IGNORED

Altirra 3.90 released

phaeron

30 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Avery did say why they fail, but it was a while ago, so I can't remember...

Like you, I tried loads but only got 1 or 2 to work..

Always the way :)

Were any of them like 2xsai or HQ2x?

I would like something like this.

13 hours ago, oo7 said:

Just dawned on my to check the help file. The shaders are based on RetroArch CGP.

However when I throw any of the common library cgp shaders at Altirra they all fail.

Guess I have some learning to do or something lol.

You're probably running into an issue either between Cg and HLSL or the shader trying to use features that aren't supported in Direct3D 9. It unfortunately isn't feasible to support all RetroArch shaders, only a subset.

20 minutes ago, oo7 said:

help lol

Capture2.PNG.732048d0b0a2c445f0a51c9ca62187df.PNGCapture.PNG.adcc6a12f7f635c6ec95a2d5babede96.PNG

Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling has nothing do with the display effect acceleration setting in Altirra (System > Configure System > Emulator > Display).

I'd have been no help as that feature is for Windows 10 and I'm Windows 7, also I don't have a fancy display like that :)

According to Google you do this if you have a HDR display

If your PC and display support HDR, turn it on to get started.

1. Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > System  > Display .

2. If you have multiple displays connected to your PC, choose the HDR-capable display under Rearrange your displays.

3. Select Windows HD Color settings.

4. Under Display capabilities, check to make sure it says Yes next to Use HDR.

5. Turn on Use HDR.

20 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

I'd have been no help as that feature is for Windows 10 and I'm Windows 7, also I don't have a fancy display like that :)

According to Google you do this if you have a HDR display

I already have hdr active, it was a setting in altirra, phaeron helped me find it. 

its not sooo much a fancy display. I my living room i built a media pc into the wall behind my wall mounted tv for gaming, i use Altirra here for gaming with wireless xbox controllers. Its nice. Myself and the wife grew up starting with the A8 computers so ourselves and family all have our favourites on this platform

Altirra’s amazing compatibility is heaven for us especially since we have favourites from both pal and ntsc regions. 

on this setup Altirra gets hours of use a day sometimes.

• Like 2

https://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-4.00-test43.zip
https://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-4.00-test43-src.7z

• Fixed typos in debugging help.
  • Fixed minor bug in POKEY renderer save state loading.
  • Fixed save states not loading when the system has a power-up delay active on cold reset.
  • Minor improvement to syslink readability in dark mode.
  • Added additional PERCOM disk drive firmware images to autodetect list.

This release also contains the source code for the RMT plugins.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

I went through the beta's one by one and that feature was added in beta 31, so you need to skip forward a bit ;)

A lot of users out there still use 3.90. See a lot of people me included noticed Altirra due to using virtual dub now or in the past, so a lot of users get on Altirra but have never been here, might never come here.

I recently found out a friend of mine who grew up on the A8 also uses Altirra but doesn’t come here and he didn’t know of the test builds till I told him.

maybe a link to the test build folders should be on the Altirra site and or a suggestion to come look here or something. Maybe.

just a thought.

Avery created an RSS news feed to announce any new builds

https://www.virtualdub.org/feeds/altirra-update-dev.xml

As for links to here, that is up to Avery, there must be a reason he has not linked to AA from his page. I'd guess it's just one less task to keep up with, always having to update what thread is the latest build, let alone links to the evolving test versions.

I'd also guess that people use the last published final more because it's had rigorous testing whereas the test versions are just that, tests, BUT as someone like many on here who follow the test versions very closely, you will find that the test versions are very stable and if you want all the latest additions then the wait for a final can be a long one.

Edited by Mclaneinc

I would be surprised if a feature not present in a major point release is publicised anywhere but in the thread discussing the subsequent test releases, so anyone discussing features in test releases has probably already arrived in this thread, and - in this case - need only scroll half way up the page to grab the latest version. ;)

21 minutes ago, oo7 said:

A lot of users out there still use 3.90. See a lot of people me included noticed Altirra due to using virtual dub now or in the past, so a lot of users get on Altirra but have never been here, might never come here.

I recently found out a friend of mine who grew up on the A8 also uses Altirra but doesn’t come here and he didn’t know of the test builds till I told him.

maybe a link to the test build folders should be on the Altirra site and or a suggestion to come look here or something. Maybe.

just a thought.

On the other hand, keeping low profile of the -test versions has its value, as the -test versions are mostly meant for and more "technical people", while the stable version is intended for the 'general public'. 

3 minutes ago, baktra said:

On the other hand, keeping low profile of the -test versions has its value, as the -test versions are mostly meant for and more "technical people", while the stable version is intended for the 'general public'. 

True, when it comes to emulators, I enjoy just trying to break them as much as trying out any new additions, it's something I've done since day one of emulators. There's something satisfying about knowing what it should be doing and then finding the emulator not doing it right. Also, quite handy for the emu authors to know it's getting a good test. So many of us on here just do the same and handy to have such a varied set of folk who have their own in depth knowledge of different area's of the emulation.

20 hours ago, phaeron said:

The right-click feature does require 4.00-test. You can still bind a shortcut in 3.90, but will need to search for it manually in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog.

Alright. I'm here (see the image, please). What should I do next?

altirra-ks.jpg