors are few and far between. Just curious if anyone has any information on how to validate if this actually exists? Or how it was marketed and sold? 

On 6/9/2020 at 1:34 PM, Jettgogaming said:

I've heard rumors about Grid Bug, a 16K expansion module made for the Odyssey (I believe for the 200, 300, 400, etc series Odysseys) by Aquarius. Can anyone verify if that is true? I also notice that a listing for it does come up in Pricecharting too. But other than that the rumors are few and far between. Just curious if anyone has any information on how to validate if this actually exists? Or how it was marketed and sold? 

Sorry I don't have any info to add, but I'm trying to figure out how a 16K expansion module would work on the Odyssey models you listed (200, 300, 400). These were pong like units and had no CPUs. They used dedicated TI chips (if I recall).

There was a chess module that was released for the videopac? Is this the same idea?

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 12:34 PM, Jettgogaming said:

Whoever started that rumor is mistaken. Like pboland said, it makes no sense to add RAM to hardware that has no CPU. The Odyssey motherboards have no provision for any kind of expansion anyway.