IGNORED

HOW RARE: Sear TeleGames Adventure with Picture Label?

Evanlor

4 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

The cartridge in itself not really rare.  The box would bring up the price but even the box isn’t really that rare.  Lately the price has been inflated however. 

Thanks!  I've honestly never seen an Adventure label with Sears on it, and I scour eBay and other sites nightly.  

Of course that doesn't mean it is rare, its just that I don't ever see them.  Do you?  Have you?  Thanks again!

Evan

3 hours ago, sramirez2008 said:

I think it’s cool. I only have a couple of Sears carts.

Thanks, me too!

Some of the Sears full-color labels pretty easy to come by (Sear Pac-Man, Asteroids, Berzerk, Sub Commander, etc), while others seem like pipe dreams.  Adventure and Basketball come to mind in the latter category, to be sure.

Evan

9 minutes ago, Evanlor said:

Thanks, me too!

Some of the Sears full-color labels pretty easy to come by (Sear Pac-Man, Asteroids, Berzerk, Sub Commander, etc), while others seem like pipe dreams.  Adventure and Basketball come to mind in the latter category, to be sure.

Evan

Yeah, I have Asteroids and Sub Commander. 

27 minutes ago, Evanlor said:

Thanks!  I've honestly never seen an Adventure label with Sears on it, and I scour eBay and other sites nightly.  

Of course that doesn't mean it is rare, its just that I don't ever see them.  Do you?  Have you?  Thanks again!

Evan

The Sears picture labels are among my favorites for the Atari. I just love the artwork on them.  I have a full set of them but some of them are not easy to come by.  

Edited by Atari_Bill

1 hour ago, Atari_Bill said:

The Sears picture labels are among my favorites for the Atari. I just love the artwork on them.  I have a full set of them but some of them are not easy to come by.  

Do you have Superman?  The Sears picture version of that is quite rare.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Atari_Bill said:

You mean this one? ?  

Yeah this might be the rarest piece I got.  

718FF414-33EE-4B4B-8DAF-4D5593D0AA7D.jpeg

*DROOL   Woa, VERY COOL

I think the rarety guide doesn't really reflect how hard these picture labels are to come by. I've NEVER seen one of those.  

I had a chance to purchase Basketball and no luck - really hard to find that one, too.  

Any others that are difficult to locate?

Evan

• Like 1

Several of the Sears picture labels are fairly hard to find.  I’m not sure which ones are tougher now, but there are threads here discussing this.  I think Gunslinger and canyon bomber took me quite a while to find.  Race isn’t the easiest either. 

As as far as the Superman goes, I don’t know for sure that it’s ever been decided that it was an official release.  I don’t know specific numbers but I’ve heard of only maybe under 10 people that has one. That seems very odd that they would have made such a rare variation for production.  

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 12:20 PM, ClassicGMR said:

That Adventure cart is ultra rare... I mean look at a dollar bill when a stamp is upside down. Much money! Well your adventure cart is completely reversed! I'd give you

one-million-dollars.jpg

Funny.

Not for sale - took me 2 years of scrounging to find such a thing.

I've just come across a Sear Baseball picture label.  Can't wait for it to get here!

• Like 2

On 6/17/2020 at 5:00 PM, Atari_Bill said:

Several of the Sears picture labels are fairly hard to find.  I’m not sure which ones are tougher now, but there are threads here discussing this.  I think Gunslinger and canyon bomber took me quite a while to find.  Race isn’t the easiest either. 

As as far as the Superman goes, I don’t know for sure that it’s ever been decided that it was an official release.  I don’t know specific numbers but I’ve heard of only maybe under 10 people that has one. That seems very odd that they would have made such a rare variation for production.  

Can you point me in the direction of the threads that discuss Sears and Telegames stuff for the Atari? 

This is near and dear to my nostalgia - I grew up picking toys out of the Sears catalog every September/October.

4 hours ago, Evanlor said:

Can you point me in the direction of the threads that discuss Sears and Telegames stuff for the Atari? 

This is near and dear to my nostalgia - I grew up picking toys out of the Sears catalog every September/October.

I feel the same way.  My first Atari unit was a Sears 6 switch.  I still have it CIB today (I was a weird kid that kept everything boxed and in nice shape).  Below is a thread that I recall providing some insight into the Sears pic labels.  Check it out.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2020 at 6:48 PM, Shawn said:

Picture label Sears Adventure as a loose cart is about a R3. 

Can you tell me why you think so?   I’ve been scouring several sites for almost 2 years while building my collection, usually a couple of hours a day, and I’ve only seen one of these for sale.  Have you seen many?  This was my main question as I truly believe that some of these Sears picture labels are more like a 7-9 range, and possible a 10 or two are in there to boot.